U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of you threatening violence or just saying that you ignore li es and go on in, tell me when that worked for you.

spin it how you want, try and convince us you were doing some noble public service in the interest of safety and order, but a line* created, independent of the venue and any security, at 9am only to protect the seemingly permanent rail spots of a self appointed high council deserves to be ignored.

*not even a line, a list of reservations!!

All you people who show up and expect to get in before those in line ARE the ones who get shamed in to leaving. Don't think yesterdays line was sanctioned? Ask the sheriff's department, the venue security, and U2.com. Hell, ask Baja Girl. All of you threatening violence or just saying that you ignore li es and go on in, tell me when that worked for you. Don't think there's a line for tomorrow's show because that's the venue rules? Why don't you drive by the forum right now and take a look. And beyond that, if you cant believe what you see with your eyes, I don't care what you think.

Sent from my HTCONE using U2 Interference mobile app

Lighten up, Francis.

Sent from my ass to your face via my middle finger.

It's not a line if you showed up, put your name on some random list (that's not publicised, not part of official policy, and not known to every concert attendee), and then pissed off for hours on end.

NOT. A. LINE.

I think queuing for hours/days is daft, and I don't believe it should be turned into the endurance contest that it often is for major bands, but if you're going to queue excessively, at least do it properly rather than pretending you're in line when you're spending the whole day physically elsewhere.

All you people who show up and expect to get in before those in line ARE the ones who get shamed in to leaving. Don't think yesterdays line was sanctioned? Ask the sheriff's department, the venue security, and U2.com. Hell, ask Baja Girl. All of you threatening violence or just saying that you ignore li es and go on in, tell me when that worked for you. Don't think there's a line for tomorrow's show because that's the venue rules? Why don't you drive by the forum right now and take a look. And beyond that, if you cant believe what you see with your eyes, I don't care what you think.

Please explain to us again what's fair about putting your name (and a bunch of your loser friends' names) on some unsanctioned list and disappearing for 8 hours, then getting to enter ahead of someone who stood in line all day.

If someone wants to make a sign in line, whatever. Do what you want as long as it's not breaking any rules. There are much worse things for me to be annoyed at.

But with that being said, please for the love of God...

Just admit it's simply to stack the deck in your favor so you and whoever you're with can get a better spot than everyone else. You're not being some good little hall monitor. You're not trying to help the venue or law enforcement. You're just being a tryhard that wants to be in front of everyone, and hey that's FINE! But enough with the "aww, shucks I'm just trying to make everything nice and fair for everyone!" routine. You're not allowed. *finger wag* NO! BAD! Own your entitlement.

LOL ok, now you gotta explain this....

Someone was saying when the red zone squabble happened in the spoilers thread that it was either Romi or Remy that was line-nazi-ing and paper-dolling on 360.

Paper-dolling is when groups of self-important fuck-tards link arms and walk slowly to the rails to prevent others from getting there.

If someone wants to make a sign in line, whatever. Do what you want as long as it's not breaking any rules. There are much worse things for me to be annoyed at.

But with that being said, please for the love of God...

Just admit it's simply to stack the deck in your favor so you and whoever you're with can get a better spot than everyone else. You're not being some good little hall monitor. You're not trying to help the venue or law enforcement. You're just being a tryhard that wants to be in front of everyone, and hey that's FINE! But enough with the "aww, shucks I'm just trying to make everything nice and fair for everyone!" routine. You're not allowed. *finger wag* NO! BAD! Own your entitlement.

Its only ok if they don't whinge when people who do the right thing ignore it and do what they were originally told to do.

Someone was saying when the red zone squabble happened in the spoilers thread that it was either Romi or Remy that was line-nazi-ing and paper-dolling on 360.

Paper-dolling is when groups of self-important fuck-tards link arms and walk slowly to the rails to prevent others from getting there.

GodzillaWTFlarge_zpsf417d63c.gif

Jesus Christ. If their lives are so fucking unimportant that having to see some 50 year olds play music the closest inspires such juvenile behavior, let them have it then.

I've been one person away from the rail once, and that really was all I needed. I couldn't imagine going from city to city and making some imaginary list to be at the front, and keep doing it to feel "close" to the band. I'm more than happy to be in the center of the GA, having fun, then being a self-important fucktard.

Didn't think it was possible for me to have more contempt for this crowd.

I was wrong.

I've been dealing with people like you since Elevation, and you all make me sick to varying degrees. You may think you're all good people, providing service to the fan community, whatever. But it's favoritism and entitlement, plain and simple. You're the Type-A people that everyone outside your circle in high school hated, and you've chosen to continue that behavior into adult life.

