Wankie, Zimbabwe Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I know nothing about either, I guess I'll go with ... the Hawks. :shrug:

Hmm, I need to convert you to our game somehow. :hmm: For one thing, it's influenced by Aboriginal sports, so it's not a totally European game, making it unique to Australia. Not only that, but it's fast paced, exciting and although some rules have become pissier over the past few years, it's still madly hardcore.

As for the game tomorrow ...

I expect the Cats to win. I mean, sure, Hawthorn were the more impressive team in the preliminary finals last weekend and played a much more convincing game, but let's be honest, the Cats are going to turn it on for the final. I'm just hoping the Hawks stay in touch rather than getting rolled like Port did last year.

But I'll be going for the Hawks. Hell, everybody I know's going for the Hawks!

As for the game tomorrow ...

I expect the Cats to win. I mean, sure, Hawthorn were the more impressive team in the preliminary finals last weekend and played a much more convincing game, but let's be honest, the Cats are going to turn it on for the final. I'm just hoping the Hawks stay in touch rather than getting rolled like Port did last year.

But I'll be going for the Hawks. Hell, everybody I know's going for the Hawks!

I'm going for the Cats. :wink:

The Hawks are nasty buggers! Whereas the Cats, despite their great successes, have shown no real ego over the past couple of seasons.

Still, if the Hawks won, I wouldn't be too upset.

Hmm, I need to convert you to our game somehow. :hmm: For one thing, it's influenced by Aboriginal sports, so it's not a totally European game, making it unique to Australia. Not only that, but it's fast paced, exciting and although some rules have become pissier over the past few years, it's still madly hardcore.

Yeah, I definitely need to learn.

I'm going for the Cats. :wink:

The Hawks are nasty buggers! Whereas the Cats, despite their great successes, have shown no real ego over the past couple of seasons.

Still, if the Hawks won, I wouldn't be too upset.

The only reason the Cats haven't shown any real ego is because they're fucking GEELONG. That's not something to be proud of. You've got to always have some shame lurking there if you're Geelong.

The Hawks won me over with their Welllingtontastic colours. Plus, it'd be boring if the Cats establish some continued lengthy dominance. Though I recognise that's a double-edged sword; if the Hawks win this year and then the next two years, it'd be better from a "well that got boring" perspective for the Cats to win this year!

So, right now, I'm listening to an album called Woodsmoke by a Norwegian band called Nest. It's neofolk. It's like ... Bass Trap, on folk, from within the Arctic Circle. This is stunningly beautiful. Seriously, it's just like if Bass Trap evolved into a whole album. The guitar is so beautifully crisp.

You'd never think I got into this thanks to metal. But Agalloch have a neofolk side and they did a split EP with Nest.

/random-music-blather

Back...

Life is fucking short... After dinner we got a phonecall.. one of my parent's friends who always comes around at birthdays, and who has a really nice dog we have babysitted for summer in the past has collapsed at the tennis court. Dead.

Back...

Life is fucking short... After dinner we got a phonecall.. one of my parent's friends who always comes around at birthdays, and who has a really nice dog we have babysitted for summer in the past has collapsed at the tennis court. Dead.
:( I'm sorry. :hug:

Seems like I killed the thread.. :( I didn't mean to..

I'm sorry for my sister much more, because she knew her much better than I did. I only used to dogsit there, but the lady was the mother of one of my sis's closer friends.. Her boyfriend called us for my sis's cell no, so we expect her to call my mom somewhere soon.
She was only 50 years old... that makes no fucking sense, not even when she was a smoker and loved wine. It just makes no sense

Gotta love how my cat jumped in my lap now to cuddle tho, I fucking love that about animals. Somehow they understand me craploads more than humans do!

phone's ringing, that'll be my sister. I'll let my mom take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom