The National are a great band we should keep discussing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently there's a cover of England by . . . Mumford & Sons. Good taste and decorum preclude my posting it here, but it's on YouTube for the sickos who want to see that. Or just watch the Kevin Ware injury 100 times in a row to get the same effect.

NSW and I vomited on it in the last random thread.

I wish you guys would finally just admit that Mumford and Sons are the best band in the world. The Grammy's and commercial radio have irrefutably proved it. This National band hasn't even won a single Grammy award, what a joke! They are obviously terrible, and people who like them are terrible. Deal with it guys, the proof is in the pudding.

3800a2a3.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When do we get to hear the first song off of this?

I remember last time they busted out that awesome version of Terrible Love on Fallon. Maybe they'll do something similar, in terms of a late-night TV introduction to one of the tunes. I don't know.

When do we get to hear the first song off of this?

Every time there's a bump in this thread since the album was announced I've hoped to open it and see the lead single has been released. I am continually disappointed. :sad:

I preordered the album earlier today.

Every time there's a bump in this thread since the album was announced I've hoped to open it and see the lead single has been released. I am continually disappointed. :sad:

I preordered the album earlier today.

Ditto :(

I didn't realize I could preorder yet :hyper:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the cover of the new record had been the cover of 'The National' with a black square plonked over it and the title written in Arial.

They played a concert in Berlin yesterday, featuring ten songs from the new record. The setlist:

Demons
Don't Swallow the Cap
Heavenfaced
Graceless
Fireproof
Slipped
Sea of Love
Humiliation
Pink Rabbits
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Fake Empire

I Should Live in Salt
Mr. November
Terrible Love

There are also clips of Heavenfaced and Fireproof available. I haven't listened to them so I have no idea about the quality. If somebody is growing very impatient, enjoy:

The National - Premiers New Song Heavenfaced in Berlin 2013 - YouTube

The National stellen neues Album 'Trouble Will Find Me' live in Berlin vor - Musikexpress.de

They played a concert in Berlin yesterday, featuring ten songs from the new record. The setlist:

Demons
Don't Swallow the Cap
Heavenfaced
Graceless
Fireproof
Slipped
Sea of Love
Humiliation
Pink Rabbits
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Fake Empire

I Should Live in Salt
Mr. November
Terrible Love

There are also clips of Heavenfaced and Fireproof available. I haven't listened to them so I have no idea about the quality. If somebody is growing very impatient, enjoy:

The National - Premiers New Song Heavenfaced in Berlin 2013 - YouTube

The National stellen neues Album 'Trouble Will Find Me' live in Berlin vor - Musikexpress.de

I could totally pull an In Rainbows and spoil this album for myself right now.

But yeah, I'm not making that mistake again.

Frontman Matt Berninger reveals that a preoccupation with death informed the band's new material. "It's a record about getting older, and all the fascinations and headaches that go with that," he said. "But it's not grim, honestly! It's actually pretty fun. Bands spend a lot of time in vans. You go to sleep knowing you're on a coach that has to get from France to Germany in 10 hours and you wonder, 'What if I never wake up? I have a daughter. What'll happen to her if something happens to me?'"

He added: "There's a lot of big, visceral rock songs on this record; others have a classic feel. I was listening to Roy Orbison, Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan. There's a lot of different colours to this record."

Ha ha, classic Matt with his morose humor. And some here were worried he had mellowed. :wink:

I allowed myself one song. Been listening to Graceless (formerly Prime) quite a bit. Gonna save the rest for the full album listening.

Sorry to tempt you guys. This is my most anticipated album release of the year. Can't wait for the proper album.

Back
Top Bottom