Too Many Sunrises - please read !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
Too Many Sunrises

He?s seen too many
cold and lonely beds
that vanish into a blur
of memory,
out of time and place.

He?s pondered over too many sunrises
and not enough sunsets -
embraced too many strangers
who soon become friends
and gazed through the bottom
of too many glasses -
stored away too much
of living.

Yet again and again
he falls into the heart,
into the music
and into our souls,
welcoming, holding, swirling and bursting
in the dance of life ?
a surreal and sensorial wonder.

He thinks he?s got so much
for so little -
but he?s wrong.

My second poem about Bono, although I've been writing for about 5 years - had a few published in small journals. I tried to get inside him. The songs help of course. At times u feel u really know him well. He is an inspiration !!

To quote George Harrison: They gave their money and their screams but we gave our nervous systems!

He does give so much...and youve encapsulated that
smile.gif

very cool Pamela, and I certainly agree with you

btw brettig, did George Harrison really rip U2? I read a supposed quote from him that basically said U2 was no better than Oasis or the Spice Girls, kind of shocked me that he would say that, I don't really want to believe he said that
frown.gif

Yes i think he said it...wreaks of a guy whos just read what the media were saying about U2 circa 1998...which is sad cos im sure if he had an idea of what U2 were really on about hed like it...anywho the Beatles move to the studio was also about biggest and best production...state of the art etc.

I really like it, Pamela...it looks at things from a perspective a lot of people don't normally consider.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

This *is* cool... I didn't twig that it was about Bono until the last lines... and it does ring true. Sometimes I think it's impossible to *really* know famous people, but with someone like Bono who seems to put all of himself into the music we all know... *shrug* It's good that we can appreciate that what we listen to is more than just music....

Back
Top Bottom