Spiderman News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The song's fairly dull alright. I think I'm happy enough that it's been used for this rather than a new U2 record.

A thought just struck me. Did anyone tell Howie B about the name of this show? He did release a record - very soon after Pop, in fact - of the same name (Turn the Dark Off). A great little mellow dance record.

turn_the_dark_off.jpg

:nerd:
American Prayer

And this is the time
To finish what we started
And this is no time to dream
This is the road
You can turn off the dark tonight
Maybe then we might see

American Prayer - U2 Lyrics from @U2

Wow I'm actually impressed :ohmy:

I want to hear Bono and Edge perform it. It's basically a U2 song. I wish they played that one live sooner or later. With Bono swinging from the Claw in a Spiderman costume :wink:

I'm really curious about the rest of the Spiderman songs now. :hyper:

I like it a lot.

I miss U2's unresolved side sometimes, the side that comes out on CoL, for instance. That really comes through here.

I do miss Bono's climactic "I belieeeeve....." from the Beach Clip. But it's unfair to hold that against it.

I like this guy's sound. Very physical, punk sound without becoming grating

I really like it. Can't wait to hear a clean full-band version, although I had no problems with this performance.

Spiderman Musical - The Boy Who Fell From the Sky

The "Boy who fell from the sky" tune was played on Good Morning America Friday morning by the cast member who is cast as Peter Parker/Spiderman. His vocals weren't great but the song is vintage U2, midtempo rocker. Very exciting tune. Oh, and I'm almost positive it is one of the songs from the "Beach Demos" that were recorded late one night outside of Bono's villa in southern France. Go back and listen to those demos and you'll hear it. You can find the song on Spin.com:applaud:

Please don't bring that song up. Without a doubt, the worst thing Bono has ever done in the history of all time ever...

:no:

Yeah, you're right, because Edge was out for a tea when he composed this one.
As we know when we don't like anything, either in music or in any other thing it's Bono's fault.

Pretty decent, doesn't sound like 2000's U2, which is a plus. Hope we will get a full u2 version one day.

Ooppps

I didn't realize there was already a thread open. Sorry bout that. Does anyone know if other songs will be performed anytime soon from Spiderman?

I don't like the performance at all, sorry..but I like the song.

Same here... I lost it when I heard that chorus kick in. When I heard the beach clips with this song, ever since then I've been wanting them to release this song. I'd love to hear U2 perform it during the tour. I had no interest in going to a second 360 show if they came back to T.O., but if they played new songs from spider-man I totally would.

The music is interesting. The riff reminds me of something off Zooropa. But the vocals are so bad that it's really hard to judge it.

I don't like the vocals as well. Maybe because it's a U2 song and I just cannot stop thinking about Bono singing it. I'm sure the singer and his band do a decent job, still I'm not very fond of their performance. The song itself is good, a little messy in the second half, but better than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom