Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and lol, the high school i went to is now so ghetto, a couple years after i graduated, someone put a bomb (obviously just a little one) through that same vice principal's window. i thought it was karma for him letting his daughter and her buddies slide for buying research papers off the internet :giggle:

i just remembered too what happened was they all got a 50 for their paper, which of course isn't a great grade but still, they all passed. i was like uhhh, you copy someone's work, you get a 0. not a 50. wait till they get to college where if you plagiarize, you get a 0 AND get kicked out of school.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i had the same teacher the year before too, and helped her out during my free period sometimes (yes i was a teacher's pet lol, but she was really nice) and she complained to me about it and how she thought it was unfair and she would've rather failed them all. so at least i knew it wasn't her choice to give them a second chance.

Yeah, didn't sound like it would've been. I'm kind of a kiss-ass, too, but it's hard no to be. The class is easier with the teacher on your side.

unico said:
research papers are a pain in the ass because theres a specific template to stick to. but i do find it fun sometimes because you're bringing together other people's research and tying it together with another thought. it's fun when you discover new relationships with your own surveys.
yeah, i never hated any of the papers i wrote because i got to choose good topics, but i just hate the templates. i'd just much rather have been able to write the paper and cite my works like a traditional essay. but given how many kids in high school buy papers online and shit, i can see why they hold their hands and make them turn in cards, drafts, sources, etc.

I'm kind of glad we went through step-by-step though. It made it a fairly easy process. I'm just a procrastinator and put everything off until the night before it's due, but end up getting it done anyway. Someday it's going to epically fail, and I have a feeling that it'll be soon.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, didn't sound like it would've been. I'm kind of a kiss-ass, too, but it's hard no to be. The class is easier with the teacher on your side.
exactly. plus, being really nice to the teacher has its advantages. my chemistry teacher knew i knew the material so well he let me sleep in class (my previous class was close by so i'd get there, read the chapter, and do my homework before class even started!) while he taught everyone else. my biology teacher probably helped me out (srsly, i hate biology) in ways that had anyone known, he would've been fired. sometimes when placing the test on my desk, he'd hand me the answer key too :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i never hated any of the papers i wrote because i got to choose good topics, but i just hate the templates. i'd just much rather have been able to write the paper and cite my works like a traditional essay. but given how many kids in high school buy papers online and shit, i can see why they hold their hands and make them turn in cards, drafts, sources, etc.

i've never understood the point in buying papers online. did they really think the teachers wouldn't notice??

Screwtape2 said:

False. I like both your playlists. I honestly don't know who I'll choose.

By the way I stopped telling people who and why I voted because you keep making fun of how I vote. :down:

Screwtape, there is a difference between criticizing someone and making fun of them. I questioned how you were voting because it's not a concept tournament like Symphonic Island. I thought you were placing too much emphasis on a concept and not as much on the songs and how they worked as a cohesive package. That is not making fun of you.

unico said:
i've never understood the point in buying papers online. did they really think the teachers wouldn't notice??
i know, especially since they always say they have tools to find that stuff out. like what, they want to call their bluff? they think their teacher is too stupid or not tech savvy enough to know where to look? :rolleyes:

phanan said:

Screwtape, there is a difference between criticizing someone and making fun of them. I questioned how you were voting because it's not a concept tournament like Symphonic Island. I thought you were placing too much emphasis on a concept and not as much on the songs and how they worked as a cohesive package. That is not making fun of you.

Sarcastically making light of how I vote is making fun not criticizing. I can vote however I want. It is a hell of a lot better than the way most people do.

phanan said:

Exactly. It's good-natured ribbing, if anything.

Screwtape2 said:

Sarcastically making light of how I vote is making fun not criticizing. I can vote however I want. It is a hell of a lot better than the way most people do.

You can, and that's totally cool, but other people are allowed to vote how they want to. Even incorrectly.

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:

I admit it is snobbish. I think however few people assess and give the kind of feedback I do. Re-read my posts from the first round. I put a lot into giving positive feedback.

Positive feedback?

All I remember was a discussion on how using songs from soundtracks stifles creativity and makes it look like you're pulling from someone else's medium when you include about 6 on your own list.

That doesn't help, it just makes me question what the hell you're talking about.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Positive feedback?

All I remember was a discussion on how using songs from soundtracks stifles creativity and makes it look like you're pulling from someone else's medium when you include about 6 on your own list.

That doesn't help, it just makes me question what the hell you're talking about.

Fuck off, LMP.

I gave you lots of positive feedback. :down:

Screwtape2 said:

Sarcastically making light of how I vote is making fun not criticizing.

I wasn't being sarcastic, though. I was speaking the truth.

Screwtape2 said:
I can vote however I want. It is a hell of a lot better than the way most people do.

Despite not agreeing with some of your conclusions in your voting, you certainly do take the time to listen to the playlists and offer feedback, and I've never questioned that.

phanan said:

Come on, man. You're better than that.

Oh, and good luck later at the library. :up:

I shouldn't have said that but I can't believe he forgot about my entire post about his playlist:

"Now LemonMacPhisto I liked yours as well. I liked a lot of the song choices. It had some great moments. It sucks that you are in this tough group because I would like to vote for you more than I think I will.

Here's some of what I liked:
4. Prince & the Revolution - “Kiss” - Parade (3:46)
5. U2 - “Mysterious Ways - Achtung Baby (4:03)

18. Miles Davis - “My Ship” - Miles Ahead (4:24)

21. Arcade Fire - “Black Mirror” - Neon Bible (4:13)
22. Pink Floyd - “One of These Days” - Meddle (5:15)
23. David Bowie - “Moonage Daydream” - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (4:40)

Good luck."

No, you fuck off Screwsy:

No I mean I will tend to vote for something that had more effort. Too much of LMP's choices come from soundtracks. I just wonder sometimes if the deciding factor in a close match should be that lack of effort.

I think LemonMacPhisto is going to win it all again. The best playlists are really pushing Interference. No one is making a greatest hits collection except LMP. Every playlist I've seen has a few songs that people won't like including my own.

Thanks for the kind words after, but if that's some sort of amazing critique, then goddamn, you win.

I just don't understand how you're immune from the same criticism that you give me.

This isn't a big deal, let's move on.

I gotta go. Talk to you guys later. :wave:

okay i feel bad, the girl sitting next to me at work is sitting here crying, i was trying not to eavesdrop but it sounded like she was arguing with someone on the phone, but i don't wanna be nosy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom