the guys' houses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit, that when I was in Dublin last year I also had a look at Bono's gates. We stood in front of the gates for about 2-3 minutes and that's it...
After that we went to the (really beautiful) beach below his house! I would not go any further (as I have respect for Bono's privacy) and as far as I know Bono never complained about such things (as long as you are polite, of course)!
By the way- his gates are really cool- all the stuff that's written on it... And I did not feel like I disturbed his privacy or sth, as the walls/gates are really high, so that you are not able to see anything you should not see....
(Oh - and I even knew that Bono and his family were in the USA during my time in Dublin! So I hope nobody complains ;-)

By the way- I read that Bono wanted to go to Dylan's house the first time he was in LA in the 80s (correct me, if I am wrong)- so I guess he at least partly understands his fans...

Last edited:
Bona Vox said:
I have to admit, that when I was in Dublin last year I also had a look at Bono's gates. We stood in front of the gates for about 2-3 minutes and that's it...
After that we went to the (really beautiful) beach below his house! I would not go any further (as I have respect for Bono's privacy) and as far as I know Bono never complained about such things (as long as you are polite, of course)! By the way- his gates are really cool- all the stuff that's written on it... And I did not feel like I disturbed his privacy or sth, as the walls/gates are really high, so that you are not able to see anything you should not see....

By the way- I read that Bono wanted to go to Dylan's house the first time he was in LA in the 80s (correct me, if I am wrong)- so I guess he at least partly understands his fans...

Doesn't he have message written on his gates to his fans? Those gates a beautiful:drool:

Bona Vox said:

I think I remember that too.
He's said a number of times, that he understands fans because he's one too.
:heart:

MBS said:

I think I remember that too.
He's said a number of times, that he understands fans because he's one too.
:heart:

awwwww:heart: he's so squishable

:lmao: that just came out

The photos of the houses posted are really no different to what would be publicly available if any of their houses were placed on the market. I see no problem provided it is kept reasonable and respectful.

MBS said:

:lmao: Dis!

:shifty:
But it's true! :cute: :heart:

Now, why won't he show up at my house and give me a nice big, long...

hug

Yes hug. What did you think I was gonna say? :shame:

:wink:

:drool: :drool:

you should send him directions:yes: Then he could stand outside your gates and take pictures:lmao:

financeguy said:
The photos of the houses posted are really no different to what would be publicly available if any of their houses were placed on the market. I see no problem provided it is kept reasonable and respectful.

:up: :)

Dismantled said:

:drool :drool

you should send him directions:yes: Then he could stand outside your gates and take pictures:lmao:

I should :hyper:!!

He can enter my gates anytime. :shifty:

Taking pictures though? :hmm: Kinda kinky?
:lmao:

I think it's a normal thing to be curious...I mean, we're all reading the thread. :eyebrow: I would really put the brakes on at baby pics, etc., but wanting to see the guys' homes (from a distance) is just a part of wondering what kind of environment inspires them to be the brilliant artists they are.

With this in mind, I'm giving tours of my property tomorrow, from 9-5. :wink:

angelordevil said:
I think it's a normal thing to be curious...I mean, we're all reading the thread. :eyebrow: I would really put the brakes on at baby pics, etc., but wanting to see the guys' homes (from a distance) is just a part of wondering what kind of environment inspires them to be the brilliant artists they are.

Just checked your location and I'm afraid I won't be able to make it.:(

angelordevil said:

:up:

Ok...I'll be there at 8:45 camera in hand:wink:

I'd feel very wierd hanging around their houses...but if I sort of 'happened' to be in the neighbourhood...why not take a look around :angel:
no cameras though :slant:

arhitetka said:
I'd feel very wierd hanging around their houses...but if I sort of 'happened' to be in the neighbourhood...why not take a look around :angel:
no cameras though :slant:

no harm in looking:wink:.....I know what you mean about feeling werid about the camera, I felt that way when I met B....it just didn't feel right to take a pic.....well that and I forgot my camera...but if I had it I wouldn't have taken it.:huh:

Dismantled said:

no harm in looking:wink:.....I know what you mean about feeling werid about the camera, I felt that way when I met B....it just didn't feel right to take a pic.....well that and I forgot my camera...but if I had it I wouldn't have taken it.:huh:

Well it's hard to take a picture when your smushed up against glass and gesturing wildly......
And all that drool, you'd prob just drop the camera...

:tongue:

Jk my dear....
You weren't smushed against the glass.

:laugh::hug:

u2granny said:

Just checked your location and I'm afraid I won't be able to make it.:(

What?! I made cookies too.....:sad:

On a side note, isn't it sad that celebrities have to have gates, etc., when they reach a certain stature? Where I live, we don't even lock the house door during the day.

angelordevil said:

What?! I made cookies too.....:sad:

On a side note, isn't it sad that celebrities have to have gates, etc., when they reach a certain stature? Where I live, we don't even lock the house door during the day.

Pft.
There's tons of houses in my area with big gates and walls.

Must be wannabe celebraties....

Ooo!

Maybe B has a secret lair here!!!

:hyper:

Scuse me, I have to go .....

do things...

:shifty:

:p

MBS said:

Well it's hard to take a picture when your smushed up against glass and gesturing wildly......
And all that drool, you'd prob just drop the camera...

:tongue:

Jk my dear....
You weren't smushed against the glass.

:laugh::hug:

noooo I wasn't smooshed:madspit: I was gracefully and polietly standing off to the side feeling like a total dork:lmao: until he of course turned and started gesturing and speaking...then all hell broke loose, I morphed into a rabid baboon:lmao:....

not really......:wink: I was cool....kinda:huh:

ok..not at all:lmao:

Dismantled said:

noooo I wasn't smooshed:madspit: I was gracefully and polietly standing off to the side feeling like a total dork:lmao: until he of course turned and started gesturing and speaking...then all hell broke loose, I morphed into a rabid baboon:lmao:....

not really......:wink: I was cool....kinda:huh:

ok..not at all:lmao:

If I saw/met any of them I'd probably stare at them like and idiot and not say anything just :drool:

And i'm sorry you didn't have your camera...but at least we can count on our cell phones :wink:

arhitetka said:

If I saw/met any of them I'd probably stare at them like and idiot and not say anything just :drool:

And i'm sorry you didn't have your camera...but at least we can count on our cell phones :wink:

mine doesn't have a camera
10.gif

yeah...I was pretty brave gesturing and talking to B through glass...as soon as he came out I stared like an idiot:lmao:

Dismantled said:

mine doesn't have a camera
10.gif

yeah...I was pretty brave gesturing and talking to B through glass...as soon as he came out I stared like an idiot:lmao:

I get that a lot too...fans running up to my Echo...I take it all in stride:wink:

angelordevil said:

I get that a lot too...fans running up to my Echo...I take it all in stride:wink:

:lmao: yeah....but I hate the finger prints all over my Vue:lmao: they all wanna check it out, ooooh and ahh over my CD player:lmao:

actually the glass was a window.. he was in a hotel and I was outside......just standing there..minding my own business:whistle:

GracelandHarley said:

Cool pics! Did you take them, S?

I wish I did... :wink:
nope. I right-click-saved them all from Pleba :D
I didn't see any of the guys' houses when I went to Ireland, and the funny thing is, I was staying in the same neighbourhood as Adam! :ohmy:
I went to Howth, too, but didn't manage to find Larry's house. I wandered through the whole city (that's HUGE, and terribly uphill :huh:) ... I remember freaking out at some point :crazy: I was so tired of walking, and the weather was horrible, so I just sat down on a bench and wrote something like "Larry where the f*ck do you live?!" on it with a red marking pen.... only in Italian :wink:

:reject:

sraphim said:

I was so tired of walking, and the weather was horrible, so I just sat down on a bench and wrote something like "Larry where the f*ck do you live?!" on it with a red marking pen.... only in Italian :wink:

:reject:

funniest thing ever!:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom