U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh fuck that! they can't tease us like that! what's the point of a radio station putting on a show if they don't broadcast it? maybe it'll get an official release.

THAT would kill me. In fact, I will die if they play 11'o Clock Tick Tock tonight.

Unless they play it again on the 3rd. :D

This.

I was the second person to arrive at Dodger Stadium. A worker at the stadium won who happened to be a fan so it was clearly his lucky day. Tears streamed down my face as I couldn't believe how close I came to a final shot at gaining entrance.

I did receive a consolation prize: seats to the 6/3 show at the forum which I didn't have. So all in all it just wasn't in the cards for me but I don't have any regrets. I did everything I possibly could've done. It still hurts but I'll get over it. Just not tonight ;)

If 11oclock tick tock is played I'd be so happy if it snuck it's way into one of the upcoming forum shows!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Considering place in time too - new songs at the time, excellent versions of m ways, aiwiy, Tick Tock.

Now I'm sure you're taking the piss! Much as I adore 11OTT, much as I love that it was resurrected at Irving Plaza, and as much as I will completely fucking flip if it is played tonight, the 2000-01 versions of 11OTT are clearly the weakest live performances of the song ever.

Partly because they evidently re-learned the song straight from the studio version rather than doing it in its standard live form with a second solo or the "call out your name" verse, and partly because it's slower and Bono's voice isn't what it used to be.

Partly because they evidently re-learned the song straight from the studio version rather than doing it in its standard live form with a second solo or the "call out your name" verse, and partly because it's slower and Bono's voice isn't what it used to be.
I love the Under a Blood Red Sky version of the song. I'm sure there are better performances of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, but that one is so good. :drool:

Hashtag U2 and scroll down to the first video of I Will Follow from the Roxxy tonight but is insane. Soooo rad. I wish I was there. Waaaaa

I saw Sil was in the front. She's probably busy jumping around like crazy living it up. So jealous

- the ocean
- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
- I will Follow
- Electric Co
- Beautiful Day
- Elevation
- Stuck in a Moment
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Out of Control
- Song for Someone
- California

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1432879268.570058.jpg yes your right they did play Vertigo. Saw it on Instagram post. Here's a pic sans vertigo.

I love the Under a Blood Red Sky version of the song. I'm sure there are better performances of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, but that one is so good. :drool:

I'd say the only competition the Red Rocks performance has for best version of 11OTT is the 4 November 1981 performance with three solos.

I can't fathom why, on the CD version of UABRS, they replaced that killer version of 11OTT with the dud recording of it on 5 May 1983 in Boston (which, as it happens, sounds more lively and intense on the bootleg of that show!).

I'd say the only competition the Red Rocks performance has for best version of 11OTT is the 4 November 1981 performance with three solos.

I can't fathom why, on the CD version of UABRS, they replaced that killer version of 11OTT with the dud recording of it on 5 May 1983 in Boston (which, as it happens, sounds more lively and intense on the bootleg of that show!).

The best version of 11OTT for me is the March 6, 1981 performance at the Paradise Theater in Boston. Its the second performance in the encore which is fantastic. The November 4, 1981 show, which I think is the Berlin Germany show is great too, but I prefer the Paradise Theater encore performance.

My love for 11 O'Clock Tick Tock knows no bounds. A very special song for me. Very cool to see it performed today. It needs to make an appearance on the regular tour.

Agree with Axver that the Red Rocks version is amazing. But what wasn't amazing about that show.

Special mention to the January 10th 1990 version.

That's such a cool setlist. I wish U2 did more of this sort of thing.

That's such a cool setlist. I wish U2 did more of this sort of thing.

Didnt the Stones do that kind of thing on some tour? They played both clubs and stadiums in every city of the tour.

Back
Top Bottom