U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great that some people who post here have been able to get through and will be able to attend the show on Thursday!

:up: :applaud: :D

Hopefully a few more before it's 9 PM!

Oh, one other thing : someone from interference should call them (http://kroq.cbslocal.com/contact-kroq) , ask for the promotions department and tell them that there is multiple correct answers to the 1st question of their u2 trivia contest : http://kroq.cbslocal.com/trivia-challenge-win-tickets-to-kroqs-exclusive-u2-show-at-the-roxy/

What was U2's first single?*
Please choose 1.
Touch
A Day Without me
11 O'Clock Tick-Tock
I Will Follow

U2's very first single was Three
U2's first single on the Island record lable was 11 O'Clock Tick-Tock
U2's first single from the Boy album was A Day Without me
U2's first US single was I Will Follow.

So I guess it depends what they're looking for as the correct answer.

Great that some people who post here have been able to get through and will be able to attend the show on Thursday!

:up: :applaud: :D

Hopefully a few more before it's 9 PM!

Oh, one other thing : someone from interference should call them (http://kroq.cbslocal.com/contact-kroq) , ask for the promotions department and tell them that there is multiple correct answers to the 1st question of their u2 trivia contest : http://kroq.cbslocal.com/trivia-challenge-win-tickets-to-kroqs-exclusive-u2-show-at-the-roxy/

What was U2's first single?*
Please choose 1.
Touch
A Day Without me
11 O'Clock Tick-Tock
I Will Follow

U2's very first single was Three
U2's first single on the Island record lable was 11 O'Clock Tick-Tock
U2's first single from the Boy album was A Day Without me
U2's first US single was I Will Follow.

So I guess it depends what they're looking for as the correct answer.

So for the trivia contest you don't have to be a CA resident right? I'm assuming because they ask you for your state. I agree on the first question. I went with 11 o'clock because it seemed they were getting their info from Wikipedia and that is what I found there.

Yeah, they'll find a way to camp.

Nah they'll have already gone to the Roxy yesterday and assigned each other numbers for the front so they don't have to let all that pesky camping get in the way of getting their rightful place at the front of Wednesday night's Forum queue. :wink:

I very nearly went down to the Rosslyn hotel over my lunch hour just in case they were going to do a promotion there. Then at 1:00 they did a promotion there and gave away tickets. Ugh. Should have trusted my instincts. Should I camp out in front of the U2 KBBQ next?

Somehow, today, I won tickets to the Roxy about 330pm! A full week of calling non stop... lots of dreaming out loud.. I still cant believe it!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::love::love::love::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Thanks!!! I am beyond thrilled and still cant believe. I have never won anything and try all the time!
Im taking my good friend since age 5, she gave me my first U2 tape (Under a Blood Red Sky") and she and her Dad took me to my first ever U2 show on 11/15/1987...!!!

Congrats to all that have won!!

So is it every hour and every half hour today? I got through at like 8:02 today got all excited but was told to call back at 9:20. :|
Does this make sense, I thought it would be 9 or 9:30?

I actually got through and was going to be on that Kevin and Bean whistling contest but someone else won before I was on the air. So close!

Well i am not at all envious at all at the people that gets to see U2 in a club tonight. :angry:

Does anyone else think U2 might get Lykke Li in for that show? Maybe they think The Troubles will work better in a small club environment. I can totally see that happen. I'd love to have it happen on the "regular" tour as well, though.

Probably a shorter than arena typical set tonight, more than 20 songs would be a surprise, imo. I would bet the opening four pack will be the same, maybe both OOC and EC padding it out to 5 songs, 11 O' Clock Tick Tock is almost a sure thing as well as maybe all 3 Rattle and Hum tracks (Desire, WLCTT, AOH) they've been playing so far. The stripped version of California is a good bet as well. Good odds they'll close again with "40."

I would not expect some of the more production-heavy songs tonight such as Cederwood Road, SBS, UTEOTW, Invisible, Bullet, COBL. Probably one of the bigger wild cards is actually going to be whether they play Streets or not.

Congrats to all going, hopefully security and good cell coverage will let people Periscope tonight.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone who is getting into the Roxy show!
Just as a heads up, I have an experience with a similar type of show at the Roxy I got into back in October 2007 to see the Sex Pistols.

My heads up to the winners (and I really hope it’s not the same case here) cameras and cell phones were not allowed in the venue.
As we all waited in line outside the Roxy to get in we were warned multiple times that if they find a cell phone or camera in our possession on the way into the venue, we would not be allowed in.
However… after we got inside there was a guy from Germany in the crowd who turned to face me and reached deep down into the crotch of his pants and pulled out…. a cell phone. :)
He took pictures that night without getting caught.
Good luck!
:up:

oh man, we are going to be a bunch of fucking sad pandas if they aren't allowing in cell phones so we can get any streams or bootlegs. :lol:

Few more hours and I'm headed there. Luckily dialed in on Tuesday 5/26 at 5 PM and got through. Of course, after 100s of busy signals throughout that day and the prior week.

Nah they'll have already gone to the Roxy yesterday and assigned each other numbers for the front so they don't have to let all that pesky camping get in the way of getting their rightful place at the front of Wednesday night's Forum queue. :wink:

I definitely don't agree with this. Kroq says no lining up before 5:30 so I'm going to get in line and that will be my spot to the front. Don't get the deal of these people assigning numbers when the entire competition is not even over with. It's like who are you to judge who gets to the front unless news is sent out to every person that wins to meet to get a number. Not everyone has the accessibility to get to West Hollywood to get "numbers".

I was ousted of the circle for 360 at the Rose Bowl even though I was there since 7:00 am that day.

There are already a dozen people down there. I find this very annoying because a 5:30 start time should allow for people to get there and be at the front without having to stand somewhere all day. Not to be bitter about the amazing experience I'm about to have but as someone who has to sit at my job for most of the day, it's annoying when people are flat out ignoring this one request they made of us (especially when the third person in that line is my friend who doesn't even have a ticket!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom