This True? The Return of Walk On?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not only is it true, we already have video from a cameraphone!

I hope this link still works: http://s4.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3SI28EWVRRT9L1Y9QYDL92HNW5

I agree that the full band version is needed now, but we really need a proper acoustic version. This version was - lets say it as nice a possible- a bit rough.

jphelmet said:
I agree that the full band version is needed now, but we really need a proper acoustic version. This version was - lets say it as nice a possible- a bit rough.

But pretty damn funny!

jphelmet said:

what do you expect, they have never done it acoustically before:shrug:

Thank you very much for the link. :up:

That performance is :yawn:, though. It may have worked better at the show...but Walk On without the electrical guitar riff? That demands a little more than just playing the basic chords like Edge does...

Credits to the band though, for at least doing something to provide something new - but could you please rehearse just a little more before the show? People are not there to watch you rehearse.

People complain they want them to be more spontaneous...if they had rehearsed it, it would have been preplanned...i think it is better that it was a complete surprise:shrug:

Oh, it could still have been a surprise even if it had been better rehearsed.

We would have got word of it...I think the band just decided Walk On before they came on...i don't think that because it wasn't perfect that the band shortchanged the fans there in anyway...and in all likelihood the next time they play, it will definitely be much better...

See, you're already expecting it to pop up again, which means that the element of surprise is already gone :wink:....so wouldn't it have been better to have a full band version of it in the first place and at the rest of the shows?

U2Man said:
Walk On without the electrical guitar riff? That demands a little more than just playing the basic chords like Edge does...

You should send a letter to The Edge :lol:

Dear The Edge,
I know that i never made a record, but i have a guitar and i play every saturday with my friends, so believe me, i can teach you how to play.
I can help you for the setlist and for your next record too.

guill said:

You should send a letter to The Edge :lol:

Dear The Edge,
I know that i never made a record, but i have a guitar and i play every saturday with my friends, so believe me, i can teach you how to play.
I can help you for the setlist and for your next record too.

That letter is already sent, but he replied that he had no influence in the band whatsoever because a person called guill had told the world that Bono decides everything in U2.

Last edited:
U2Man said:
See, you're already expecting it to pop up again, which means that the element of surprise is already gone :wink:....so wouldn't it have been better to have a full band version of it in the first place and at the rest of the shows?

No but it was the surprise tonight...if they do a better acoustic or full band...either way it doesn't really matter to me...i just care that they played it.:wink:

Was it just a snipit of The First Time or the full song? my o' my, they're starting to pull out some great songs.

Lo-Fi said:
Was it just a snipit of The First Time or the full song? my o' my, they're starting to pull out some great songs.

Full song, but only Bono & Edge.

Just read this quote from someone who went to the gig last nite...

"On Walk On, Bono forgot the closing lyrics of the song. It took what seemed like an eternity for someone to find the lyrics for him. It was fun to see them try to pull out some old material.":huh:

This is just lame. U2 pull out a couple of total surprises and people STILL complain. My goodness.

In any case, those who've reported back from the show say Walk On was great and the atmosphere during the song was wonderful and unifying - I believe one post said it was like in a small club.

Oh, Axver what did you think about the flow from The Fly to With or Without You last night? :wink:

U2Man said:
Oh, Axver what did you think about the flow from The Fly to With or Without You last night? :wink:

Lame and the song order needs to be changed.

But I've been saying that part of the set's weak for months and when/if they change it, I'll be happy. But it seems that when people complain for new U2 material, they often complain when they get it. It happened with I Will Follow, All I Want Is You, Miss Sarajevo, and even seems to now be happening with The First Time (!) and Walk On.

Axver said:

Lame and the song order needs to be changed.

But I've been saying that part of the set's weak for months and when/if they change it, I'll be happy. But it seems that when people complain for new U2 material, they often complain when they get it. It happened with I Will Follow, All I Want Is You, Miss Sarajevo, and even seems to now be happening with The First Time (!) and Walk On.

No, as I said, it is great that they pull out new songs - and it may have been a whole other experience at the show than what I could see in that tiny video clip....but I'm baffled at the fact that they weren't better rehearsed. I mean, they didn't even have the emergency lyrics piece of paper ready, when Bono's memory let him down.

^hence why i think it was spur of the moment almost

Or Bono may have thought he could remember the lyrics...he did right up until the building outro part...but he must have just gone blank afterwards:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom