The Mysterious Ways Girl From Anaheim...And Any Other Fans Onstage Pics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2Hearts said:
Hey, Vertigo Gal, which Atl show are you gonna be at? I'll be behind the stage Sat night. I was soo relieved when I got those tickets after crapping out for the 1st show.

I'll be there Saturday too! I'm completely opposite from you, though...uppers at the back of the arena facing the stage, section 304. Oh well, like you I'm happy to be in at all after missing out completely in the first sale!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I wish I could hang out with you too.

Man I'm exicted about seeing them on Bono's Bday! Anyone else just as excited?

we'll miss you, karmic. :( but just remember, you got to experience something that most of us never will- you held bono's hand as he sang to you!!! :drool: lucky, lucky girl!!!

i, for one, am really excited for bono's bday show! although, aside from the conga line, someone said that bono's bday show on the Elevation tour was kinda a let-down. however, i was at larry's bday show in Providence 10/31/01, and it was *fantastic*- they played "party girl" and bono sprayed champagne over the crowd; a bday cake was brought out for larry, and the crowd sang "happy bday"; and we heard "slow dancing"!! :drool: i'm hoping that bono's bday show will be just as fun... :wink:

*Ally* said:

we'll miss you, karmic. :( but just remember, you got to experience something that most of us never will- you held bono's hand as he sang to you!!! :drool: lucky, lucky girl!!!

i, for one, am really excited for bono's bday show! although, aside from the conga line, someone said that bono's bday show on the Elevation tour was kinda a let-down. however, i was at larry's bday show in Providence 10/31/01, and it was *fantastic*- they played "party girl" and bono sprayed champagne over the crowd; a bday cake was brought out for larry, and the crowd sang "happy bday"; and we heard "slow dancing"!! :drool: i'm hoping that bono's bday show will be just as fun... :wink:

Hmm..your lucky that you saw them on Bono's Bday before!! This is my first time seeing U2 on one of the member's bday!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Hmm..your lucky that you saw them on Bono's Bday before!! This is my first time seeing U2 on one of the member's bday!

you're right, i am very fortunate. :yes: and i am sure that the may 10th show will be very special for all of us! :wink:

Billie Midol said:

Thank you...it's loading right now...can't wait to see it! :applaud::hyper:

OMG! I just watched the video! Wow,that was awesome!!!:bow:

Great moves,girl! Love those hand movements, too! You and Bono had some smooth moves going! What a moment that must have been. It's exciting seeing it on video, it must have been unbelievable in person and to be the one he's dancing with!:hyper::applaud:

Thanks for sharing the video!:up:

yeah but I feel like the adrenaline would be so high and you'd be in such shock you wouldn't even notice the thousands of people watching you!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: and you'd probably just dance without thinking about it because you'd be so excited you couldn't think!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Ok I am setting myself up for disappointment :banghead:

I am afraid I might tower over Bono...I am not that tall but I like to wear heels...does he only pick petite girls to come up onstage? Maybe I better wear flats to the show...:hmm:

How about a 6 ft redhead in platforms,Bono?:flirt:

Yeah...as if! :rolleyes: I will just have to live vicariously through those who get up there with him!:wink:

First, I want to say thanks for all the kind words. I've been recovering from one of the best weekends ever experienced! I’ve been a fan for 20 years, and I would never in a million years think I would experience something like this, let alone twice. Just listening to their music that inspires, just seeing them live is a beautiful gift. I'm going to try to put what happened into some semblance of coherency. But, to be honest, there aren't words that can describe it. I'll do my best.

I arrived early morning Sat....around 5:30am, and I'm #4 in line. Surprisingly, I thought there'd be more people. But happy to know that if I didn't get into the ellipse, I could definitely snag a good spot on the outside railing. GA line up procedure went extremely well (at least for SJ1)....so well that I think every other venue should adopt this policy. Got our wristband at 8am and then proceeded to NOT wait in line all day but went to eat a yummy breakfast at IHOP, gave a kiss to my 2 year old at home, took a little nap and waited out backstage for the bandmembers to arrive for soundcheck. As it got closer to 5pm (the time when we were supposed to be back in the GA line), I knew I wouldn't be able to wait for them to come out. Oh well, I really didn't want to lose my place in line so I left. Getting into the building was easy and efficient...I didn't get the beep for the ellipse so went for the "tip" (wouldn't really be called tip since it's a shape of an egg but you get what I mean). I guess you can say I’m glad I didn’t win the ellipse lottery otherwise I wouldn’t have this story to tell :D

Amazing…..absolutely amazing show. No pushing or shoving at all. Not even when Bono or any of the other bandmembers came out near us. LOVED the opener COBL. I didn’t know Bono started out on the ellipse so that was a welcome surprise. Loved all the Boy tunes especially hearing The Ocean and The Electric Co. I lost it during SYCMIOYO. Bono completely let go…talk about raw emotions…WOW! LAPOE rocked. I have a new appreciation for this song – a definite keeper and GREAT live song. RTSS is worth the price of admission alone. So are you still with me…you probably just wanted me to get to Mysterious Ways but I had to give the highlights so far of the night. Obviously, it got better, at least for me :love:

