U2 Live-aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Bad is worth two songs, I guess the two songs they played plus Pride would have been just fine (which was their original setlist). It's a pity Bono just had to do some grandstanding in Bad which made the song even longer and let them not play Pride.

Cheers,

J

I mentioned the effect Bad has on me from Live Aid, so there's NO WAY I'd want that differently. But if the guys knew they would only perform two songs, I would've like to have seen Pride instead of Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Comparing with other performers, u2 should have played more!!
SBS-Pride-Unforgettable fire-Bad(as it was)

U2 at Live Aid was a memorable, moving performance that just kept building into what we know now as the beginning of Bono's love affair with mankind. Grandstanding...thank God for it!

jick said:
It's a pity Bono just had to do some grandstanding in Bad which made the song even longer and let them not play Pride.
Yes, if there's one thing the world lacks, it's yet another live performance of "Pride."

Although I agree with ravenette that I'd rather have heard it than "Sunday, Bloody Sunday."

I posted a link to a story (topic- Bad at Live Aid) about how Live aid touched my life then and 18 yrs later. I'm sharing it only because I think it a glimpse of how that performance touched not only the world audience, but us as individuals. Here it is again. http://www.theroseandthornezine.com/Flash/72DayofPromise.html
I think you'll enjoy!
(not for republishing)

Val said:
I posted a link to a story (topic- Bad at Live Aid) about how Live aid touched my life then and 18 yrs later. I'm sharing it only because I think it a glimpse of how that performance touched not only the world audience, but us as individuals. Here it is again. http://www.theroseandthornezine.com/Flash/72DayofPromise.html
I think you'll enjoy!
(not for republishing)

I enjoyed reading that, thanks for posting and sharing.

I wouldnt change a thing about it...captured the emotion of the day that some of the other bands that wearnt stadium savvy couldnt do...only other band that did it perfectly that day was Queen...while there were many memorable performances U2 and Queen stole the show.

Back
Top Bottom