U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm convinced that The Troubles actually won, but that they were in no way prepared for a song they only played a few times, to win. So they just said that another song won. Lol
Agreed.

I do hope that somebody relayed to them that two songs that weren't singles, one of which was barely played and the other was never played on the tour for the album it was on, won the vote (or at the very least finished in the top 3).

But alas, I'm not sure these type of messages get delivered to random wine bars in Nice.

Last edited:
Yet more proof that the fanbase goes beyond the 50-300 people that post here regularly, perhaps? [emoji38]
Ehhh they showed the results for a while and The Troubles was the #2 vote getter. Then the results disappeared and all of a sudden it was Song For Someone.

I so agree that more people outside if the bubble like the song than inside... alas, there was a high chance of tomfoolery on this one.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been checking my mailbox daily for this, sometimes 3 times per day and still nothing!!!

I read on another site that someone called U2.com and was told the next set of downloads will be released in mid-May. Not sure if that means they will ALL be released then or if they are gonna piece-mail them out little by little.

Good recordings and performances both, but examples of what I didn't particularly like about E&I - more backing track than band.

With the downloads and announced songs all coming from the last two albums I have a feeling that the live set will also only contain songs from that era. Possibly include Ordinary Love and Invisible too, but no older songs.
We'll see...

Great sound, but I think there is too much adding on the songs. I think Edge played some extra guitars on it and some guitarparts in the chorus are unfortunately left out...
But.... I'm very glad a double disc of the tour is the fangift!!!

With the downloads and announced songs all coming from the last two albums I have a feeling that the live set will also only contain songs from that era. Possibly include Ordinary Love and Invisible too, but no older songs.
We'll see...

That’s my expectation too, which in a way is a shame because of Acrobat, but we’ll have the Berlin film eventually for that.

Imo, the way it's being titled and marketed, it will be Live performance of the songs from innocence album and experience album..... hence Little Things being included, and hence no mention of older songs. There's enough for at least 12 tracks on the innocence disc (if you include live Invisible, Crystal ballroom, lucsifer, ordinary) and 12 on the experience disc (everything but showman)

Imo, the way it's being titled and marketed, it will be Live performance of the songs from innocence album and experience album..... hence Little Things being included, and hence no mention of older songs. There's enough for at least 12 tracks on the innocence disc (if you include live Invisible, Crystal ballroom, lucsifer, ordinary) and 12 on the experience disc (everything but showman)

And if they really wanted to be completists they do have plenty of rehearsal takes of Showman.

Yea but the tours were also called iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE, so there's that

....which Little Things was not played on.

Also, NYD live from the tour was used on the Europa EP, and not saved for this collection.

But we shall see....

Last edited:
Well we know that songs from both albums aren’t enough to fill up 28 tracks, so there will definitely be some old tracks.

I’ve seen U2 12 times, 2 of those being outside of Florida. Both of those shows ended up on fan club releases (zooropa and love is bigger). I was surprised they chose the Uncasville take.

so... I got the email, my account shows active until June of 2019. The 4 songs are not showing up to download; songs from prior downloads are still there, including the recent dance remix options.

I sent U2.com a note about this, here's the exchange:

ME:
My subscription shows active until June of 2019, the 4 downloads for Innocence and Experience are not showing up on my Account Page. That does not make sense.

U2 dot com:

Thanks for contacting U2.com Fan Support; I will be more than happy to assist you with this.

I am very sorry to hear that you have not received the gift. As of right now, we do not have your gift in stock but as soon as we do, it will be sent over to you.

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience!

ME:
Hmm, did you even read my question? The download files for the 4 songs are supposed to show up on my Account page after I sign in.

The links are not visible. The songs are supposed to be delivered electronically.

U2 dot Com:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us and I'm here to help you as best as I can. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Sadly, if the available music is no longer listed on the account profile, it may not be available anymore.

If you need anything else, please reply to this email for further assistance or use the following details below to get in touch with us.

ME:

How is that even possible? The downloads were just released 2 or 3 days ago. You don't release music for download and then remove it within 2 or 3 days. There are still old downloads available from a year ago.

And, I'm still waiting.

So, as an active subscriber, shouldn't I get the 4 songs?

Anyone else get blanks instead of the 4 songs available?

giphy.gif

so... I got the email, my account shows active until June of 2019. The 4 songs are not showing up to download; songs from prior downloads are still there, including the recent dance remix options.

So did you re-upped last year when the Subscription Gift was the Dance Mixes (or whatever the hell it was)?

If so, you won't see the new Gift/Downloads until you re-up again...right...:hmm:

I swear I read it way back last year where it said 14 tracks on each disc but now I also can’t find it anywhere. And I know I’m not mistaken because I almost started a thread predicting the tracklist but ended up getting sidetracked because I needed to return some videotapes.

So did you re-upped last year when the Subscription Gift was the Dance Mixes (or whatever the hell it was)?

If so, you won't see the new Gift/Downloads until you re-up again...right...:hmm:

I suppose this is possible... and if so, this is arguably the biggest money grab I've personally ever seen from U2. I have to re-up for 4 MP3 files of songs I've spent a couple of C-Notes to see live already? There MP3 files for gosh sakes, they cost nothing.

Here's another gem from the U2.com site: "The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019."

Well, best I can tell, early 2019 has already passed, and we are half way through Spring.

Great band, crappy fan site.

I suppose this is possible... and if so, this is arguably the biggest money grab I've personally ever seen from U2. I have to re-up for 4 MP3 files of songs I've spent a couple of C-Notes to see live already? There MP3 files for gosh sakes, they cost nothing.

Here's another gem from the U2.com site: "The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019."

Well, best I can tell, early 2019 has already passed, and we are half way through Spring.

Great band, crappy fan site.

But you’d only get the files if you’re re-upped to receive that specific gift. The files are a taster of the thing people have already bought.

Back
Top Bottom