The "Oh My God, Why Didn't I Discover Them Sooner" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I received:

Every White Stripes album
Beck's "Sea Change", "Guero", and "The Information"
The Flaming Lips' "The Soft Bulletin", "Yoshimi...", and "At War With the Mystics"
The Rolling Stones' "Beggars Banquet", "Let It Bleed", and "Sticky Fingers"
TV on the Radio's "Return to Cookie Mountain"
and The Clash's magnum opus "London Calling"

all in the past month from various friends.

Like a fat man after Thanksgiving, I'm still trying to digest all of this awesome.

Has anyone else had moments like these recently, and with which albums/bands?

Wilco. Pure and simple. Why didn't I listen to this band back in 2001? WTF indeed.

Radiohead. If only just a year sooner so I could have seen them on the HTTT Tour.

Ask me in a year or so. After becoming completely about U2, I need to find some more music. 2007 is the year of the phillyfan breaking out. Stay tuned.

Everything I discovered when I broke out of my U2 Shell in July 2006.

Muse, The White Stripes, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Metric ect ect ect!

I was with you until you said Metric.

"COMBAT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY"

"Dead Disco" kicks ass, but I had to listen to "Combat Baby" about 50+ times in class working next to girls who made that song into a music video.

It wasn't pleasant.

How about a song? The first time I heard Pulp's "Common People" was about 5 years after it came out, and my reaction was pretty much "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE????"

corianderstem said:
How about a song? The first time I heard Pulp's "Common People" was about 5 years after it came out, and my reaction was pretty much "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE????"

PULP :heart:

terribly underrated band..I recently got all their albums...and my god:shocked: they fucking rock

this band is pants:drool: ...awesome songs.....:up:

Jarvis Cocker is my god :drool:

babies:drool:
common people:drool:
love is blind:drool:
trees:drool:
pink glove:drool:

PULP! :heart:
I just got into them recently. :drool: I completely agree, they're just amazing.

There's also the Dresden Dolls. :bow:

and Regina Spektor. :heart:

Half of Radiohead's material, pretty much everything post OKC!
Muse
Tori Amos (post Under The Pink)

The Beatles, I first got into them when i was about 10, but I should've got into them as soon as I left my mum's womb.

Radiohead
Moby
Stone Roses
Smiths

The Clash

The Smiths

Radiohead

Johnny Cash (I could never get past the fact that he's a country artist since I hate country music. I didn't get it until I heard his covers of "Personal Jesus" and "Hurt")

Bob Dylan (I only really started liking him this past year. Before I could never get past his nasally voice. Now I just don't care how unpretty his voice is.)

The Ramones

corianderstem said:

hehehehe That's pretty much how I felt back in '98/'99 when I first heard "Party Hard" and the This Is Hardcore album.

But seriously, everyone knows it's ALL ABOUT Do You Remember The First Time? !!!!!
"So you bought a toy that reach the places he never goes/O now it must be great/To be stra888888888888888t!"

Prince, I think is the only major artist I wish I knew about so much sooner due to his pure awesomeness.

LJT said:
Prince, I think is the only major artist I wish I knew about so much sooner due to his pure awesomeness.

I remember my parents DOUBLE surprised me when I was 10 by taking me to see the movie "Purple Rain" the night it came out, and then after the movie at dinner surprising me again by telling me they'd bought tickets for us to go to the concert!

It was the 2nd concert I'd ever been to and it was SO AWESOME (even though my Mom made me close my eyes during certain "sex" parts- :lol: )!!!!!!!

FitzChivalry said:

I remember my parents DOUBLE surprised me when I was 10 by taking me to see the movie "Purple Rain" the night it came out, and then after the movie at dinner surprising me again by telling me they'd bought tickets for us to go to the concert!

It was the 2nd concert I'd ever been to and it was SO AWESOME (even though my Mom made me close my eyes during certain "sex" parts- :lol: )!!!!!!!

That must have been interesting watching Prince going at it with Appolonia while sitting next to your parents. :wink:

corianderstem said:

My cousin used to play that song constantly when i was younger. She loved Pulp. :love:

Theres alot of music i wish i'd discovered earlier. :wink: I would have loved to have seen the ramones live though. :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom