What's better for a massage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think oil feels better, don't have to reapply as often but it's harder to remove after you're done. I had the most incredible massage in Hawaii, we splurged and got dual massages on our honeymoon - heaven!

I've just used the last of my favourite, I hope they still produce it

I love the heady sandalwood/orange blossom oil. It is a very powerful one that is something that makes me happy.....to be able to still smell it hours later. I have one called Peaches and Dreams too. I am seriously considering buying a massage table as a family Christmas present actaully. I seem to be the giver, not the receivee and reaching down to the level of our bed is starting to do my old back in. I'll probably faint when I see the price of them..ah well, what's new?
Short answer love?
OIL
almond base, play with the fragrances.

If we are talking a post sport/injury massage I use deep heat or and Australian product Goanna Oil ewwwwwww. :eeklaugh:
**cass chaecks original post**

complimentary? I suppose the lotion would soak in and be benefical and the oil just feels good. Very complimentary.
How about "olive" oil? ummm why do you ask?
Did I say short answer?
have fun:wave:

Re: I've just used the last of my favourite, I hope they still produce it

Thanks to everyone for resonding!! :D

the only place that i know that sells them is Bath & Body works, but I only like the kind that puts you to sleep. :yawn: Where else should I look (Cass you mentioned the sandalwood/orange one).

cass said:
Short answer love?
OIL
almond base, play with the fragrances.

complimentary? I suppose the lotion would soak in and be benefical and the oil just feels good. Very complimentary.
How about "olive" oil? ummm why do you ask?
Did I say short answer?
have fun:wave:

:D thanks! olive oil :sexywink:

I ask because i lost a bet and owe someone a massage but its ok- i've a feeling i'll enjoy it! :p

thx! :yes:

Bath & Body works has a really good Massage lotions. I like that the best. It is not messy like oil can be and it eventually absorbes into the skin like lotion but just not right away.

I was going to say lotion so you do not hqave to wash it off like oil.

I would take ANY massage however using any ingredients possible, which brings up a curious dilemma I always find myself in:

I do not like to get massages from men as I simply do not like it when another man puts his hands on me (the first to call me a homophobe will get their ass kicked, simply untrue), I just prefer the touch of a woman.

Now the problem is this, a woman (from experience I have had) massuese typically gives a much lighter massage, and I think it is rude to ask for her to do it harder, thus I find myself asking for 'deep tissue' massages and the like.

I really just want a regular massage given by a woman with very very strong hands...

Thank you for starting this thread olive

As often happens, something here prompted me to take action....and as often happens it has had a good result.

I decided I had best find out if I can still get my fave oil. I was a bit worried the company may have folded. I made a couple of phone calls and ended up speaking to the man himself(at some length) who makes the orange blossom oil I love so much. For the record it's made by Spectrum it's their Tao range and the orange one is called "Ease and Receptivity" I thought the old guy was going to put a bottle in his car and drive it down here. He was a cool old dude. So , soon, I should have a new bottle...YAY!!!

Ouizy, I understand exactly what you mean. I'm not that fond of anyone touching me, male or female. A lot of my friends are massage therapists and natural healers. i am sometimes given vouchers for free treatment as a gift. I haven't collected on any of them. When i can get over my hangup and let someone near, I usually enjoy/benefit from it....so it's a shame to be like that really. But how 'tis.
I am currently helping fund-raise for a young surfing friend(she can go to WA for the National Junior titles but she needs $$$) We have a raffle going - holiday accomodtaion prize, 3rd prize is a remedial massage....I have had a couple of people, including myself say, ewww, we don't want 3rd prize.
So you are not alone.

Anyway, the upshot, I know where to get my theraputic oils from now. I like it when things like that happen.

Funny thing, a hat like the one ouizy is wearing today made me laugh the other day, I'll refrain from telling the tale, but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhha ha ha ha ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom