Vertigo played!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll feel more that way once the single is out of the way. After a week of constant playing I'll be chewing at the bit for new album info!

I think it's about finding salvation and hope in someone else in a time of uncertainty. "A place called Vertigo" = an uncertain world and "I can feel your love teaching me" = your lover being your guiding light through the fog. Similar to Beautiful Day being a song about redemption i guess.

I like the lyric 'all of this can be yours/just give me what I want and no one gets hurt' reminds me of AB.

Last edited:
Lo-Fi said:
I like the lyric 'all of this can be yours/just give me what I want and no one gets hurt' reminds me of AB.

When I read that line first, it seemed to be a reference to whats going on in the world at moment, esp. iraq, middle east etc. (considering current hostage crisis etc, it seems quite apt unfortunately)

how do people have the lyrics???
have you heard the tune???
has it been confirmed begium played it?
where the hell is the mp3???

:crazy:

I'm liking "they know they can't dance - at least they know"

Need new single NOW!

turn me up captain? Such a excellent catch phrase - Even if it is not used I feel that I will be adding it to my everyday use

One things for sure, now that the information is on this forum, if they did play it, they won't play it again until tomorrow...

The night is full of holes
There's bullets ripping sky of ink with gold
They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll
They know that they can’t dance - at least they know

:hyper: Love it!

Only a few more hours!

This waiting time actually reminds of the athmosphere at U2 concerts. - the music that is played when all the crew is putting tape all over the stage floor is something i always remember clearly. I´m sitting here listening to the radio, and if Jackie Wilson´s "Your love, lifting me higher" was to be played on the radio it would just be perfect.

pulle28 said:
This waiting time actually reminds of the athmosphere at U2 concerts. - the music that is played when all the crew is putting tape all over the stage floor is something i always remember clearly. I´m sitting here listening to the radio, and if Jackie Wilson´s "Your love, lifting me higher" was to be played on the radio it would just be perfect.

Have always found the wait for new U2 album quite surreal - esp now that it is so close - its a bit like waiting for Christmas day as a kid - all those new toys to play with!

Of course, with music, and esp. U2, you know its like getting a new soundtrack to your life, so the wait is always a wee bit more apprehensive as you know whatever songs/sounds are released by U2, they are going to play a prominant part of your life from now on

pulle28 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean! we've still got another 2 - 3.5 hours to wait though when we can get to hear it on Dave Flanning, so it's more like waiting for the support band to come on!

what's the deal with spanish couting intro?? I believe that the counting is a nod to the Ramones who did that for every song they played....but why espanol?:scratch:

Numb1075 said:
what's the deal with spanish couting intro?? I believe that the counting is a nod to the Ramones who did that for every song they played....but why espanol?:scratch:

Maybe it's just translated wrong?

Or has anyone seen the M$H documentary with Bono doing "I Am An Anarchist" in Spanish? Or a bad Mexican accent anyway. Maybe that's what he's doing again? :shrug:

I agree Partyboy - though agreeing with you makes me think of partyboy from Jackass. I never thought I would have to agree with that character.
And Lo-Fi - it´s true it´s more like support band time. Let´s hope the next tour can manage as impressive a support lineup as zooropa: stereo mc´s, pearl jam, Velvet underground etc....

I think Bono does say the intro in Spanish (at least that's what my friend told me over a week ago--that was part he remembered about the song). If it is uno, dos, tres, catorce, I will be able to confirm 100% that the song was played in Phoenix once before the station got in trouble with the label (even though some people here will still be denial about it, who cares :wink:

Only a few more hours

Last edited:
It will be played first in Belgium round
8' o clock in the morning at Studio Brussels...
So this is probably a publicity stunt for that radio...
Can't listen to radio 'cause at work
Greetz

pulle28 said:
I agree Partyboy - though agreeing with you makes me think of partyboy from Jackass. I never thought I would have to agree with that character.
And Lo-Fi - it´s true it´s more like support band time. Let´s hope the next tour can manage as impressive a support lineup as zooropa: stereo mc´s, pearl jam, Velvet underground etc....

Man, that'd be sweet, the only support act I enjoyed on the Elevation Tour was PJ Harvey, I was exposed to Kelis and Cosmic Rough Riders (or something like that) at the other shows I was at and they weren't really suitable as warm up acts to U2. Hopefully it'll be someone who's decent.

Where are those Belgians with our mp3?!

martha said:
So there's no real confirmation that this was played in Belgium, is there?

Well, short of having someone from Belgium online saying they heard it, guess not...

I never know what to believe... if it is a windup, why pick Belgium...! As its so close to official release, its not too difficult to believe that it could have been played

Back
Top Bottom