Vertigo Video: best moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
grab good quality video from here: http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=138361FD547F52D6AA48536BA70097AF

I just love it when Bono looks up to the heavens and says "I can feel your love teaching me!", it really makes the video worth it for me

of course the hell part of the song is cool too with Bono's MacPhisto smile

when Bono hits his head with his finger while saying "the night is full of holes" is also pretty cool

what are your favourite parts of the video?

by the way: from the version that queen bee posted seems like the lip synch is okay.. i think the versions on AOL/vh1/much just had their audio off a little bit

Last edited:
I've only watched the video once because I don't care for it much. :reject:

Mayhaps it will grow on me...though I guess I better start watching it more if that's gonna happen. :laugh:

The power outage. They fucking better do that live, and knock the house lights down like they did on Elevation.

my fav part is the spining rings around the target, and of course the whole bridge....:mac:

My favourite part is after the power outage when the camera zooms past Bono's head as he's kneeling singing 'We're at a place called Vertigo!' I get a chill down my spine when that happens!

... adam almost falling on the break ("power outage").
they helped the special fx personal acting.

I love the part right before and including Edge's riff/solo (more a riff than a solo, but anyway). Everything gets a bit crazy at that point. :D

Wow, you guys have really seen this alot. I've seen it once on trl and once online.. The link I tried to download cut's out after about an hour or so. It get's close to being finished then, it just quits.
*Guess it must be running hot, as in hot U2 download,
wanker computer*

Correction: I have seen it several times on VH1

Last edited:
Definitely the "power outtage" bit, because it wasn't in the version of Vertigo that's been playing on the radio. It was every bit as cool as I imagined it would be!

As far as visuals, I really don't know. There was so much going on that it's all kind of a blur.

Love the bridge when they descend into darkness. :up:

I love the power outage part, the edit that Herco made for us when he edited it into the radio version, I only listen to that version now. I hope they have it like this on the album.

bcrt2000 said:
grab good quality video from here: http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=138361FD547F52D6AA48536BA70097AF

I just love it when Bono looks up to the heavens and says "I can feel your love teaching me!", it really makes the video worth it for me

of course the hell part of the song is cool too with Bono's MacPhisto smile

when Bono hits his head with his finger while saying "the night is full of holes" is also pretty cool

what are your favourite parts of the video?

by the way: from the version that queen bee posted seems like the lip synch is okay.. i think the versions on AOL/vh1/much just had their audio off a little bit

THANKS for the active link!!

RobVox

It seems like everyone likes the decent into the abyss. I too, love it! It really puts a story to the song rather than just having meaningless cool effects.

You know, this song is really catching on now! It is already on high rotation on MuchMusic (canadian mtv). Everyone who I talk to just loves the video.

Oh yeah and this video is amazing.

It seems larger than life with so much stuff going on. Awesome. Awesome.

Imagine if they make the seats rise in the concert to put them in the "abyss". Ahh if only...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

BrownEyedBoy said:

Why is it biblical?

that how it comes off to me, at least.
the band descending down during that verse, the power surge and the ultra-slow down of his vocal "hurt" sounds satanic almost.

as quoted elsewhere in the forum:

All of this, all of this can be yours
Just give me what I want
And no one gets hurt

bears resemblence thematically to the following verses in the Bible:

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the
world and their splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

-I love the little thing Bono does right before he says "play rock and roll", that little shake of the hips...
-When Bono is walking forward as he's singing "I cant stand the beat..."
-And who doesn't love the "jesus round her neck" part where he pulls his shirt to the side?
-And of course I love the abyss and the power outage when Bono drops to his knees.
-Then during the chorus when they show the shot of him still on his knees...
-When he looks up to the sky to sing "Your love is teaching me how.."
-And at the end of the last chorus with Bono on his knees and the camera sweeps from one side to the other, before the yeah yeah's.
Haha, and I just noticed that Adam does almost fall down during the outage!

Am I making sense?

macphistofreak, your fav parts of the video are based entirely on Bono - you're a girl after my own heart :D (I'm assuming you're a girl...)

the Jesus 'round her neck part. Bono begins the de-shirting process. Unfortunatley the process isn't finished in the video...perhaps in Making the Video? :hmm:

AtomicBono said:
macphistofreak, your fav parts of the video are based entirely on Bono - you're a girl after my own heart :D (I'm assuming you're a girl...)

the Jesus 'round her neck part. Bono begins the de-shirting process. Unfortunatley the process isn't finished in the video...perhaps in Making the Video? :hmm:

Oooooo, it better be finished in Making the Video. I was so pissed when the video came out and Bono was fully clothed.

victor_f said:
... adam almost falling on the break ("power outage").
they helped the special fx personal acting.

Hehe, yeah, another vote for that. Looks like he was almost taking a bow with the bass guitar, but dipped too far.

Back
Top Bottom