What U2 traits have you taken on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Since we're all obsessive enough about this band to float on a message board all day, I'm sure many of us have knowingly or unknowingly taken on a few characteristics of Bono, Edge, Larry & Adam. What are yours?

Here are a few of mine:

1. Edge got me to learn guitar.
2. I've adopted Bono's dark-purple-shirt-unbuttoned-with-a-suit look. :wink:
3. I've gotten really into Africa stuff (and, as I'll graduate med school in a month, I've been thinking about international medicine..)
4. I have an Edge beanie..:reject:

P.S. - Mods, I figured ZC was the best place to put this, as it doesn't quite fit in EYKIW and there's a "no-U2" decree in Lemonade Stand. But, move it if it's appropriate! :wave:

Not a characteristic, but...when I was in middle school, my parents bought me a pair of boots that looked so similar to some boots I'd seen Bono wearing. I felt so darn cool. The soles were a bit slippery though...and one day in the cafeteria, I slipped, dropped my tray, and fell on my butt in mashed potatoes. I got a standing ovation. :reject: Stupid boots. :mad: :laugh:

I wear my favorite U2 shirt a lot, I went to Africa to see what the hell Bono's been blabbering on about...hm, that's about it. :shrug:

I live and breathe U2. Isn't that enough?

I talk endlessly about DATA, the One Campaign. I hand out white One wristbands.

I listen to U2 music all the time.

My house is filled with U2 and I wear my U2 shirts all the time.

I plunk around on guitar because of Edge, altho I can't play it (I wish!)

I am infatuated with everything Irish and am planning a trip to Ireland, because of U2.

Carek1230 said:
I live and breathe U2. Isn't that enough?

I talk endlessly about DATA, the One Campaign. I hand out white One wristbands.

I listen to U2 music all the time.

My house is filled with U2 and I wear my U2 shirts all the time.

I plunk around on guitar because of Edge, altho I can't play it (I wish!)

I am infatuated with everything Irish and am planning a trip to Ireland, because of U2.

WOW....that's amazing! :ohmy:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I wear my favorite U2 shirt a lot, I went to Africa to see what the hell Bono's been blabbering on about...hm, that's about it. :shrug:

and thats about it thats huge!!!!! What an excellent trip!

Lets see, I talk about them and Bono all the time and talk about everyone in the world peacefully coexisting together.....my hubby calls me hippy chick....
:huh:

I find myself trying to promote peace with those that I am around. Really bothers me a lot when I see people going at each other. Oh and I listen to U2 constantly which I have always actually done,lol.

The Edge is probably a big part of the reason I play guitar, and I've tried to write some songs that have somewhat of a U2 sound (yet are original at the same time). When I play the guitar sometimes I do the Edge foot stomp :heart:

I do Bono's hand gestures! It's totally unconscious but my friend pointed it out to me once... "oh my god you looked just like bono when you did that, i was watching TV and he was talking and he moves his hands this certain way when he talks and you did the exact same thing!!" :huh: my friends make fun of my hand gestures :grumpy:

I dress sort of like Bono sometimes.

This is really bad - sometimes when I'm trying to explain something I slip into an irish accent and say "em" a lot :reject: :lmao: it just sounds better than "uh," okay?!

i play guitar because of the edge (hey thats new huh :shrug: )

i got myself an explorer :rockon:

i bought a pair of shoes because Edge had 'em (and they looked damn cool)

i tore the bottom of my jeans because the Edge did :cool:

i almost bought a bedazzler :shifty:

i have 2 pairs of Bono's D&G shades (different colours)

in front of an audience i don't intentionally do this but i always speak a little bit funny like Bono does -- stressing different words and pausing at funny times and things like that :shrug:

i have tried to play bass kind of like adam (the style and such...)

the song ive been writing definitely has some U2-esqueness to it

all my friends make fun of me and such because they know im obsessed with U2...lol

yeah thats about it...i have become more, i dunno, sympathetic to the stuff that bono preaches about (AIDS, poverty, etc)

I have several pair of Bono-esque sunglasses.

I've heard Bono say that Edge was a scientist. I've always wanted to be a scientist, but this made me want to do it even more. (I'm a biochem major).

I've been wearing a lot of black lately, which U2 tends to do.

Hmm...

1. I do the Bono-sleeve thing... not so much 'cos Bono does it, it's quite comforting
2. I have a few items of clothing that are Bono-like and I wear elevated boots
3. I say "y'know" quite alot (Bono does sometimes)
4. I suppose I have Pop-Bono hair
5. I started playing bass 'cos of Adam and now i'm in a band

Wow... listing all these make me sound like a Bono clone :huh: :wink:

I suppose i can identify with each of the band members but it's U2 as a whole that's most important to me, not any specific member

We got Bono sleeves; we got Edge-ish pants; we got too-thick shoes..
(Oh yeh, too much coffee, have I had!)
Ahem.

I would have to say idealism, for me. I know maybe it sounds silly, but it's true. My senior year of high school I had a really bad breakup/falling out with a guy that I thought I really loved (we'd known each other since fifth grade, and I was convinced we were "meant for each other," going to get married and all that rubbish :rolleyes: ), and as a result I became quite cynical about everything - life, love, you name it, I didn't have faith in it. Then I watched Live 8, and the whole concept behind it kind of appealed to me. After the event I was listening to interviews with various artists (okay, just Macca & Bono), and I have to admit, I just did it to listen to their lovely accents at first. :reject: But some of the things Bono said really struck a chord with me. "We can't fix everything, but what we can, we must. And that's what we're going to do." I don't know if that's the exact quote, word for word, but it's pretty close, and what I remember most is the spirit behind those words. "And that's what we're going to do." That phrase was definitely a turning point for me. When I heard that, it kind of made me stop and think - here I was, a cynical 19-year-old who's led a sheltered life, bitching and moaning about love and all, and here was this man who had twenty-some-odd years on me and yet still fully believed in making a positive difference in the world. I was practically in awe, and, as cheesy as it might sound, I think that was a life-changing moment for me. I realized that I didn't have to be bitter and cynical about everything, and that if Bono could help save the world, then dammit, so could I! :wink: It was a pretty great feeling, and I think I'll remember that interview and the way it opened my eyes for the rest of my life. I can't even really explain it in words, but I think that's the most prominent "U2 trait" I've taken on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom