US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody get Uncle Joe a lozenge.

Donnie must be fuming at that speech. Basically called him out for being a clown in front of the nation.

Karma is a biotch. Hillary called for the Electoral College to be abolished. I agree., especially since Trump could have been elected by the EC again while losing the popular vote.

Hillary-Clinton-casts-electoral-vote.jpg

:shocked:

(CNN)Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that following the electors meeting on Monday, "as of this morning, our country officially has a President-elect and a vice president-elect."

"The electoral college has spoken," he said from the Senate floor in the US Capitol, adding, "Today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden."

LOL the newest Facebook theory by the Maga is that Spence can somehow reverse the results on January 6th. So worried!!1!1!

That would be a pretty major constitutional loophole if the outgoing VP could just pick the next president. Pretty sure someone would have tried to exploit that before.

Suggestion to MAGAs: If you want to get rid of a president you don’t like, find some scandalous behavior, appoint a special prosecutor, and have him impeached. Good luck.

Unbelievable. Wasting time on this and doing nothing about covid relief. Ken Starr never met a camera that he didn't love.

(CNN)One day after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said plainly that Joe Biden was the President-elect, Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is holding a controversial hearing Wednesday to probe the 2020 election.

Johnson, who chairs the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, has invited two Trump campaign lawyers who tried to overturn the election results in Nevada and Wisconsin and a Republican Pennsylvania state representative, as well as former independent counsel Kenneth Starr, who was part of President Donald Trump's impeachment defense.

Christopher Krebs, the former top administration official for cybersecurity who was fired by Trump for saying there wasn't widespread fraud in the election, is testifying as the Democratic witness.

Lol, completely predictable

After Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., finally acknowledged on Tuesday that Joe Biden is the president-elect, President Donald Trump publicly pleaded with him to support his continued efforts to upend the election with baseless claims of mass electoral fraud.

“Mitch, 75,000,000 VOTES, a record for a sitting President (by a lot). Too soon to give up,” the president tweeted at nearly 1 a.m. Wednesday. “Republican Party must finally learn to fight. People are angry!”

Shut up already, Trump, Jesus Christ.

Somebody needs to sing a certain song from Frozen to him.

Unbelievable. Wasting time on this and doing nothing about covid relief. Ken Starr never met a camera that he didn't love.

(CNN)One day after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said plainly that Joe Biden was the President-elect, Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is holding a controversial hearing Wednesday to probe the 2020 election.

Johnson, who chairs the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, has invited two Trump campaign lawyers who tried to overturn the election results in Nevada and Wisconsin and a Republican Pennsylvania state representative, as well as former independent counsel Kenneth Starr, who was part of President Donald Trump's impeachment defense.

Christopher Krebs, the former top administration official for cybersecurity who was fired by Trump for saying there wasn't widespread fraud in the election, is testifying as the Democratic witness.

Ken Starr sure does love being on the wrong side of history, doesn't he?

So relieved that he's focused on the important matters. So caring about the American people and what is keeping us awake at night these days.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has relaxed a regulation restricting water flow from showerheads, a pet peeve of President Donald Trump, who complained that he wanted more water to make his hair “perfect.”

Since 1992, federal law has dictated that showerheads shouldn’t spew more than 2.5 gallons (9.5 liters) of water a minute. As newer shower fixtures came out with multiple nozzles, the Obama administration updated the ruling, stating that 2.5 gallons was still the limit regardless of how many nozzles were running. The new ruling, issued on Tuesday, now says each showerhead can emit 2.5 gallons a minute.

“So showerheads — you take a shower, the water doesn’t come out,” Trump said last summer. “You want to wash your hands? The water doesn’t come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair — I don’t know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect.”

But remember, everyone, Hillary was supposed to be the big national security threat to our country!

Good fucking lord, what a mess. And whether this administration knew about it or not (and knowing Trump and his Russian ties, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's the former option), I truly don't know which option would be worse.

Either way, there's a whole bunch of people who have a hell of a lot to answer for.

