Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

That's great. What makes it even funnier is that he was standing as a member of the Silly Party... We need more joke political parties here. The scary thing is, they'd probably win heaps of seats.

It'd be hilarious. New Zealand has had the McGillicuddy Serious Party, and I would totally have voted for them had I been old enough to do so in the elections they contested.

From Wikipedia, some of their policies:

The abolition of money: Replacing money with chocolate fish or with sand as legal tender.
Using beer as a National Defence strategy: leaving many bottles of beer on all beaches, so that any invading army would abandon attack and get drunk instead.
Restricting the vote to minors: i.e., ONLY those under 18 years of age could vote. Announced when Parliament lowered the voting age to 18 years. The party ran its 1993 electoral advertisements during children's programming.
Full hedgehog suffrage: After a goat successfully received nomination in a local body election on Waiheke Island, the party unsuccessfully attempted to stand a hedgehog for Parliament, apparently solely in order to make "prick" jokes.
Limiting the speed of light to 100km/h: 50 km/h in Mt Roskill, (Auckland's Bible Belt), because folks there preferred to stay less enlightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGillicuddy_Serious_Party

I love that bunch.

mysterious_jen said:
ohhh lordy a guy from india is sending messgages to me on facebook, should i as if he has heard of the mombai indians?

Yes, although he'd probably then start talking to you about cricket and never stop.

coolian2 said:
Can i be bass?

By which i mean humming in a low tone.

:lol:

Well, it's tr00 black metal. We're meant to claim to have a bassist but for it to be almost entirely inaudible due to the shoddy recording quality.

sand as legal tender :win:

it sounds a bit like the more beer party here, that was actually on th eballot for the refferendum , although you guys would have been too young for that ?

Axver said:

It'd be hilarious. New Zealand has had the McGillicuddy Serious Party, and I would totally have voted for them had I been old enough to do so in the elections they contested.

From Wikipedia, some of their policies:

The abolition of money: Replacing money with chocolate fish or with sand as legal tender.
Using beer as a National Defence strategy: leaving many bottles of beer on all beaches, so that any invading army would abandon attack and get drunk instead.
Restricting the vote to minors: i.e., ONLY those under 18 years of age could vote. Announced when Parliament lowered the voting age to 18 years. The party ran its 1993 electoral advertisements during children's programming.
Full hedgehog suffrage: After a goat successfully received nomination in a local body election on Waiheke Island, the party unsuccessfully attempted to stand a hedgehog for Parliament, apparently solely in order to make "prick" jokes.
Limiting the speed of light to 100km/h: 50 km/h in Mt Roskill, (Auckland's Bible Belt), because folks there preferred to stay less enlightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGillicuddy_Serious_Party

I love that bunch.

Ahh that's great!

I guess we don't have any (that I've heard of) here in Australia because if we did, they'd win the donkey vote, which would probably be about half the population, or at any rate all of Sydney's west, and Melbourne's far west and north.

The demolition of the Auckland CBD
In order to create a giant sundial, using the Sky Tower as the gnomon. Or at other times, to protect the Sky Tower by placing a condom over it.

My favourite McGillicuddy Serious policy.

mysterious_jen said:

it sounds a bit like the more beer party here, that was actually on th eballot for the refferendum , although you guys would have been too young for that ?

There was a more beer party? I must've missed that!

(I voted Labor)

mysterious_jen said:

:lol: I don't think I've heard about that! More Beer Party, that's so Aussie.

Also, I love the Queensland politician Nigel Freemarijuana of the Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party.

yes there was/ is a "more beer" party. i sure beats the shit out of the christian family asshole associaton or whatever they were called. when we had the refferendum to become a republic the numbers on the ballot were massive, must have been 50 parties

Good weather (but only if voters behaved).

Full employment by carpeting the national highways
This would also save wear and tear on vehicle-tyres

These guys have to get something going for the upcoming election.

coolian2 said:
The demolition of the Auckland CBD
In order to create a giant sundial, using the Sky Tower as the gnomon. Or at other times, to protect the Sky Tower by placing a condom over it.

My favourite McGillicuddy Serious policy.

I knew you'd be down with that one.

I love the speed of light one. Take THAT, Mt Roskill!

coolian2 said:
These guys have to get something going for the upcoming election.

The only problem with that is the people likely to vote for the MGSP are people who'd probably vote Labour or Green otherwise, and we need all the non-National voters we can possibly get this time around.

Oh, and this cracked me up:

A potato famine: Prime Minister Jim Bolger's somewhat pock-marked countenance bore an unfortunate resemblance to the common garden potato. Much to his displeasure, he became widely known as "Spud"; the Royal New Zealand Air Force, with a typically Kiwi lack of reverence, christened his Boeing 727 "Spud One".

Axver said:

A potato famine: Prime Minister Jim Bolger's somewhat pock-marked countenance bore an unfortunate resemblance to the common garden potato. Much to his displeasure, he became widely known as "Spud"; the Royal New Zealand Air Force, with a typically Kiwi lack of reverence, christened his Boeing 727 "Spud One".

:lol: That is such a Kiwi / Aussie thing to do!

mysterious_jen said:
yes there was/ is a "more beer" party. i sure beats the shit out of the christian family asshole associaton or whatever they were called. when we had the refferendum to become a republic the numbers on the ballot were massive, must have been 50 parties

:lol: That's classic. I remember the referendum happening, but nothing beyond that. At the time, none of my family were yet Australian citizens and couldn't vote, so it was only a minor issue to us.

My favourite from the last election was Ivan Milat's sister-in-law standing for election with policies including one that rifle owners should not require licences.

major_panic said:

:lol: That is such a Kiwi / Aussie thing to do!

I know! :lol:

Apparently Helen Clark's 757s have acquired the nicknames Broomstick One and Broomstick Two.

Axver said:

The only problem with that is the people likely to vote for the MGSP are people who'd probably vote Labour or Green otherwise, and we need all the non-National voters we can possibly get this time around.

Oh, and this cracked me up:

Exactly, sanity needs all the help it can get this time around. Psst, John Key. You don't decide to abolish a $700 million fund to help agriculture just because you want to differentiate your policies from Labour, nor to keep that money in hand for tax cuts, you cunt (sorry anyone offended, i was just enjoying the alliteration).

I love the potato one.

major_panic said:

There was a more beer party? I must've missed that!

(I voted Labor)

I voted Green. :drool:

I also voted below the line for the Senate AND ENJOYED IT.

Oh, it felt so good to put people like the Liberals and Fundies First waaaayyy down the bottom.

Axver said:

I know! :lol:

Apparently Helen Clark's 757s have acquired the nicknames Broomstick One and Broomstick Two.

I wonder what they call Rudd's... Beijing One?

Even better, I wonder what they called Howard's.

coolian2 said:
Exactly, sanity needs all the help it can get this time around. Psst, John Key. You don't decide to abolish a $700 million fund to help agriculture just because you want to differentiate your policies from Labour, nor to keep that money in hand for tax cuts, you cunt (sorry anyone offended, i was just enjoying the alliteration).

:lol: Key's a twit. I really need to keep up with Kiwi politics more though, since I'm rather out of touch. I can't believe a National victory is looking like a foregone conclusion. It makes me rather sad, really.

Axver said:

I voted Green. :drool:

I also voted below the line for the Senate AND ENJOYED IT.

Oh, it felt so good to put people like the Liberals and Fundies First waaaayyy down the bottom.

Family First Party FOR THE LOSE. "Christian values" my arse, more like forcing their religious beliefs upon the rest of the country...

major_panic said:

I wonder what they call Rudd's... Beijing One?

Even better, I wonder what they called Howard's.

I love how quickly Howard has faded into complete irrelevance, by the way. :drool:

Axver said:

:lol: Key's a twit. I really need to keep up with Kiwi politics more though, since I'm rather out of touch. I can't believe a National victory is looking like a foregone conclusion. It makes me rather sad, really.

Hopefully he keeps fucking up and people will realise it's better to go with the devil you know.

Any National win is going to be a win for greed - greed which won't be rewarded for a huge majority of the population who will never see a tax cut from any National Government.

But this is depressing me.

Y'know, we need more trial by combat.

An Unusual Trial By Combat

In 1380, a trial by combat was said to have been fought in France between a man and a dog. The dog’s master, Montdidier, had been murdered by the Chevalier Maquer. Maquer buried the body and departed. The dog, masterless and hungry, journeyed to Paris and sought out the Chevalier Ardilliers, a friend of his master Montdidier, and led him back to his master’s grave. This loyal dog scratched the dirt covering the grave until Ardilliers dug up the corpse of Montdidier. Later the dog spied Maquer, his master’s killer, and attacked him viciously. The dog renewed his attacks at each encounter with Maquer, soon arousing suspicion since heretofore his nature had been gentle. Friends recalled that Maquer had shown hostility to Montdidier, and reported this situation to the king. The king ordered trial by combat between Maquer and the dog to uncover Maquer’s guilt or innocence.

At combat, Maquer was unable to contain the frenzied attack of the dog, who focused on Maquer’s throat. Maquer, undone by the dog’s fervor and tenacity, confessed to his crime and was duly hanged.

Axver said:

I love how quickly Howard has faded into complete irrelevance, by the way. :drool:

Who?

Last I heard he was making a fool of himself in America (which is pretty hard to do, but he managed).

major_panic said:
Family First Party FOR THE LOSE. "Christian values" my arse, more like forcing their religious beliefs upon the rest of the country...

... not to mention forcing some of the most wooden, poorly acted ads on the rest of the country too! Holy shit, that mob's nuts. I'm still embarrassed that their Senate seat is a Victorian one. Oh well, at least they won't regain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom