what u2 song really means something to you..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emeraldscorpio

The Fly
and why? i mean like a line in a song that just gets to you right here>:heart:?

miracle drug for me. it reminds me of leading up to christmas with my wife and her sons, knowing something just wasn't right. i went on a drive around Tampa and listened to this song as I looked at all the Christmas lights and prayed for a Christmas miracle that everything would be alright.

Walk On. Don't know why, but it always sounds great to me. It's my pickup song, there's been many times where I'm not in a good mood, and when I put this song on I feel much better.

I have a couple U2 songs that are incredibly personal for me, and to indicate how personal I can't even list them here (not being sarcastic...they're that personal, for very personal reasons).

and why? i mean like a line in a song that just gets to you right here>:heart:?

miracle drug for me. it reminds me of leading up to christmas with my wife and her sons, knowing something just wasn't right. i went on a drive around Tampa and listened to this song as I looked at all the Christmas lights and prayed for a Christmas miracle that everything would be alright.

So was everything alright? (BTW, I lived in both Tampa and Edinburgh for years).

I could list an infinity of songs here but Stuck In A Moment is special for me. It's far from my top 10 or something like this but it has some magical properties and every time I turn it on while feeling down it really helps.

schnumi :hug: :hug: :hug:

There are many U2 songs that mean an awful lot to me personally, but if I should pick two, which is difficult enough, let alone only one song - I guess it would be "One Tree Hill" and "Tomorrow", mainly because they remind me of the personal loss I experienced when I was still young.

schnumi :hug: :hug: :hug:

There are many U2 songs that mean an awful lot to me personally, but if I should pick two, which is difficult enough, let alone only one song - I guess it would be "One Tree Hill" and "Tomorrow", mainly because they remind me of the personal loss I experienced when I was still young.

One Tree Hill is heart-breakingly gorgeous.

Miracle Drug for me as well. Because I hope one day they'll find one for cancer. It has taken far too many family members already.

Sorry to hear that...but glad you pulled through.

Just curious...how do you like Tampa?

I don't live there anymore unfortunately. I came home back to Scotland may 08. but I absolutely loved the place and the people. I went there as a daft boy and came back a man. it the place i consider home and i hope one day to go back. I am about to watch my Bucs as they are live on the tv here.:D I had never lived in a city before. just to have everything on or close to your block was just outstanding. loved it.

I don't live there anymore unfortunately. I came home back to Scotland may 08. but I absolutely loved the place and the people. I went there as a daft boy and came back a man. it the place i consider home and i hope one day to go back. I am about to watch my Bucs as they are live on the tv here.:D I had never lived in a city before. just to have everything on or close to your block was just outstanding. loved it.

Funny...I really didn't care for my time in Tampa, but loved my time in Edinburgh. Life is strange...but we agree on one thing, I love the Bucs & they're my team...getting ready to watch (online) now! Hopefully it will be better than last week (ouch).

And I'm going to the game in London next week!

Funny...I really didn't care for my time in Tampa, but loved my time in Edinburgh. Life is strange...but we agree on one thing, I love the Bucs & they're my team...getting ready to watch (online) now! Hopefully it will be better than last week (ouch).

And I'm going to the game in London next week!

well i lived in Tampa for 7 years, and its all i've really known. what part of tampa did you live in? i worked at rocky point for years, just off the causeway.

Stuck In A Moment really meant something earlier this year. My family and I really went through a lot and those lines "It's just a moment, this time will pass" really hit hard. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) hasn't meant anything personally but it always has meant something special to me. I don't know what it is but the chorus has this unique power behind it that can really make me emotional.

City of Blinding Lights, because it touches something in me that I don't think any other song touches, not even Streets... well, maybe a few other songs do that, but City of Blinding Lights is one special song.

One Tree Hill, because it's my favorite song and I will always love it.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses... I don't know why but it moves me and helps me when I feel depressed...

Original of the Species, for the same reasons as above.

City of Blinding Lights, Streets, Ultraviolet = always bring me up during rough times.

Kite = I frequently listened to it when my aunt passed away last year, even if her passing was expected to happen.

Stay (Faraway, So Close!), If God Will Send His Angels, The First Time, When I Look At The World = make me reflect on the past.

City of Blinding Lights, because it touches something in me that I don't think any other song touches, not even Streets... well, maybe a few other songs do that, but City of Blinding Lights is one special song.

It's funny that I didn't appreciate City of Blinding Lights until I heard it live. I still don't like it now unless I'm at the show and going through the motions with an audience.

The song that hits me emotionally is Electrical Storm, always. That song just moves me like no other.

Kite, played at my little sisters funeral in 2007. Only 19 years old...

Fucking hell, I'm so sorry.

I haven't faced anything that heartbreaking, so my associations are all stupid adolescent stuff, but U2 songs gain meaning for me all the time, which is why I still love the band. Forgive the pretension, but Achtung Baby is an album for grown-ups, and I still find myself saying "oh, damn, yeah...I get that" years on to songs like Ultraviolet and TTTYAATW where the lines would glide right past me before.

Beautiful Day is constantly the only song in my life that has forever been there. I dunno how to explain it, but it's my lil anthem. iPod, sunglasses, Beautiful Day. I've tuned out the world's ability to get to me without shutting myself down.

Kite lyrically matches me.

So I guess those two.

at the minute, I love listening to Stuck In A Moment, because sometimes I feel like nothing is going to get better, everything seems to have just fallen apart (Im sure you ALL have had a days or a run of days like that), so when I hear this song, and certainly the ending 'its just a moment, this time will pass' - makes me try to be more positive that something will change and make me strong again. Its a song that reaches its hand out to me to help me up again, really.

:)

But other uplifting songs are Beautiful Day, Walk On, City of Blinding is a huge definate, Magnificent and IGWSHA.

Wow!:hmm: what a good thread.

This is a hard one. Recently Love Rescue Me has been one that rings true to me. I've been struggling to balance work, school and being a father to three kids and the emotion and lyrics of the song seem to be part of my lifeline.

Many of the other songs mentioned here: COBL, BD, Kite, WO, SIAMYCGOO, SFASC are all ones that speak to me as well. That is what makes U2 such an awesome band; they have songs that speak to me differently than they speak to other people and songs like If God Would Send His Angels means something different to me now than it did 13 years ago when I first heard it.

Back
Top Bottom