I hope your dog will be okay, BEAL.

Thanks. I do too. He’s got so many issues and it really has cut into my personal life. Disc disease which causes lots of pain and then it’s bed rest, and currently May have had some allergic reaction to a treat and getting loads of intestinal work done. He’s only 4 1/2 haha. He once jumped into a fire pit ha

But a sweetheart and hopefully we survive this crazy world a long time

62926091795__12F275B1-B121-4366-B2EB-4A8B486AD5C7.JPG

Politico.com

By TINA NGUYEN

12/18/2020 04:30 AM EST

An 1807 law invoked only in the most violent circumstances is now a rallying cry for the MAGA-ites most committed to the fantasy that Donald Trump will never leave office.

The law, the Insurrection Act, allows the president to deploy troops to suppress domestic uprisings — not to overturn elections.

But that hasn’t stopped the act from becoming a buzzword and cure-all for prominent MAGA figures like Sidney Powell and Lin Wood, two prominent pro-Trump attorneys leading efforts to overturn the 2020 election, and even one North Carolina state lawmaker. Others like Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser who was recently pardoned for lying to the FBI, have made adjacent calls for Trump to impose martial law. The ideas have circulated in pro-Trump outlets and were being discussed over the weekend among the thousands of MAGA protesters who descended on state capitols and the Supreme Court to falsely claim Trump had won the election.

At its core, the Insurrection Act gives the president authority to send military and National Guard troops to quell local rebellions and violence, offering an exemption to prohibitions against using military personnel to enforce domestic laws. Historically, it has been used in moments of extreme national strife — the Civil War, the rise of the Ku Klux Klan, violent labor disputes, desegregation battles, rioting following Martin Luther King Jr.’s death.

Only once, however, has it been used in the wake of an election — and that was to stop a literal militia from seizing the Louisiana government on behalf of John McEnery, a former Confederate officer who had lost the 1872 governor’s race.

Nonetheless, in the minds of some authoritarian-leaning and conspiracy-minded Trump supporters, the Insurrection Act has become a needed step to prevent President-elect Joe Biden from assuming the presidency. Their evidence-deficient reasoning: Democrats illegally rigged the election and are attempting a coup, and Trump must send in the troops to undo this conspiracy.

It’s definitely one of my main concerns in the next month or even years.

MAGA terrorism
Russia shutting down our Infrastructure
Economic depression / widening gap between haves and have nots
Climate
Another pandemic

Reportedly a meeting was held in the WH last Friday that included talk from Flynn and Trump about invoking martial law to redo the election in battleground states.

It's absolute insanity. The fact that this is even being suggested by the "president" should be grounds for let's just say early dismissal. Add to that a raging pandemic that he doesn't give a damn about, economic disaster that he doesn't give a damn about, Russian hacking that he doesn't give a damn about.

Plus just not even doing his actual job. Anything else?

I love you Mittens (not really of course)

Donald Trump’s flirtation with declaring martial law in battleground states and appointing a conspiracy theorist as special counsel to help his attempt to overturn defeat by Joe Biden are “really sad” and “nutty and loopy”, Mitt Romney said on Sunday.

“He’s leaving Washington with a whole series of conspiracy theories and things that are so nutty and loopy that people are shaking their head wondering what in the world has gotten into this man,” the Utah Republican senator said.

I love you Mittens (not really of course)

Donald Trump’s flirtation with declaring martial law in battleground states and appointing a conspiracy theorist as special counsel to help his attempt to overturn defeat by Joe Biden are “really sad” and “nutty and loopy”, Mitt Romney said on Sunday.

“He’s leaving Washington with a whole series of conspiracy theories and things that are so nutty and loopy that people are shaking their head wondering what in the world has gotten into this man,” the Utah Republican senator said.

He’s been quite visible lately. I think he’s trying to assume leader of the non-Trump part of what remains of the GOP, and maybe angling for 2024, although he’d be 76-77 ... but so is Biden, so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom