Vote for your favourite version of Electrical Storm + original BBC version is better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which version is better?

• BBC radio 1 demo

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • 'normal' radio version

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • William Orbit Mix

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
ES's original BBC version is better!!

Why did they have to make that William Orbit mix or whatever? I love that original BBC Radio One's version. It's louder, rocks more and the way the tune changes towards the end is so much better. Why do they have to keep making a zillion remixes anyway. I hate remixes unless they're really well done like the David Morales mix of Discotheque. The new Best Of I noticed is full of remixes! :mad:

I felt the same way... at first

As I listen to them more I actualy like the orbit mix the best. The one from the BBC sounds too "old" like its from the Boy album.

I agree that the BBC version is much better. The main thing I do not like about the Orbit Mix, is that during the part where Bono sings "In my mind, all of the time, I know it's not enough", that it's too weak right there. On the BBC version it had that driving guitar riff right there, and it was awesome. The Orbit Mix just has an acoustic guitar right there, and it loses the effect. The first time I saw the video, I was mad b/c they used that version. I'll be honest, I think that the Orbit Mix really sucks. I can respect it as a remix, but to hear it on MTV and on the radio is really not good. I have never liked hardly any of U2's remixes, and this just adds to it. I hope that live, they play the real version of this song.

Orbit mix is the best. BBC version is the worst.. hardly any build, uninteresting rhythm guitar. It does have a killer riff that is absent from any of the either versions though. That's why I made a remix that uses that wicked chorus riff in the regular radio version.

Vote for your favourite version of Electrical Storm

Now that most of us know which version is which and have heard all of them, let's see what people think. Please don't vote if you haven't heard all of them. And I didn't include the version on Angel's radio station cause I don't think many others have heard it ;)

voted for the original bbc radio 1 demo, it seemed the most U2-ey and a combination of both Orbit and Rock Radio mix. I personally liked the version that was just played out of one speaker or whatever where it sounds like all you hear is The Edge's echoey guitar at the beginning. Too bad that wasnt a real version! :-(

I prefer the BBC Radio 1 version, justy sounds more REAL, less overproduction (although U2 has always been very very produced, at least since UF), the Radio 1 has a more organic feel. ALSO, the riff you mentioned SKeek is almost the 2nd biggest reason I like it. So where's this remix at??? Maybe you can upload it to my Yahoo Briefcase? Is it a good quality mp3? I wanna hear!

I voted for normal radio mix but the one I like best is the XRT one not sure if thats the same as the one i voted for! I personally think the William Orbit mix, although nice sounding is too weak and wimpy at the beginning of the song whereas the XRT mix rocks more! The annoying thing is it seems to be the Orbit mix that is on the video and being played on the radio. The feedback I have got back from mates is its alright but not the best thing they have done or just downright don't like it. I feel if the rockier version was played more it might of got a better outcome from my mates!

I thought there were only 2 versions, the WO mix and the BBC Radio One version. What's this radio version that's been included in the poll? And did one of the administrators turn my question into a poll?
The BBC version rocks more, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom