*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, 104/7E is the color code for Bordeaux/deep red shades in Bvlgari line.

And, yes, these are 636, which I really like in faded green.:wink:

i have the 636 in clear, purple-these are really nice, i think they fit the face great and a lot more durable then some of the others...perfect for off stage ;)

Thanks Badge and Moon for clearing that up...

So this item 190213180288

$800 for these!?

This has to be a shill bid......(I have a pair of these too :shifty: )

Got my Armani 9285 3YGQ0 today. Wow I am just so happy with shades, they are incredibly comfortable and light. These are probably my favorites now and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I thought they would be too huge for my face which is why I avoided them for so long; but they fit just right.

Now if we could just get those orange and blue ones......:|

fca780 said:

hey kevin, if you got EA9285 green faded, I would gladly buy them from you :) fernando780@yahoo.com (can't email you, I'm not a premium)
still interested to buy them? i sell lots of sunglasses. 549, 9285, 9294... you could email me. kevin__nilsen@hotmail.com. unlucky my clear 519 and 611 have some small cracks so i decide to keep them... i sell my 519 if someone are interested in them. you get them very cheap.

I put a new pair of Mikli 3214 on eBay if anyone's interested. Item number 260231210542. Really don't want sell 'em but you know, bills to pay.....:wink:

Last edited:
just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for, then decided not to sell, now you are putting them on ebay.....maybe im nuts, but this offends me. i dont think any of the other regulars on here would try to make a profit or not give any of us first chance@emif you need the $. i hope you get tons....there will be more miklis

It seems a bit odd to me aswell Badg..

and Kevin, which 519s do you sell? I thought you already sold the ones you ahd... what colour and what price?

Galeongirl said:
It seems a bit odd to me aswell Badg..

and Kevin, which 519s do you sell? I thought you already sold the ones you ahd... what colour and what price?
flash grey... i have one left. 10 euroes... i want to get rid off... remember these have some small cracks.
naycooke: i have them in pink.

thebadger said:
just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for, then decided not to sell, now you are putting them on ebay.....maybe im nuts, but this offends me. i dont think any of the other regulars on here would try to make a profit or not give any of us first chance@emif you need the $. i hope you get tons....there will be more miklis

Listen Badge, you have to get your facts straight.

"just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for"

1. I never, ever, offered them for ANY price. I clearly said for people to email any serious offers. And really did I ask for $600? 'Cause that would be double what I paid :lol:

2. Simply decided that I don't need a second pair.

Seriously they are starting at 99 cents. Don't want them? Please don't bid then and don't worry about it.

Have a nice day.

danondorf said:

Listen Badge, you have to get your facts straight.

"just think that you came on here, offered them to interferencers,-@almost double what you bought them for"

1. I never, ever, offered them for ANY price. I clearly said for people to email any serious offers. And really did I ask for $600? 'Cause that would be double what I paid :lol:

2. Simply decided that I don't need a second pair.

Seriously they are starting at 99 cents. Don't want them? Please don't bid then and don't worry about it.

Have a nice day.

Sorry. Maybe I missed it. When did you say to email you with any serious offers? Wasn't the first notice here one page back where you just posted that you'd listed them on ebay and left the item #?

If you paid $300, I think what Badger was saying is, basically, you've used this site to get attention to your item, when most of us here would give us first crack at them. But it's a moot point anyway, it's already over $450 which is absurd, and will probably go a lot higher, but whatever. Free enterprise and all. Should pay some bills, right?

Re: Mikli fans

danondorf said:
Tortise and brown really aren't my thing (don't get me wrong these are beautiful); so I want to give you fellow B shade freaks a fair shot before I eBay 'em.....

59b6_1.jpg

5bc1_1.jpg

5ac8_1.jpg

Please email me for details and email serious offers to zealyanez@yahoo.com

These are brand-new (new old stock) pair of Mikli 3214, brown lens with gold frame and tortise arms. I'm going to keep the black ones, but these I just might be convinced to let go of.

BTW, I would really prefer a US buyer; keep in mind international buyers will pay the actual shipping cost.

SoundMercury

03-23-2008 06:14 PM

Page 48

soundmercury said:

Sorry. Maybe I missed it. When did you say to email you with any serious offers? Wasn't the first notice here one page back where you just posted that you'd listed them on ebay and left the item #?

Free enterprise and all. Should pay some bills, right?

" When did you say to email you with any serious offers? Wasn't the first notice here one page back where you just posted that you'd listed them on ebay and left the item #? "

Please see above post

Thanks.

Yes, I'm happy.;)

listen, all im saying is you got em, didnt like em, said give me an offer...i offered what you paid+postage, maybe a little more for your time, you were getting higher offers and thats cool-its a free world. if you need the money, do it. but personally, and you can tell me to pound sand up my ass, if i got a pr of glasses , didnt like em, then offered them up on here, i wouldnt profit off of a fellow collector/fan on this site-thats just me, whatever. these things are sometimes tough to come by, helping out fellow fans who would really appreciate and be grateful for that gesture is what im about and so are others on here, thats all i was saying-i hope you get tons of money and it helps you out. no big deal man, im allowed to voice my opinion, you dont have to agree.
this thing just reminded me of scalpers taking advantage of fans-and im sure you dont like that

Last edited:
kevinwall said:

still interested to buy them? i sell lots of sunglasses. 549, 9285, 9294... you could email me. kevin__nilsen@hotmail.com. unlucky my clear 519 and 611 have some small cracks so i decide to keep them... i sell my 519 if someone are interested in them. you get them very cheap.
just sent you an email! excited!!! really want/need them!!

Re; Danodorf's mikli

I don't have any inside knowledge of the email xchange btwn badger and danodorf so there might be more to this than meets the eye

I would say that it seems to me that he hasn't done this before, so it's not a pattern.

Did someone here offer him his fair asking price in an email, and did he turn them down knowing he could get more money on eBay? That would be unethical imo if he did in fact get them from someone here in the first place. If he didn't get them here, I see nothing wrong per se with eBaying them. HOWEVER - as someone who has ostensibly gained from the knowledge and tips of people like us in this thread, he *might* have considered just making a fair asking price public on this thread first and then just selling them, before eBaying them. To me it seems he posted that request for fair offers, and then from subsequent responses realized that to sell them in that manner would likely short him on some profit that could be made on eBay. I find it hard to believe that out of all us crazy BOno glasses freaks there wasn't one offer that would have satisfied the 'serious' (and fair) offer criteria. I personally did not because I've tried them on and don't like how they look on me. But each person to their own. I would say don't expect people here to be very helpful going forward if we think this is going to be a pattern..

I will say though that I disagree with eBay listings which show pictures that, without overtly stating it, seem to indicate that the exact glasses being sold are the exact glasses Bono is wearing in the picture, because they aren't. Danodorf your ad doesn't clearly state that they are LIKE the ones in the photos, so an unsuspecting bidder might conclude that they are the same. Imo you should edit your listing.

My 2 cents for what they're worth.

Last edited:
Miklis are on 450 bucks and it wasn't me :-/ I think it would be easier to ask Bono for a fokin pair of Miklis next week...

So it's been sold. The high bidder really wanted them, and he made an offer for me to end early so nobody else would get them. It floored me :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom