Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe a blender or NME photoshoot?

what is 101?

Depeche Mode: 101 The legendary concert at the Rose Bowl in 1988. It marked the beginning of Depeche Mode's superstardom. Great scene with the packed house all waving their arms in the air at once during Never Let Me Down.

wont it be hilarious if there is no 4th single! All the hoo-ha with the free boxes, having them come out 2 months late, now the box designed for 4 singles from NLOTH will never be filled! LOL

As a U2.com subscriber, we wanted you to be first with some breaking news - this Sunday the band's 360° Show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena will be filmed for a dvd.

As they're drafting in more cameras to create a great film, the band has decided to allow it to be streamed live on YouTube.

Whoop tee doo, another US dvd. :rolleyes:

Whoop tee doo, another US dvd. :rolleyes:

wow

debbie_downer.jpg

What's your problem, grumpy? :p

:grumpy: That we haven't had a good US dvd since... uh... hold on, Rattle and Hum?

If they had released Milan in full, you wouldn't hear me complain. But since they haven't I vowed to bitch every single non-European dvd release. :wink:

True but presumably mr Krueger is a better director than Hamilton (Slane or not), and the band will be well rehearsed compared to Boston or Chicago.

Release one for the Rose Bowl and then release one for Europe somewhere next year, sounds like a good plan.

Don't know why some people have to complain.....maybe we should just be happy they are going to release a dvd at all and stop taking things for granted. Im sure the crowd at LA will be fine. This show is really picking up steam now so Sunday night out to be pretty special.

The web stream on YouTube will serve as great viral marketing not only for the DVD but more particularly for next years' tour legs - especially in the US where ticket sales were a little more sluggish in some states than in Europe.

Anyone think they'll do this again (if it works out the way they want it to) next year after Songs of Ascent?

I wonder how much it's costing the band (despite the cost for extra cameras). They should just stream every show like this next tour. :D

Me neither. I think Europe deserves it. I love how Paul McGunniess said we want to bring the band to the world. When the LA show starts it will be the middle of the night or very early morning around a lot of the world. That means I have to stay up to 2am when I have work the next morning to watch the webcast.

Me neither. I think Europe deserves it. I love how Paul McGunniess said we want to bring the band to the world. When the LA show starts it will be the middle of the night or very early morning around a lot of the world. That means I have to stay up to 2am when I have work the next morning to watch the webcast.

The thing is, everyone films their shows in Europe. That gets boring after a while. Also, the Rose Bowl is one of the best stadiums in the entire world.

only in the part of the world where it is 2am. it's an early rise for people in europe, bfd, they get up for setlist parties anyway. for me, it's late afternoon on a public holiday. gold. of course, maybe u2 should change their plans just because you might have to have a late night.

besides. 100,000 people, the claw, the rose bowl. that isn't worth getting on camera?

When the LA show starts it will be the middle of the night or very early morning around a lot of the world. That means I have to stay up to 2am when I have work the next morning to watch the webcast.

Like the Olympics, not everyone can watch it live. It will be rerun twice, and then will be available on demand like any other youtube video after that.

The thing is, everyone films their shows in Europe. That gets boring after a while. Also, the Rose Bowl is one of the best stadiums in the entire world.

Not to forget that there is rather a lot of movie making expertise on the doorstep! And the weather is likely to be on-side.

That means I have to stay up to 2am when I have work the next morning to watch the webcast.

Oh yeah? well I have to stay up until 4am to watch Pop Idol live every week, so how do you think that affects my job performance (skydiving instructor)

Back
Top Bottom