U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got mine in the mail. Realized my dad has a cd drive on his laptop so I went over there real quick and ripped it to iTunes, so now it’s on my Apple Music. Sweet.

Received it here in Seattle yesterday (Nov 2). Great packaging and sounds fantastic! One of the shows I attended (Vancouver opening night) is also in the set so happy about that. U2.COM14 release already.

Received it here in Seattle yesterday (Nov 2). Great packaging and sounds fantastic! One of the shows I attended (Vancouver opening night) is also in the set so happy about that. U2.COM14 release already.

Nice. Hopefully it makes it here in Bremerton today or Monday.

Sorry all. I would but I had to borrow a laptop that still had a CD drive just to add it to my Apple Music. So ridiculous that the CD’s don’t come with download codes.

Got mine in mail today 2 days earlier than originally stated in the tracking estimation. Very well done booklet and package. Now just praying that U2.com releases the rest of the songs so i can listen to them all.

Are CD players really that rare? I still have like five working CD players in my house (two SONY CD consoles, a boom box, a CD walkman and one in the car). Of course, I also still have a working dual tape deck and VHS player haha.

Are CD players really that rare? I still have like five working CD players in my house (two SONY CD consoles, a boom box, a CD walkman and one in the car). Of course, I also still have a working dual tape deck and VHS player haha.

For some. Like me. I’ve only used streaming services for going on 5 years now starting with Google Play Music and now Apple Music.

I didn’t even realize my Mazda had a CD player until the other day because it’s pretty hidden. Otherwise, all other CD players have been removed from my household. My 10 year old daughter only knows streaming services.

The only CD players in my house are in cars. I think I have a PlayStation 3 I use as a blu ray player packed away in a cupboard for when u2 release concert films because they don’t stay on streaming services.

For some. Like me. I’ve only used streaming services for going on 5 years now starting with Google Play Music and now Apple Music.

I didn’t even realize my Mazda had a CD player until the other day because it’s pretty hidden. Otherwise, all other CD players have been removed from my household. My 10 year old daughter only knows streaming services.

Keep in mind that anyone who has a DVD or Blu-ray player automatically has a CD player. And I know those are on the decline too but still pretty common ina lot of houses.

Having said that, I don't use mine too much anymore, aside from when I first get an "important" album and want to give it a pure listen without distractions (i.e. while driving). Other than that the CDs are pretty much for my car and that's it.

Received this today - it sounds amazing. While I think we'd have all loved a best of '15/'18 that included some of the rare 'old' tracks from the tour (Acrobat, etc.), this one provides many songs I never imagined having good recordings of. An excellent set.

Now I can relive that moment of joy I witnessed when Edge goes into that extended outro solo for the Troubles in Vancouver. This is fantastic! :drool:

My son found a CD when we moved this weekend and thought it was a frisbee.

We do not have a single CD or Blu Ray player in the house or car, not in my wife's work computers

The last disc player of any sort that was in my house was my PS3, which died like 6 years ago

Last edited:

CD players are not that rare. Most cars and computers came standard with them up to a few years back and while the opposite is true now,any people I know still have CD players in their cars, computers and for BlueRay players.

I mean, CDs will be obsolete in the near future but in the US there were over 50million CD albums sold last year and while that is almost nothing compared to the early 2000s....for a physical copy it’s still the most popular (“most” is relative given the rise of digital).

I don’t understand that, or leaving out Ordinary Love.

Ordinary love was never on the songs of innocence record . It was a totally different project , that’s my guessing anyway

Lucifer hands , was that played live on the innocence tour ?

Back
Top Bottom