***Survivor: Staying Out Of The Competition (Singles Top 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
First of all, I would like to apologise for this round being a day late. I was barely on Interference yesterday and thought the round had a day to go. :reject: Anyway, the loser was ..

STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)

Non-winners list
Finals
41. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
40. The Fly
39. Even Better Than The Real Thing AND New Year's Day
38. If God Will Send His Angels
37. Staring At The Sun
36. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
35. Sunday Bloody Sunday
34. The Unforgettable Fire
33. Popheart
32. Out Of Control
31. Beautiful Day
30. Desire
29. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
28. Electrical Storm
27. Vertigo AND Walk On
26. I Will Follow
25. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
24. Stuck In A Moment
23. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
22. Two Hearts Beat As One
21. The Sweetest Thing
20. A Celebration
19. Gloria

90s/00s Singles
18. Please
17. Elevation
16. Discotheque
15. Last Night On Earth
14. Miss Sarajevo
13. All Because Of You
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
11. Numb
10. Lemon
9. Mofo AND Mysterious Ways

Eighties Singles
8. Fire
7. Angel Of Harlem
6. One Tree Hill
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results from the previous round
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - 24 votes
All I Want Is You - 19
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 8
One - 5
Where The Streets Have No Name - 2
With Or Without You - 0

Total votes = 58

Finals: U2 Singles Survivor - Top Five

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a TWO day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

All I Want Is You. I was tossing between it and One - both have good a-sides (I think AIWIY's better), and both have two covers for b-sides. But One also has an original b-side, and so I think it is a slightly superior complete release than the AIWIY one.

I'm also pleased to see 3 of my top 5 are in this top 5. Only Pride and UF are missing. The big three from JT seem to be holding their own, hurrah!

Thanks Ax ... for starting this next round !! :bow:

After checking out the remainders on the list ...
the choice is plain and simple ...
Like I said, last round .. "All I Want Is You" is clearly ...
the next in line to go !!

"Outta here ..."
"Gone ..."
"Not staying around ..."
"Not by a longshot ..."

GOODBYE ...... "All I Want Is You" !! :wave: :wave:

Oh man...now I know what people mean when they say making a choice is like killing one of your children.

Can't vote for All I Want Is You. It's my favorite U2 song ever.
Can't vote for I Still Haven't Found because it's got the two best B-sides ever and it needs to win this competition.
Can't vote for Streets because it has The Sweetest Thing, and because, well, it's Streets.
Can't vote for With or Without You because it's got Walk to the Water and Luminous Times.

Which means One draws the short straw this time. :(

timothius said:
This will be my last vote for a week or so best make it a good One...

I think you'll get back just in time for the final round ...

Do not vote for One!

It's eternally superior to all of those, except All I Want Is You....
Which you vote for anyway!

You people have no taste whatsoever.

I Still Haven't Found Out Why This Single Is Still In Competition. Granted, Spanish Eyes is a terrific B-side, but Deep In The Heart goes nowhere and the A-side isn't that good IMO.

And sorry to see Stay go as that is an excellent single.

God Part III said:
Do not vote for One!

It's eternally superior to all of those

Uh, how? An over-rated a-side, a b-side inferior to its own remix on the EBTTRT single, and two covers? Snooooze.

After one day ...
" All I Want Is You " is STILL clearly the WORST single on this list ..
For all those who vote this song off ... :applaud: :applaud:
HURRAY !! It's gonna be outta here ... I can just feel it !!
Oh yeah ... Gone ... Bye-Bye !!

God Part III said:
Do not vote for One!
why not? why does everyone act like one is this perfect thing along with anyone related to it? the pedastal people have put this song up on only makes me want to vote for it more.

like axver said, none of the b-sides are even that good. surely you think their versions of everlasting love and unchained melody are at least decent?

I still haven't found what i'm looking for.
Just because i know how to play All i want is you, and others are untouchables

ISHFWILF.

I like Spanish Eyes a lot.
Deep in the Heart is mediocre on its best day.
And the a-side, IMO, is the weakest of the 3 JT singles.

Shocked that "Still" has so many votes.........probably people voting for it because they know it's likely to win if it makes the Final 2.

BigMacPhisto said:
Shocked that "Still" has so many votes.........probably people voting for it because they know it's likely to win if it makes the Final 2.

Yeah, I can't believe the amount of votes it's getting. ISHFWILF is an incredible song, Spanish Eyes is U2's best b-side in my opinion, and Deep In The Heart is most certainly a good song. I think AIWIY might be on its way out here, but I fear ISHFWILF might go next rather than One.

Honestly, it would be a shame if mediocre single collections like One and AIWIY made the top three while singles such as UF and Pride did not - heck, even Please deserves to make the top three more than One or AIWIY.

Axver said:

Yeah, I can't believe the amount of votes it's getting. ISHFWILF is an incredible song, Spanish Eyes is U2's best b-side in my opinion, and Deep In The Heart is most certainly a good song. I think AIWIY might be on its way out here, but I fear ISHFWILF might go next rather than One.

I truly hope you are wrong. If ISHFWILF goes next, I'm done with this competition.

miss becky said:

I truly hope you are wrong. If ISHFWILF goes next, I'm done with this competition.

Hey, at least ISHFWILF made the top five unlike a certain unforgettable single I love. :sad:

Spanish Eyes is U2's best b-side. It's the only song I listen to as a b-side and think to myself, "How in the world was this left off The Joshua Tree?" It would fit very well in between Red Hill Mining Town and In God's Country.

the tourist said:
With Or Without You will win. My thought. Either that or One.:(

I think One's gone. Look at the votes it has in this round. I sincerely hope AIWIY loses this round and One goes in the next. One making the top three would be a travesty, especially if ISHFWILF AND UF aren't there.

Back
Top Bottom