The Irony of the Hollywood Liberal Left Protesters..(buckle up-explosive topic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
db9, time to change the pic in your sig.

1046445289.2348900419.jpg

Dave_BONO_08.jpg

my buddy and I.
I remember thinking.."hey Bono got a Peace sign going on there":)

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
Not all of us are so easily led. I don't think anyone here has that problem. So the ones you are referring to don't read, listen or otherwise educate themselves. Can't hold back from everyone else because of the unlightened ones. There is some really serious stuff out there but for the most part entertainment is just that, entertainment. Sorry for some of the few that take it too seriously, but I not willing to give up my rights to see, listen and participate because some get it wrong.:yawn: :sigh:
Nite all..

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
sheryl crow who is one of the most outspoken musicians in this anti-war movement yet traveled with hillary clinton to kosovo in support of our millitary action there

Sounds like the "I am against war with a Republican Commander-in-Chief" principle to me.

wait... the celebrity protesters, such as sheryl crow who is one of the most outspoken musicians in this anti-war movement yet traveled with hillary clinton to kosovo in support of our millitary action there, are slanted towards the left? :scratch:

Just because you're opposed to war on Iraq doesn't mean you have to be opposed to all wars. I know lots of people who are passionately against war on Iraq but who supported war in Afghanistan, or indeed in Kosovo for that matter.

Just look at the vote in the UK Parliament this week - 199 MPs voted for an amendment saying war is unjustified at this time, and yet there was very little opposition to the attack on Afghanistan in 2001.

Unless you're a pacifist there's absolutely no contradiction in opposing one war but supporting another.

And Sheryl Crow rocks for no other reason than that her music is excellent :happy:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Just because you're opposed to war on Iraq doesn't mean you have to be opposed to all wars. I know lots of people who are passionately against war on Iraq but who supported war in Afghanistan, or indeed in Kosovo for that matter.

It's just easier for warmongers to have a temper tantrum if they think *everyone* is against them. It's that "martyr" / "moral crusade" satisfaction they get.

Melon

nb
and
headache have it right.
the rest of u are living in denial.

futhermore-
bono was against Iraq Pt 1.
Was he correct?
I
think
not.:angry:

love
diamond
:)

thank u.
:dance:

Last edited:
yeah... ok...
slobodon... horrific dictator who killed off his own people in nazi like death camps
saddam... horrific dictator who kills off his own people by unleashing biological and chemical warfare on them
slobodon... no real threat to anyone except people within the states of the former yugoslavia
saddam... already been in wars with many of his arab neighbors... attempted to take over kuwait, with saudi arabia as his next target... has repeatedly lobbed missiles at tel aviv... has biological and chemical weapons, has all the materials neccesary to put to gether a "dirty" nuclear device, and is actively pursuing a full fleged nuclear program
slobodon...
clinton-dogcrotch.jpg

saddam...
bush_turkey.jpg

yeah... i deffinetly see why she supported that war and not that one... you're right... it was a completely unbiased decision

Last edited:
slobodon... horrific dictator who killed off his own people in nazi like death camps

What are you talking about?

He slaughtered Croats, Bosnian Muslims and Kosovar Muslims. He did not put his own people (ie. Serbs) in death like camps, nor did his forces rape Serbian women.

when i said "own people" i meant as in people from all of the former yugoslavia... not spliting them up into their respective ethnic groups. that's how a friend of mine who grew up in belgrade always put it, so that's how i put it as well. i appologize for not being more clear in that regards

Last edited:
Re: i like your new sig. too

deep said:
nbCrusader,

I think what scarlot is referring to - is what I just heard on the radio.

The Bush administration is planning on tying aids relief to the "Mexico City Policy"

Mexico City Policy states that no aid can be given to any group that is involved with abortion. In many poor nations only one clinic provides all health needs. Hence, many will not recieve aids relief/ drugs and die.

Thank you Deep. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. That was exactly what I meant. But I was too ticked to articulate my position in a positive manner.
Thanks.

and the cia today arrested khalid shaikh mohammed... the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks and the #3 most sought after person in the war on terror, behind only mullah mohammed omar and UBL himself, who may or may not even be alive. yup... america's really ignoring al qaeda and mainly focusing on iraq.

p.s. NY times also tells that it was the Pakistianis who did it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/02/international/asia/02STAN.html?th

SLAMABAD, Pakistan, March 1 ? Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, suspected of planning the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington and one of the F.B.I.'s most wanted terrorists, was detained by Pakistani authorities this morning and is now in American custody, officials said.

Klaus-
the usa has patiently exhausted all options.
why is it you and ppl w/your mindset think it's ok to coddle muderous hateful dictators esp when everyone knows it's-
failed in the past
and
by coddling these thugs it has enabled them to disregard the safety of others?

Your logic baffles us.
DB9

diamond:
Why do all the left protesters call me a warhawk and why do the warhawks call me a leftist?

Both of you don't want to see that there is a possibility between coddling and starting a war.
Bush and Schroeder both did the same mistake. They decided pro/anti war far before they had enough informations. And both sides like to ignore every fact that dosn't fit to their position.

If we - the "civilized world" - stop to respect international laws and other opinions we can't convince others to do so.
Both sides start to put presure on other countries to "convince" them instead of good arguments.

Iraq destroyed today another 6 Al-Samud-rockets - this showed that UN weapon inspections can work. At least as long as several big countries help the UN to suceed.

Klaus

6 weapons:hmm:

if it werent for Bush and the internatinal community those 6 weapons would still b there.
history shows that Saddam will never fully dis-arm.
So what gives?

diamond

furthurmore-
6 weapons..:hmm:?

thats like Imelda Marcos surrendering 6 pairs of shoes to the shoe police after 12 patient years:angry:
not even "the tip of an iceberg"..:angry:

thank u
DB9

Last edited:
i love how most people allegedly don't agree with this war, yet every poll from gallop to usa today to cnn to who ever the hell else is puttin' out polls these days... they all have around a 60% apporval rating from the american citizens... if that were an election, it would be considered a landslide.

but let me just switch my opinion right away because bono, who's been a pacifist his entire life, is against war... what a huge friggin surprise. but at least he admits that the people who say this war is about oil have no idea what they're talking about

if the iraqis keep up the pace of destroying 6 weapons at a time, we're gonna be sitting here for another 25 years

i believe there's a few resolutions passed by the united nations that iraq has been violating for the past 12 years, is still violating today, and will continue to violate as long as they are allowed to do so.

and you're right... i only see two options. either the iraqis comply, which they haven't, or the international community forces them to comply. if the international community does not force the iraqis to comply to 10 year old un sanctions, then the un is now nothing more than another shiny building on the new york skyline

it was nice of saddam to volunteer one biological weapon the other day... woo hoo the inspections are working... but wait a minute, hasn't saddam said for months now that there is not a single biological weapon in his entire country?

the pakistani intellegence community couldn't wipe a poop out of their pants without the help of CIA and the FBI. and if you honestly believe that the pakistani government arrested mohammed on their own, i've got some nice real estate in northern jersey to sell ya', just outside of the meadowlands, hoffa estates.

if the international community does not force the iraqis to comply to 10 year old un sanctions, then the un is now nothing more than another shiny building on the new york skyline

Quite frankly, I think that's exactly what Bush wants. He doesn't expect the UN to agree, and he'll use it as an opportunity to summarily dismiss the UN, which would please his religious right followers (who see the UN as the personification of the seven-horned beast in Revelation).

Melon

melon said:

Quite frankly, I think that's exactly what Bush wants. He doesn't expect the UN to agree, and he'll use it as an opportunity to summarily dismiss the UN.

Melon

:yes:

but at least he admits that the people who say this war is about oil have no idea what they're talking about

That would be fine, had he actually said that. What he said is that he doesn't believe BLAIR is going to war for oil. Bush still might be. :sexywink:

melon said:

Quite frankly, I think that's exactly what Bush wants. He doesn't expect the UN to agree, and he'll use it as an opportunity to summarily dismiss the UN, which would please his religious right followers (who see the UN as the personification of the seven-horned beast in Revelation).

Melon

that is one of the single most asinine things i have ever heard in my life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom