U2's 'X-Radio' on Sirius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I

7/2 Mirrorball Man, Toronto
1. Bad
2. ?
3. Get on Your Boots
4. ?
5* Ultraviolet

Just heard Mark (aka U2Brother aka Mirrorball Man)

His picks were actually:
1. Bad
2. Zooropa
3, New Year's Day
4. Gone
5. Ultraviolet

You got the 2 slices of bread, but missed the sandwich fillings completely

This is so much better than the first time, IMO, I'm really glad they're playing music by other artists, like the other Artist-specific stations do.

Argh, I enjoyed the free preview last week, but now discover that as an artist-dedicated channel (like the Beatles, Pearl Jam, Springsteen...), U2 X-Radio requires at least a Select subscription. As a longterm Mostly Music subscriber, that leaves me out (I know, like most of the world). Is it worth the extra 40 bucks a year, when I probably already have 90% of the content? Probably not at this point, but time will tell...

Bought a new sled last month and just found out I have Sirius for free through the end of the year. Been enjoying this station a lot. Even though it’s like having all my U2 playlists on shuffle, I still like to hear stuff that I haven’t listened to in a while.

The only complaints I have are that there should be at least one full concert per day, and the Elevation Sunday morning show doesn't so it for me.

I know having a live concert per day isn't as easy as it is on Pearl Jam or E Street radio, but that's all the more reason to open up the vaults a little.

But even without releasing unreleased concerts they should have more than enough official releaaes to rotate a show a day for two weeks or so without a repeat.

Last edited:
St. Vincent was a guest DJ this week??

That's kind of a shocker.

Hope she doesn't lose her indie cred from appearing on U2's radio station.

“Am I buggin’ you? Too fuckin’ baaaaaad ..”

- guest DJ Matthew McConaughey introducing Silver And Gold

St. Vincent was a guest DJ this week??

That's kind of a shocker.

Hope she doesn't lose her indie cred from appearing on U2's radio station.

Could be worse. She could’ve contributed to the break up of Sleater-Kinney.

I didn't see this posted anywhere but sounded interesting

I heard this morning about a show with Edge & Woody Harrelson premiering tonight on U2 X Radio with them two discussing POP. Yes, the album by U2.

Maybe the 1st time since 2000 any member of U2 has talked about its excitence. I think its at 7 or 8PM Eastern Time.

The U2 Songs website has a summary of the interview. Great to see some love for Pop, one of my favourite U2 albums.

So, if we *could* have a show turn up in broadcast quality on Sirius, what would people like to hear? Staying away from things we all have, and keeping in mind per Edge it’s only “the last fifteen years” where every show is kept in releasable form.

I think Boston 5/28/05 would be at the top of my list. Or a 2011 show.

I'm almost done with it but so far what a great interview. I love how Woody doesn't shy away from anything is acting like a U2/Pop fan boy asking Edge questions. Hahah. Edge is giving great answers.

Just wish they talked more about 'If God Will Send His Angels'. They were pretty quick on that one.

I'm almost done with it but so far what a great interview. I love how Woody doesn't shy away from anything is acting like a U2/Pop fan boy asking Edge questions. Hahah. Edge is giving great answers.

Just wish they talked more about 'If God Will Send His Angels'. They were pretty quick on that one.

Looking forward to the next portion of it, I assume they will go through the whole album? I want Woody to ask Edge you guys need to play more Pop Live. :). I know we got Staring at the Sun the last tour, but Mofo and Gone definitely deserve another live performance.

I'm hoping he asked about Popmart. One the main things with Popmart was how well they made the songs from Pop sound. Mofo, Gone, LNOE, Discotheque, Velvet Dress & Please (Even Miami) went to whole another level live. They could play any of those live to this day and they'll get a great reaction.

As many have said, I think they missed an oppurtunity during the 360.

Please into Streets was/is phenomenal

I always say that if I had a time machine, I'd just go back and follow the ZooTV tour... but Please into Streets - with the bubbly synth bridging the two/replacing the organ intro to Streets - is probably my favorite live moment of theirs, and I got to witness it in person all those years ago in the simple times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom