U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice entertainment to help with my insomnia.

One has to give props to the one who would actually have the stones/stupidity to use their own first and last name next to their avatar.

And keeps coming back for more.

You post fake information, I called it into question and asked for proof. You posted none. I search for you on google like you encouraged me to, and I find your mug shot on like the third entry. You get all defensive. Just because we like the same band doesn't mean you get permission to post fake shit and not called on it. Lighten up, Francis.

He does make a fairly solid point there... You did ask anyone who didn't believe you to Google you.

Oopsie daisies?

I felt somewhat sympathetic to Sean until he told Steve to "find God" and that he "will be judged".

If there's one thing I hate, it's proselytizing.

Steve, didn't you post a fake tracklist a couple years ago?

I don't know, maybe Sean is b.s.'ing us, but in reading the last few pages, I'm more sickened by how some of you have treated him.

And this is the sign that I need to chill out from this thread. Can we just start a new one once we get ACTUAL confirmed news? That way I can just check in once a day. :)

Can I say I am genuinely offended that Shawn has made a claims suggesting Christian's have some sort of moral authority? As if people of faith are better people than atheists?

U2 are not a Christian band. They are a band of people who have at various times laid claims to certain faiths. All of this is academic because whichever deity you believe in doesn't make you more right than anyone else who does or does not believe in any of the 100s of other deities.

I'm more sickened by how some of you have treated him.

As am I.

Apparently some people think it's cool to insult, mock and/or relentlessly attack someone else if you disagree with them or think they're bullshitting. What Steved did is so far out of line, that frankly it's appalling that only one person besides the subject of Steve's attack reported any of the posts. You might say that Shawn was asking for it by telling people to google him. Fine. Bring up the arrest. But to then use that as a relentless line of attack (completely irrelevant to the subject at hand) is classless, cheap and overwhelmingly dickish. And yet everyone just sits here and munches popcorn. Nice. :|

I'm tempted to just close this thread and any spinoffs until we actually do have some information about the album, because the tone in the last few threads has been anything but civilized, and the level and amount of insults, mocking and personal beefs aired for all has pretty much drowned out whatever worthwhile conversation there is.

So let's get back to the topic at hand, without the pettiness, mocking, insults, and feuding, if at all possible. Treat this as a place to discuss things with fellow fans, not a place to hash things out with people who just don't get it and deserve to be shamed for it.

[/rant]

Newedgesolo_zps3405e74c.jpg

Evidently Edge is going solo and this is his first album due out November 18.. I'm in the know.

Best thing I've seen in 5 pages. :lmao:

I was falsely arrested and quickly released but lets all forget about Clayton's worse arrest

Let's not turn to hating on band members. Nothing pisses me off faster than when people make stupid comments regarding a band they supposedly love and care about. Especially when said comments are about one Adam Clayton. :madwife:

Tell me, if you ever were blessed enough to MEET Mr. Clayton, would you bring up his arrest from 1989???? Or better yet, bring up the night he didn't play in Sydney? You, sir, need to take your hatred and BS elsewhere, regardless of who you know or what dates you have.

Meanwhile, I'll go back to my popcorn, my bunk, and my Adam. :corn: :shifty:

*should just stick to PLEBA sheesh*

Best thing I've seen in 5 pages. :lmao:

Let's not turn to hating on band members. Nothing pisses me off faster than when people make stupid comments regarding a band they supposedly love and care about. Especially when said comments are about one Adam Clayton. :madwife:

Tell me, if you ever were blessed enough to MEET Mr. Clayton, would you bring up his arrest from 1989???? Or better yet, bring up the night he didn't play in Sydney? You, sir, need to take your hatred and BS elsewhere, regardless of who you know or what dates you have.

Meanwhile, I'll go back to my popcorn, my bunk, and my Adam. :corn: :shifty:

*should just stick to PLEBA sheesh*
Why would you piss off about some random opinion on the internet? Who cares really?

I felt somewhat sympathetic to Sean until he told Steve to "find God" and that he "will be judged".

If there's one thing I hate, it's proselytizing.

WOW!!! Look at the big brain on Laz..... BRAVO :applaud:

Very compelling :hmm:

Damn. I've seen lots of personal insults spurring from disagreement on various internet forums, but what went down here is among the worst. I agree with mikal's post.

As far as U2 goes... I believe that timeframe that Shawn mentioned (single in late September and album around November 18) is a pretty good and potentially plausible one. It gives plenty of time for the album to garner attention, as well as time for promo/interviews.

That said, I'm not taking his word as official confirmation. Nothing against him personally whatsoever, rather that I take everything I see posted on the internet without a source with a grain or two of salt.

That said, I'm not taking his word as official confirmation. Nothing against him personally whatsoever, rather that I take everything I see posted on the internet without a source with a grain or two of salt.

Mid to late November seems pretty reasonable, given the band's history, which is what makes it sound plausible regardless of who is saying it.

Note to self: Morning coffee before reading 5-6 pages of this thread. Especially when it got far too out of hand. Clearly my heart leaps to defend Ad'...especially without my coffee to kickstart my brain into gear. :wink:

That said, I'm gonna go spend the day doing something besides waiting for official news. I still say we'll know something by the end of this month.

So unfortunate that the ones that are part of the gang gets a free pass on this forum.....

As for Larry's comment to a fan about hoping the album being FINISHED (not release) by the end of the year,i doubt he would have said that if recording was done by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom