U2 Come Full Circle as 360 Degree Tour Launches in Barcelona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P7010239.jpg

Woah that's a great shirt! :ohmy:

:up: You got great pics!

Dumb question: Do you think Bono always knows when he picks the same girl multiple times? I mean I'm pretty sure he knows sometimes - like he'll say something when he picks her that gives me that impression, but do you think it's always intentional?

If you are persistant and "get in his face" he might remember you. I've seen this happen too many times where it gets to the verge of "being too desparate"

I'm not sure if he always recognises the girls, but in this case he does, Melissa was in Barcelona at least a week before the opening night, she was telling her story to the people waiting to see the band after the rehearsals, to the media and finally to Bono when she caught a glimpse of him, Bono remembered a girl carrying him and was very amused at meeting her again, he called her "the strongest girl in the world", unfortunately the rest of the people there who didn't get a word, a sing or a smile from Bono because she monopolized him were not so amused (I wasn't there, but I've seen some videos).

I had seen some incidents in Hawaii with her and Yeah it was "not pleasant"
lets just say that a LOT of people were NOT AMUSED.

Thanks for your truthfulness, Marien. :up:

Yeah, sounds like someone I know who thinks they own Bono and uses people or props to lure him to them :hmm:

If you are persistant and "get in his face" he might remember you. I've seen this happen too many times where it gets to the verge of "being too desparate"

My question is, who are these people who can afford to fly, internationally--frequently to follow U2?

I mean I'm going to Chicago, in the Red Zone--so thats not cheap--but to fly from Austrialia to Spain ect...thats got to add up

...yeah I've had haterade this morning....

Bono you need to mix it up.....I'll be availiable 9/12 in the Red Zone, I am a brunette, I'm small--so I'll make you look extra tall....:sexywink:

I had seen some incidents in Hawaii with her and Yeah it was "not pleasant"
lets just say that a LOT of people were NOT AMUSED.

Yeah, sounds like someone I know who thinks they own Bono and uses people or props to lure him to them :hmm:

:ohmy: I'll admit, I"m making a sign and would like to think it will be a memorable sign but I'm not gonna be all up in his grill - besides my request is not the usual one :wink: I'm sure it won't work but it's worth a try.

My question is, who are these people who can afford to fly, internationally--frequently to follow U2?

I mean I'm going to Chicago, in the Red Zone--so thats not cheap--but to fly from Austrialia to Spain ect...thats got to add up

...yeah I've had haterade this morning....

Bono you need to mix it up.....I'll be availiable 9/12 in the Red Zone, I am a brunette, I'm small--so I'll make you look extra tall....:sexywink:

I am. It's called SAVING your money for events like this. You sound very hateful and jealous, which annoys me.

I am flying across the continent to see a bunch of U2 shows, does that make me less of a human? I AM PAYING for all these shows, so what the fuck?
Since when is it a crime to work your ass off to save money for four fucking years to do something you've always dreamed about?:|

Envy's a bitch. :|

oh i don't think Bono's silly enough to be "lured"... but yeah the sense of ownership and entitlement among certain fans is pretty scary though...

i think it's nice that this girl had a great time... i think some of the unpleasantness from others could be jealousy, no? (although i wasn't there and am just wondering??)

and jeesus what is it with people taking signs and props and things to concerts anyway? it's meant to be a rock concert ffs :huh:

GG...chill. :hug:

Hey, if I had saved up and had time.... I would have done the same.

I'm sorry, I just had to vent there. This isn't the first time people are slagging on those who have saved for this tour. As if it's a bad thing. :huh:
I don't get why people have to be jealous and spiteful, rather than be happy for someone.

I'm making a sign for Dublin and my friend said to put it bodly that it is my birthday and I would have a good chance, but I'm not expecting it and I know that it is not going to happen. I'll be happy with just a nod.

I don't think going to several shows in different countries is anything bad, I travelled from Dublin via Madrid (my home) to Barcelona last week, I will fly again to Dublin for the shows later this month, and if I can, I'll try again in the UK, what I was critisizing is her behaviour jumping over people who were waiting at the stadium for hours and monopolizing all his time, talking to the media (Bono was unaware of it or she wouldn't have got to the stage by sure) and so on.

I am. It's called SAVING your money for events like this. You sound very hateful and jealous, which annoys me.

I am flying across the continent to see a bunch of U2 shows, does that make me less of a human? I AM PAYING for all these shows, so what the fuck?
Since when is it a crime to work your ass off to save money for four fucking years to do something you've always dreamed about?:|

Chill Galeongirl......

no need to fly off the handle....

I was just asking a question. Its nice that people have the time and money to see U2. All i was saying is that following U2 around the globe takes some serious cabbage.

No need to get all swear-y....

I'm sorry, I just had to vent there. This isn't the first time people are slagging on those who have saved for this tour. As if it's a bad thing. :huh:
I don't get why people have to be jealous and spiteful, rather than be happy for someone.

I'm not slagging on those who saved....did you see see I'm in the Red Zone for Chi 1???

The money for those didn't grow off a tree....

have a good time at your shows.....

I do agree with Galeongirl. I can understand her point. I have heard/read some on various forums that gripe about $$ or how many shows on person goes to... I don't understand that.

:ohmy: I'll admit, I"m making a sign and would like to think it will be a memorable sign but I'm not gonna be all up in his grill - besides my request is not the usual one :wink: I'm sure it won't work but it's worth a try.

"Dear Bono... please pick me... for a dance with Larry... on Electrical Storm"

:shifty::sexywink:

oh i don't think Bono's silly enough to be "lured"... but yeah the sense of ownership and entitlement among certain fans is pretty scary though...

i think it's nice that this girl had a great time... i think some of the unpleasantness from others could be jealousy, no? (although i wasn't there and am just wondering??)

you didnt see what happened in Hawaii and I've seen others do stuff like this too (being too pushy and not giving others a chance) and Yeah that would annoy anyone!

OH I've seen it happen-There was an incident taht really pissed me off last year but I'll keep it at that as to not cause a big stink about it

and jeesus what is it with people taking signs and props and things to concerts anyway? it's meant to be a rock concert ffs :huh:

I'm not talking about signs that people take to the concerts, Im talking about meet and greets I've seen what people use to try and get his attention.Which is fine but some people hog up the few minutes he might have to meet a few other fans

As far as traveling I always start a "Tour fund" at the end of each tour I have even worked a full time job and a part time job so I could travel and see u2 or Bono. I would have LOVED to have been able to see more shows this time around but Im in a new job and as it is I havent told them that I need a whole week off in Oct :uh uh: I'll be a year in this job by October anyway and I have all my vaction hours saved up :up: I go to work with the flu and fevers :lol: in order to not use my vacay hours or sick time

Melissa, the girl on stage, organized the GA for the first show in Barca and I spent some time chatting with her--super nice person who spent hours and hours in line. She was also near me in the GA in Hawaii, and couldn't have been nicer. Do you all really think that Bono gets "monopolized" by people that he doesn't want to talk with? He can just walk away! I'm sorry, but it seems like such petty jealousy (and don't get me started on the griping about people who travel to shows. Get a job. Work hard. That's the secret). She's articulate, drop-dead gorgeous, and a fan just like the rest of the people who wait out at rehearsals and shows. I'm sure it was a special moment for her. Sad for people to try to take a swipe and detract from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom