Unforgettable New Tracklisting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visiongfx

Acrobat
This album is a really good album but not as good as it could be. The first half of the album (and bad) are really great but then the 2nd half of the album kinda dwindles down.. and elvis in america? Why ever choose that track for an album....

Heres what i think, and i don't really analyze a whole lot of songs to see exactly where they seem fit. (So order probably is a problem) But i surely think a few b-sides are a ton stronger than some album tracks.

A Sort of A Homecoming
Pride (In the Name Of Love)
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bass Trap
Bad
The Three Sunrises
Promenade
Indian Summer Sky
MLK

Now i havn't heard every b-side from this era.. so correct me if i'm missing something but i feel bass trap + the three sunrises are definetly album material. It could of made this album a whole lot stronger in my opinion...

And elvis presley and america could be released at a b-side we could all laugh at... but its a shame on the album :(

-K

Last edited:
I love the second half, except 4th of July...

Elvis Presley and America is amazing, I love the drumming and vocally love the ending...:drool:

If you leave off "Elvis Presley And America" you are ruining The Unforgettable Fire. Period!!!
It's U2 at they're spontaneous best. Gorgeous track.

Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling on UF would have made, if nothing else, a much more "U2" record. I would have loved to see them on there.

Although the utter disregard for all things conventional on UF make me smile. The track listing and song choice barely make sense, which is f**king awesome.

honestly i don't think Bass Trap is all that great...its a nice song, but its not great :reject:

I used to hate EP and America, but now I love it. Amazing, spontaneous, naive, impressionistic, idealistic U2:drool:

And I believe it was Eno who really pushed for it to be on the album even though the band didn't think it was that great. But that song really does greatly enhance the spirit of UF.

Visiongfx said:

A Sort of A Homecoming
Pride (In the Name Of Love)
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bass Trap
Bad
The Three Sunrises
Promenade
Indian Summer Sky
MLK
-K

I agree with this tracklisting, 100%. It doesn't get any better than that. That's exactly what it should have been. Nice work.

Good tracklisting. I'd like to include Love comes tumbling and Boomerang 2, but not sure where they would go.

Drop that instrumental and the Elvis song and add Three sunrises and Love comes tumbling.

U2girl said:
Drop that instrumental and the Elvis song and add Three sunrises and Love comes tumbling.

Aardvark747 said:
I'd love if Three Sunrises was on it.

The three sunrises is on it. (One of my favorites from this period)

I never heard boomerang..hmm.. Love Comes Tumbling is also good too.

Back
Top Bottom