U2tour.de has some rumors on the rehearsed songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Aparrently, these are being rehearsed:

Vertigo, City of blinding lights, I will follow, Miracle drug, Until The End Of The World, Beautiful Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, All Because Of You, Ultra Violet, Running To Standing Still (akustik), Stuck In A Moment (akustik), October, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, New Year's Day, Pride, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Bullet The Blue Sky, All I want Is You, Where The Streets Have No Name, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else, With Or Without You, One, Yahweh.

:up: Running to stand still acoustic!I was hoping that one was coming back

Ultraviolet - Who's gonna ride your wild horses :hyper:

So many rumours flying around ... I just hope the October rumour is true! That's due for a return.

its still too greatest hits like....

we need more album tracks, b sides and underplayed singles e.g. electrical storm, hmtmtmkm, etc

Well, this rumoured setlist comes from that post from yesterday on Zootopia (posted in the Setlist forum here)..

It's from the Irish Times guy who supposed was told by Bono that these are the song they're rehearsing.

I thought this was a new setlist rumour, but the songs are exactly the same.

Looks ok. A little dissapointed ... I was hoping for more songs from the new album. Too many of the standard songs. Could have replaced Still Haven't Found, With Or Without you, One, Pride and New Years day. Not all of them, but some. But still rumours.

But it's gonna be awesome!

I can guarantee you that they'll play Electrical Storm.

I could live with that setlist if it's true.
24 songs, 7 off the new album.

Suprisingly, Hands that built... and Electrical storm aren't mentioned. I think both of them have a chance of being played.

Maybe this is "setlist A" and the missing songs like Bad, Mysterious ways, Desire, Angel of Harlem aren't listed for that reason.
Also, weren't there reports that the whole of Bomb was rehearsed, and Lemon? And the Dublin rumors about them rehearsing Exit, Unforgettable fire and Wire?

Last edited:
i'd quite happily not hear htba. but es is a must. A MUST !!!!!!!

Love the inclusion of Ultra Violet, but that setlist is too obvious. Enough of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Pride, please!

october and UV are the only "surprises". I think that is a generic setlist that anyone would be comfortable saying is the real deal w/o intimate knowledge of what is really being rehearsed.

There's no way they'll play 'Wild Horses'. They regard it as the weakest track on Achtung Baby (Q, 2002). As for the previously rumored 'Lemon', you really think Bono could still pull it off? He can barely do the little falsetto on 'Sometimes...'

I don't believe this one... OOTS isn't there and Bono said he couldn't wait to perform it live. So, it should be in the rehearsals shouldnt it?

djerdap said:
Love the inclusion of Ultra Violet, but that setlist is too obvious. Enough of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Pride, please!

i second this motion !!!

These songs being rehearsed at this time does not mean this is the final, unchangeable set-list. It just means (if this is true, and it could very well be) that there is a good chance we will hear these songs at some point in the tour, and that many of them will be part of the permanent set-list.

The fact that OOTS and Crumbs are not mentioned doesn't mean they won't be played, same with others that we have heard have been rehearsed (like Lemon and Unforgettable Fire). Bono could have very well mentioned those songs to a journalist without naming ALL the songs they've been rehearsing in the last few weeks.

The set-list will change and evolve as the tour moves on anyways, like every other tour.

I agree this list has a lot more 'classics' than I would expect. I don't think they will play NYD and Pride and AIWIY and WOWY and ISHFWILF every single night of the tour. I'm sure there will be some rotations. I also think UTEOTW and Bullet need a rest but oh well...:shrug: I'll still jump up and down and sing at the top of my lungs if they play them:D

I agree with Pride - enough of that. And add New Years Day and UTEOTW to that list. And bring back Bullet, thats one live song I can't get enough of. The Edge always rocks that song!

Uteotw does not need a rest. Itis a classic and needs to remain in all u2 setlists and tours however few they may be.

I think if they do bring 'Lemon' back it will be in a 'The Fly' style reinvention. If it is true and they do perform Lemon I don't think the falsetto will remain (despite the fact it is the greatest thing about the song).

Hope they don't keep Pride in the setlist though, its sounding stale for about 20 years now.

Acoustic Stuck In A Moment :drool:

Arcadion said:
I don't believe this one... OOTS isn't there and Bono said he couldn't wait to perform it live. So, it should be in the rehearsals shouldnt it?

If they're gonna play it live, they better as hell rehearse it. It tanked badly at Brooklyn Bridge. :uhoh: Ouch.

LPorE?! :hyper:

And if this is from Zootopia, well, it's a big grain of salt. :shrug:

UTEOTW has been played in so many tours, its time to move on in another direction - reinvest the set list. if that means substitute Bullet with something, so be it. But it seems to be the same set list every tour (minus the new tracks.) Bring in some other classics...they have a huge array of songs to choose from, why do the same ones over and over again. I understand why One is always played and Streets and maybe WOWY, but let's see some other classics played live.

by the way, I write on investing all day, so it must have slipped into my subconscious, the word in the first line is supposed to be 'reinvent', not 'reinvest'.

will say it again how can people say "dont play this, its been done so many times before" obviously you have been to see them live then, so dont go simple, people who havent seen them would want them included

KUEFC09U2 said:
will say it again how can people say "dont play this, its been done so many times before" obviously you have been to see them live then, so dont go simple, people who havent seen them would want them included

Yes I agree. I'm sick of seeing these posts.

we can say it very easily. If the band does the same set list for people like yourself, the songs will become repetitive and boring for the band, which will probably equate to less energy and enthusiasm. getting into a rotine is what people/bands should strive to not do.

Back
Top Bottom