MW started and Bono was grooving up on the main stage. My friend and I thought for sure he would pull someone up front since he was checking people out closely. But instead he meandered down the right side of the ellipse and ended up in front up us. I’m just dancing, and excited he’s within a couple of feet. And literally, with one quick glance, he smiled at me, pointed and motioned for me to come up on stage. OMG! :shocked:. Are you kidding?!?!? I couldn’t believe what was happening. I mean to get to dance with Bono once….but TWICE?!??! I was in shock never expecting this to happen (no signs made like the Elevation Tour). I was extremely grateful to get one dance with him during the Sacramento Elevation show never ever thinking that it could happen again. John (Bono’s bodyguard) and venue security and fans helped me up. I didn’t know what to do…so just started to dance. SOOOO nervous though….I mean this is a DANCE song and I’m no dancer by any means :eek:. I really wanted to grab on to him tight because I felt completely exposed. Everything is a little bit fuzzy from here on out and quite surreal. All I know is I didn’t pull what I did during the Sac Angel of Harlem dance - No Bum Grabbing – hands from waist up only :eek:. We danced a little at the tip, then he grabbed my hand and headed down the other side of the ellipse towards the main stage. I thought the song was pretty much over and thought he’d ask for me to sit on the back of Larry’s drumkit stage. I remember he told Tiffany from Anaheim1 to sit there. Nope….he pulled me towards him and motioned for me to keep on dancing girl…this song ain’t over. More dancing with the B-man. Oh gosh – I’m thinking I look completely ridiculous up here but loving it at the same time because I’m dancing with Bono!!!! And boy, he is BEAUTIFUL :drool:. Then Bono grabbed my hand again and lead me towards the tip of the ellipse. I think (but not sure) that the music stopped. We’re walking slowly and he asked my name. I said “Alli”. He said “Kari?”. And I said, “Alli” again. And then he said, “I think we’ve met somewhere before” or something like that…can’t quite remember. And he gave me a kiss on my hand. Then said to me “I have to go now”. I turned toward the crowd to leave but remembered that I forgot something. I turned back around and gave Bono a kiss on the cheek and whispered “thank you” :love:. Legs shaking and completely in shock from the event that just took place, John helped me off the stage and I collapsed into my friend’s arms. Unbelievable…I’m the luckiest girl in the world!!! I’m still on a cloud and don’t think I’m ever coming down. Thank you Bono for the most AMAZING experience! :heart:

If anyone has pics of Bono and me dancing, I would appreciate it if you could post (or send them to Allison_wong17@yahoo.com). I didn’t get any pics from my own camera because it was in my hand the entire time while onstage. :der: I should’ve thrown it to my friend….oh well….I do have a few that I’ll post soon. Someone has a video of it too but I’m not tech savvy so wouldn’t know how to post. Thanks for listening to my story…and more importantly, thanks to all the incredible U2 fans!!

PS-does anyone know what happened after I left the stage. I heard Bono was supposed to wrap things up because they were supposed to head off stage for their encore. Larry was pointing at his watch and Edge and Adam were laughing and a little peeved that Bono took so long on the ellipse. Is that right? Another story said that Bono and the band members remembered I got up on stage before and they were laughing about that? I doubt Bono remembers me from the Sacramento show. Anyone know what happened?

Thanks again for listening...and hope to see you on the Vertigo Tour (Sea 1/2, MSG - Oct, Oak)!

xo,
Alli

Thanks for posting that, Alli! Not a lot of people can say they've been pulled up twice at a U2 concert! There must be something about you that Bono can't resist. :wink: But yeah... Congrats, congrats, congrats! That is just so unbelievably awesome. :D

Last edited:
Alli, your story is great in so many ways!
Two days ago I read your post about your Sacamento experience for the first time. Everytime I remember about it, no matter what I'm doing, I laugh so much that tears come to my eyes (and the pictures are both cute and funny).
Congratulations and thank you for sharing it with us. It is so good knowing how happy our favourite band can always make us, fans, feel.
:wink:

I can't believe I just read this whole thread! I want to explore more of the forum, but OMG, it's humungous!

“I think we’ve met somewhere before”

*dies*

Thanks for the story Alli! That would be quite a feet for me given my nose bleed seats. At least I can live vicariously.

I also just watched the Iris video. Man that girl can dance! Could you imagine being able to sit right behind Larry to watch him drum?

*dies again*

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:

We’re walking slowly and he asked my name. I said “Alli”. He said “Kari?”. And I said, “Alli” again. And then he said, “I think we’ve met somewhere before” or something like that…can’t quite remember.
PS-does anyone know what happened after I left the stage. I heard Bono was supposed to wrap things up because they were supposed to head off stage for their encore. Larry was pointing at his watch and Edge and Adam were laughing and a little peeved that Bono took so long on the ellipse. Is that right? Another story said that Bono and the band members remembered I got up on stage before and they were laughing about that? I doubt Bono remembers me from the Sacramento show. Anyone know what happened?

that is what he said..the two of you were standing right in front of us when he said that...

As far as the encore goes, I remember Adam and Edge with their instruments off ready to walk off. The band were laughing about something, not sure what, Bono said something and next thing I know I see Edge getting his guitar back on. That's all I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom