The Cobblers Two 156 Roma St, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia - Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!

They're releasing it on my b-day!!!! :panic: MUST PRE-ORDER!!!! holyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuck

Reggo is pleased.

Nicely summarised, Reggo! :lol:

They are, aren't they... :sympathy: :wink:

I must have missed the genesis of this friggin' cobblers thing, but :cobblersyeah:!

I dunno what u2start has done to itself, but it doesn't agree with the clapped-out version of IE that we have at work here. Not that it looks like any Aussie bootlegs have surfaced yet anyway... And not that I could DL them at work even if they had.

Must fix comp... :|

Must post in Reboot Yourself forum...

I dunno what u2start has done to itself, but it doesn't agree with the clapped-out version of IE that we have at work here. Not that it looks like any Aussie bootlegs have surfaced yet anyway... And not that I could DL them at work even if they had.

I thought there were a couple of recordings doing the rounds? I know there's one of Melbourne II, by the same guy who recorded that Cloud Control gig you saw (wish he'd gone to the one I saw too!).

God dammit, interference, I don't have an Android, iPad, iPhone, or any other bloody iThings! Make that ad go away! I paid good money to get rid of ads here. :grumpy:

I thought there were a couple of recordings doing the rounds? I know there's one of Melbourne II, by the same guy who recorded that Cloud Control gig you saw (wish he'd gone to the one I saw too!).

The one that Triple J also recorded? Heh.

Ah... every time I tried to search, I just got a message saying the database was loading or something, and nothing happened. IE had a message saying "Done, but with errors on page". *RE*

*patience, Alison*...

How are you, Ax/Ashley/Vlad?

Actually, I should probably go home...

:wave:

voted in the hottest 100.

if Plans by Birds of Tokyo makes the top 100 i'll happily do jail time for killing every person that voted for it.

So don't get how Birds Of Tokyo suddenly became popular.

I'm still dithering with my Hottest 100 vote. Plenty of songs I'd like to write in, but write-ins never have a hope.

Irishteen said:
Ah terrible I take it?

Far from terrible. But the song that will finish in the top 3 isn't worthy.

Haven't heard the first album, second one is pretty awesome...not so keen on the latest one.

YouTube Birds Of Tokyo - Silhouettic (I'd provide the link but I'm in on my phone)

I've heard their first album, had it since it leaked, and I think it's some pretty bland hard rock with the occasional prog metal flourish ... subsequent singles have just struck me as a watered down equivalent. Not really a fan; don't get how they're now playing Festy Hall and stuff.

We were meant to be going to a gig tonight but it's not to be. And the lunar eclipse isn't even visible thanks to cloud cover. :sigh:

From what the radio was saying, it wasn't even a proper sort of eclipse, just the moon turning red (presumably going through the Earth's penumbra rather than the umbra). I didn't see it either - aside from the clouds, we don't get a good view to the east here.

Also, I am bemused by the number of Australian bands with international-sounding names; see Birds of Tokyo, Architecture in Helsinki, and doubtless others I can't remember offhand (I don't suppose Washington counts).

Then you have bands coming from the UK with names like The Wombats... *L*

And they all tend to bore me to death. I've never really been a fan of Oz musics at all. Eh.

250 eh's.

Snow? In Australia? In December?! Tell me the news was just punking me.

Vlad, man, there are so many good Aussie bands. Don't really know why you're so quick to dismiss this country's music when there is so much good stuff being made here.

Reggo, nope, there's been snow in the high country. Not the first time recently either - some towns in the Victorian Alps had a white Christmas in, I think, 2007.

lol lol lol "victorian alps" lulz

Morning, folks. :wave:

Alison, remember the Tamborine "Mountains" behind the Gold Coast that I pointed out from the train? This country doesn't know what a mountain is!

Back
Top Bottom