It's also a case of gluttony; no matter how many times you get a spot on the rail, get a photo with or autograph from a band member, it's never enough. You need this pathetic validation for every show on every tour, proving your worth over other fans. You're the same type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping when the band became aware of your bullshit and took action. It's a shame they don't do it again. It's a shame your stupid lists don't get taken away and torn up at every show.

You're Line Nazis. Not true fans. Not good people. And you don't even legitimately earn your spots by waiting in line, instead relying on your bourgeois, phony placeholder lists while those not in the know physically wait all day while you're taking a powder with others of your ilk.

And there are many, many here who feel this way. Basically everyone who isn't inside your sad little VIP circle

Cant believe I actually agree 100% with a Laz post.

Maybe its because I've had a couple drinks but I'm actually gonna speak my mind. Seriously in a 500 person venue who the fuck cares where you are? Why is there even a need to line up? Get there when the doors are supposed to open and go in. Why is that so difficult? Anywhere in that club is going to be a great spot.

Frankly I'm tired of the same people getting pulled up on stage every single tour, the same people getting their pictures with the band and their autographs. Over and over and over again. Shit let someone else have a chance. I've been a fan for 25+ years and never had any of that. Call me jealous but I guess its my own fault for not dedicating my entire life and being to U2. I'm perfectly happy seeing my shows and enjoying the band from a few rows back or even 10 or 15 rows back. Literally just happy to be in the same venue as the band.

I get that lists and organization have been a part of these shows for so many years now but the fans that think they're entitled to more than other fans or just constantly feel the need to be all up in U2's face every chance they get just really annoys me.

It's not a line if you showed up, put your name on some random list (that's not publicised, not part of official policy, and not known to every concert attendee), and then pissed off for hours on end.

NOT. A. LINE.

I think queuing for hours/days is daft, and I don't believe it should be turned into the endurance contest that it often is for major bands, but if you're going to queue excessively, at least do it properly rather than pretending you're in line when you're spending the whole day physically elsewhere.

Eee! Love it!

Also, I love the idea that apparently you're either cool with the signin sheet, or you just plan on rolling up at 5 and cutting everyone. NO MIDDLE GROUND!

I've been dealing with people like you since Elevation, and you all make me sick to varying degrees. You may think you're all good people, providing service to the fan community, whatever. But it's favoritism and entitlement, plain and simple. You're the Type-A people that everyone outside your circle in high school hated, and you've chosen to continue that behavior into adult life.

It's also a case of gluttony; no matter how many times you get a spot on the rail, get a photo with or autograph from a band member, it's never enough. You need this pathetic validation for every show on every tour, proving your worth over other fans. You're the same type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping when the band became aware of your bullshit and took action. It's a shame they don't do it again. It's a shame your stupid lists don't get taken away and torn up at every show.

You're Line Nazis. Not true fans. Not good people. And you don't even legitimately earn your spots by waiting in line, instead relying on your bourgeois, phony placeholder lists while those not in the know physically wait all day while you're taking a powder with others of your ilk.

And there are many, many here who feel this way. Basically everyone who isn't inside your sad little VIP circle

:up::up::up:

NOT. A. LINE.

This.
I mean it's not a line, when there isn't physically a line and the majority of people are out shopping, home sleeping, at in'n'out burger or at work to then turn up after 5.30 and tell people, hey I popped past at 7am this morning for 3 minutes and added my name so excuse me but you're in my spot. It's the actual definition of entitlement.

Also what do you expect by being front row at a concert every time. Become the 5th member? Get some sweat on you to hopefully clone into your own Bono? Have them leave their long time partners for your front row stunning beauty, and/or turn gay because of your magnetic front row presence?!

Having had spots all over g.a plus seats let me tell you, it's awesome ANYWHERE BECAUSE ITS U2. End of.
This thread is so funny, I'm going to read the spoilers thread now.

Man what a thread. I haven't posted in a long time but I just can't believe what I read.

Gotta say, you have to give props to the Line Nazis, it worked! They got to the spots they wanted. You have to make sure you got the best spots for your first U2 show right?

Oh wait

Well this escalated quickly haha, some excellent posts though, by the way I have just started a list for Glasgow so if anyone wants in ? we won't have to go to the venue prior at all we can just go straight to the front of the line half hour before gates open.....because I have made a list like 5 months in advance

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So... Romy has just disappeared... He and the line Nazis are all paper-dolling the entrance of the forum for tomorrow's show?

So... Romy has just disappeared... He and the line Nazis are all paper-dolling the entrance of the forum for tomorrow's show?

There is a show tonight isnt there?

The line organizers should start wearing fake badges. That would just enhance all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's astounding how little you know about this/these people. They don't get training....they don't NEED training.....it's innate. They are the training.

And this is why you'll never run a line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom