There comes a day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
There comes a day when a man realizes that he will never be able to sing like Bono, drum like Larry, play like Edge and do what ever Adam does to make him so great like Adam.

And today was my day. :(

There comes a day when a man realises he will never be The Edge, but he can play a damn fun air guitar along with Edge anyway!

Tarvark said:
There comes a day when a man realizes that he will never be able to sing like Bono, drum like Larry, play like Edge and do what ever Adam does to make him so great like Adam.

*plays Taps*

And there comes a day when a girl realizes that by the time she has enough money to go see those wonderful men, they will probably not be touring anymore. :(

I had one of those days.

Re: Re: There comes a day...

LikeNoOneBefore said:

*plays Taps*

And there comes a day when a girl realizes that by the time she has enough money to go see those wonderful men, they will probably not be touring anymore. :(

I had one of those days.

I haven't seen them either yet...keep your hopes up..i just spend hours listening to bootlegs thinking about how great it would be to see them...that is why i praying they come back to Europe at some point next year...

Re: Re: Re: There comes a day...

LJT said:

I haven't seen them either yet...keep your hopes up..i just spend hours listening to bootlegs thinking about how great it would be to see them...that is why i praying they come back to Europe at some point next year...

Yeah they're coming to Chicago (the area where I live), but of course, it's sold out.

Re: Re: Re: Re: There comes a day...

LikeNoOneBefore said:

Yeah they're coming to Chicago (the area where I live), but of course, it's sold out.

theyll rerelease some tickets on ticketmaster.com the week before shows, so keep checking

last time they played chicago i pulled up a row 1 seat the night before the show

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: There comes a day...

Chizip said:

theyll rerelease some tickets on ticketmaster.com the week before shows, so keep checking

last time they played chicago i pulled up a row 1 seat the night before the show

Wow I bow to you for being able to pull that off. XD

Well, also I doubt I'd have the money, but thanks for having faith, everyone! :wink: :laugh:

There also comes a day when you realize that everyone here is crazy...

Fourtunatly I had that day long ago... :wink:

Tarvark said:

What do you play? Ive had thoughts like that, but NEVER say never, you just dont know what you're capable of doing or what could happen to you. (And Larrys not that great of a drummer :reject: )

Tarvark said:
There also comes a day when you realize that everyone here is crazy...

Fourtunatly I had that day long ago... :wink:

I think I had that day when I was still a lurker :wink:

As Bono's chest I will never be as good of a guitar player as The Edge :sad:

sometimes monkeys die.

Tarvark said:

Good. Since you broke through that barrier, you can now be better.

(sorry...I'm in Pollyanna mode tonight.... :rolleyes: )

Cool.

As it seems like a number of you play instruments, did u2 inspire you? Can you play alot of U2?

If I were to try and to get in to an instrument (having no musical talent) what would you recomend I look into and how do you recomend I go about it?

Well, I play 3 instruments. Saxophone, piano and guitar. (My skill in each one is in that order. :wink: )

Anyways, learning the sax was inspired by jazz music in general. Piano was inspired by my mom and classical musicians. But the guitar was a combined inspiration from my youth pastor, one of the leaders at my church named Eric, and of course, U2.

I'd recommend piano, actually. It's fairly easy to learn, and you can play a variety of music. It's pretty easy to teach yourself, like I did.

Tarvark said:
Cool.

As it seems like a number of you play instruments, did u2 inspire you? Can you play alot of U2?

If I were to try and to get in to an instrument (having no musical talent) what would you recomend I look into and how do you recomend I go about it?

Well Im no expert Tarvark, but first off you need to evaluate how much free time you have and really how truly motivated you are to learning to play music. Ive played the trumpet for 10 years, and guitart for close to two now. Learning trumpet/ reading music was one of the most challenging things of my teenage years, it keeps getting harder and harder as you advance in material. However, as you say you have no experience, I would recommend that you learn piano. Whether this is feasible or not, I don't know, but if it is for you go for it. The one thing I know is that all the piano players ive ever known have been all-around extraordinary musicians, excelling at multiple instruments. So I would say piano would be a great first instrument for you. And don't expect success instantly or anytime in the near future; unless you're a freak of nature it will probably take you 5-10 years to really excell at it. It all depends how focused you keep yourself and I guess a little raw natural ability. Oh, and definitely take lessons. Learning by yourself would be almost an automatic failure. And let U2 inspire you :wink:

Joshua87 said:

Oh, and definitely take lessons. Learning by yourself would be almost an automatic failure.

That's not always true. My friend Elliott taught himself guitar, and he's amazing. And I taught myself piano, and I'm fairly good at it.

Joshua87 said:

Well Im no expert Tarvark, but first off you need to evaluate how much free time you have and really how truly motivated you are to learning to play music. Ive played the trumpet for 10 years, and guitart for close to two now. Learning trumpet/ reading music was one of the most challenging things of my teenage years, it keeps getting harder and harder as you advance in material. However, as you say you have no experience, I would recommend that you learn piano. Whether this is feasible or not, I don't know, but if it is for you go for it. The one thing I know is that all the piano players ive ever known have been all-around extraordinary musicians, excelling at multiple instruments. So I would say piano would be a great first instrument for you. And don't expect success instantly or anytime in the near future; unless you're a freak of nature it will probably take you 5-10 years to really excell at it. It all depends how focused you keep yourself and I guess a little raw natural ability. Oh, and definitely take lessons. Learning by yourself would be almost an automatic failure. And let U2 inspire you :wink:

i would agree that piano is the place to start. It will give you the proper musical foundation you will need to branch out. Take piano lessons, then play guitar. However, I'm not so sure that guitar lessons are necessary if you want to play rock 'n roll. If you can already play piano, then learning guitar by ear will be a snap.

LikeNoOneBefore said:

That's not always true. My friend Elliott taught himself guitar, and he's amazing. And I taught myself piano, and I'm fairly good at it.

Yes, I saw your post after I did mine. Based on my observations it is much safer to take lessons. I taught myself guitar, but it was after reading music for 8 years. But there are some people who do well without lessons. Lessons (even for a short period of time) are my recommendation.

Joshua87 said:

I taught myself guitar, but it was after reading music for 8 years.

That's true. I taught myself the other instruments after learning saxophone through school. But I really need help with guitar. I don't know what to teach myself anymore. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom