Sydney Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to stock up tomorrow. My stocks are a little low now thanks to the Good Times that followed PhD offer notification. :laugh:

I have no idea! I'm thinking something flash, since my father gave me some money to grab something good. I'd love to find a gewurztraminer. And some awesome red. But I imagine tomorrow bottle-os will be crowded as hell and I won't be able to browse at my leisure. :sigh:

FOAD Christmas.

I like to be able to casually browse without loads of people stuffing around!

I hate searching for wine though, because half the time I've no idea what I want, and the other half when I do, it can be such a mission to find. I'd prefer to order it online, but uh ...

And I STILL haven't worked out what special food to buy for Christmas. Why didn't I think about this a week ago? Oh, that's right, because I was all dead serious about "no way can it be Christmas yet" and still mentally livin' in the past, i.e. November.

See, pasta is what I normally have for dinner, haha. Maybe I'll do it in an elaborate way though.

I should buy exorbitant amounts of chocolate because, fuck, it's Christmas.

I was going to make a lot of my own pies, but the pastry sucks. :(

See, pasta is what I normally have for dinner, haha. Maybe I'll do it in an elaborate way though.

I should buy exorbitant amounts of chocolate because, fuck, it's Christmas.

I was going to make a lot of my own pies, but the pastry sucks. :(

Elaborate pasta FTW! Make some really good sauce, possibly involving wine.

Yes, get heaps of Lindt Sexcellence!

Elaborate pasta FTW! Make some really good sauce, possibly involving wine.

Yes, get heaps of Lindt Sexcellence!

I usually put red wine in my sauce. :drool: Might buy gnocchi ... I used to make that all the time, to the point it was a Superthread joke, but I don't think I've had it AT ALL in 2009 and I was introduced to it on a Christmas Day many years ago, so it may be fitting. I wonder what elaborate things I can do to the sauce. I rarely make meaty sauces ...

Oh man Lindt! :drool:

Gnocchi is awesome! I guess I just burned out on having it pretty much every second or third night in 2008. But now seems as good a time as any to get back into it.

I know what I'll do, I'll put some salami in the sauce! I went this cafe that did that and it was AWESOME.

Maybe ... maybe I should involve bacon too.

I take it you approve of my plan to throw some bacon on top of this gnocchi?

I'm probably crap at cooking bacon though; I've rarely done it.

Mmm, Christmas gnocci...

I was earlier pondering Christmas muffins. Can you think what should be in them? I was thinking raspberries for the red, but what the hell is green and goes well in muffins?

Throw it in the frying pan with some oil. Turn it over every now and then. You can't fail!!

Well yes, but ... I don't know! I always assume I'm crap at cooking something until proven otherwise. I usually feel like the only cooking or baking I do well is my muffins. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom