u2 360 Boxscore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M&T Bank Stadium - Baltimore, MD - 62,000 / 62,000 - $6,100,000

Wow, I think that might be a bit low. But we'll see. Official seating capacity is 71,000 and most of the stadium is soldout except the top level behind the stage which is half full, according to whats available on ticketmaster. Most of the tickets being sold by scalpers have been purchased as well. Only 96 tickets left on ticketsnow.com. Only 24 of those are GA. Most of the GA are listed at 3 times face value now. Compare that to Philadelphia which still has 1,477 tickets available on ticketsnow.com.

prbiker15 said:
U2360 North America - My Predictions:

Qwest Field - Seattle, WA - 74,000 / 74,000 - $7,100,000
Overstock.com Coliseum - Oakland, CA - 68,000 / 68,000 - $6,700,000
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA - 97,000 / 97,000 - $9,800,000
M&T Bank Stadium - Baltimore, MD - 62,000 / 62,000 - $6,100,000

Wondering if U2 will pass The Rolling Stones' single night attendance at Angel Stadium in 2005 - that's with an 180-degree configuration and seats on the field.

November 4, 2005
Anaheim, CA
Angel Stadium Of Anaheim
GROSS: $6,792,416
ATTENDANCE: 48,480
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $140.11

They will, however, easily pass the Stones' attendance and grosses (during A Bigger Bang 2006) at Qwest Field (42,813 - $3.5 million) and the Oakland Coliseum (42,739 - $3.9 million).

Good predictions but I think you are low balling the Baltimore show. It is selling very well and I can see attendance closer to 75k.

Good predictions but I think you are low balling the Baltimore show. It is selling very well and I can see attendance closer to 75k.

Yeah I agree it's a little too low (but I had not known about the ticket sales so there you go). So I guess we can say somewhere above 70,000 at least. I thought sales were going to be slow on the other hand.

Yeah I agree it's a little too low (but I had not known about the ticket sales so there you go). So I guess we can say somewhere above 70,000 at least. I thought sales were going to be slow on the other hand.

At a bare minimum I think 68,000, a maximum I think would be 75,000 for attendance. If attendance is 73,000 or more, it will be one of the top 40 attended concerts in US history! Its easily the largest concert in the history of Baltimore already.

I noticed that few if any of the remaing tickets have sold over the past week and with rain being predicted, that may cut down on people showing up to buy tickets the day of the show. Still, I think the attendance will still be close to 70,000.

Now that we're getting closer to Glastonbury, all I can hear these days is tax avoidance. U2 have sold 12 million tickets in 32 countries on 6 continents grossing well over $1.1 billion. Given these facts, it is beyond be how anyone can seriously think that U2 do not pay any taxes, just because they moved their head office from Ireland to the Netherlands. :huh:

Some people don't understand how tax works. They just read the headlines

No U2 boxscores once again this week. Top 3:

Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Billy Currington, Uncle Kracker
Lambeau Field
Green Bay, Wis.
June 11, 2011
$4,948,817
45,446 /
1 /
$250, $125, $99, $29

Kylie Minogue, Gypsy and The Cat
Sydney Entertainment Centre
Sydney, Australia
June 7-8, 11, 2011
$3,730,000
26,689 /
3 /
$429.43, $107.30

Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Frankie Ballard, Randy Montana
Ford Field
Detroit, Mich.
June 11, 2011
$3,453,549
47,992 /
1 /
$89.50, $59.50, $34.50

On the other hand, surprised Kylie Minogue didn't sellout 3 shows in Sydney, she always sells great in her homeland.

Baltimore was an an amazing show. Edge was on fire! I had a great position inside the inner circle, essentially the center between Edge and Bono. The heat was incredible. It was probably over 100 degrees inside the inner circle. Even Bono commented on how hot it was.

M&T stadium was fuller than Fedex Field. Everything in M&T stadium looked soldout except for a few spots in some of the seconds on the top level behind the stage. Its going to be interesting to see what the attendance was for Baltimore.

Fedex Field had 84,750 for U2 360, but you could see around the margins on most sections of the top level that they had not sold every seat. At M&T stadium, it was just a few spots behind the stage on the top level.

But, Fedex Field seats over 90,000 for games while M&T only seats 71,000 for games.

This is what U2 did for their 360 show near Washington DC:

September 29, 2009
Landover, Maryland
Fedex Field
GROSS: $6,718,315 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 84,754 (RECORD)
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $79.27

I predict that although Baltimore will not have attendance that is that high, it will have a gross figure that is higher than the Fedex Field show.

U2 draws 75,000 to M&T Bank Stadium, Live Nation says

Ok, one last U2 post. The official count for Wednesday night's U2 show is 75,000 people, according to Live Nation. The number is 5,000 shy of the crowd stadium officials had predicted earlier this week. But it matches the house record of 75,000 who attended the 1999 HFStival.

A spokeswoman for M&T Bank Stadium confirmed Live Nation's number, but could not confirm where the audience ranked in the venue's history.

Midnight Sun: U2 draws 75,000 to M&T Bank Stadium, Live Nation says - Nightlife: Baltimore’s music, bars, clubs, events and night scene from Erik Maza - baltimoresun.com

I'm pretty sure U2360 will break the current attendance record at M&T Bank Stadium - 71,502 is the current record (football game between Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers - December 2008) and that HFStival event seems to have no official numbers, yet. I think U2360 will set a new gross record as well. We'll have to wait a while, as no U2 boxscores haven't appeared in the Billboard charts in awhile..

I'm interested to know if U2 can break the SunLife Stadium attendance record. Everything adds up for them to beat it. We'll see.

East Lansing packed..

b4a2e2ac.jpg

php30B5JjPicture86.png

robbrecon72 said:
East Lansing packed..

I was thinking that this would be one of the worst attended shows of the tour with relation to capacity but the pictures seem to indicate otherwise. I guess we will really find out once the boxscore comes out.

While I think they could have added roughly 10-15 more shows if they did another Euro/Asian leg, you have to remember that the 110 shows they played for 360 were massive and will have averaged nearly 67k per show. With that said, that is the reason they didn't need to play 130 shows. They were able to play to the same amount of people(much more actually) in less shows. As for spreading it out, one reason (not the only) is the size of the show/stage. They can't just play any stadium anywhere and that is assuming the stadiums that they could play had availability for the 3-4 days that U2 needed to set up/play/take down and leave.

I haven't explained myself well.
The question I ask myself since the beginnning of the tour is: why is it so spread out? why such a relaxed schedule?
the tour was announced in march 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/03/07/us-u-idUSTRE5260JX20090307
the announcement said that the basic layout of the tour was: Europe from june to august 2009, US in sep/oct 2009, US June/july 2010, Europe august/september 2010, South america fall 2010. so u2, from the beginning, had planned a major 7 month-plus break from the end of october 2009 to the beginning of june 2010...why this?
The only aswer I give myself is: because Spidey was schedeled to open in march 2010, and Bono and Edge wished to keep themselves off the road from the end of 2009 to mid-2010, thus even allowing for delays and false starts in the musical.
Otherwise, they could have toured the pacific in late 2009, south am/south africa in early 2010, and conclude the 360tour in Rome in october 2010.
once again: without Bono's accident, the tour would have ended in Sao Paolo in april 2011. this way, they would have played "only" 110 shows in 22 months: in 2001 they had done 113 shows in 9 months, and in 2005/2006, prior to Edge's family problems, they were scheduled to do no less that 130 shows in 12 months!!!

Here is an article quoting 70k, which again is all speculation until the official boxscore comes out:

The State News :: U2 brings thousands to E.L. Sunday

I was at the concert last night in East Lansing and I would agree more to this article on the capacity of the crowd over the other article. The last number shown for the occupancy of the crowd was 67,500. And that was with 15 minutes before U2 came on.

Every section was full except 1 upper section on the Edge's side. I'm not sure how full the GA was since having been near the circle. But I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance was up near 75,000.

Not really...

I quote the following passage from a post at u2 360 tour central thread:

Dave Sauter came over to the bridge across from Spartan Stadium at 704a today and took us across the street to the GA queue in single file. Very organized. Everyone in that queue is from yesterday when the #s were being done. So Dave did honor the GA # because he saw how well organized everything was. Oh and Dave told us the field will only have 3500 on it. It is official, the smallest GA crowd on the whole tour. He said if you are in the pit, there will be so much open space you can dance

So i think it is obvious that due to the narrowness of the pit and to safety reasons, they decided to release such a small amount of ga tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom