Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's also possible that the stuff I'm hearing isn't misdirection, but just plain wrong info :heart:

Just wanted to thank you for keeping us in the loop of any rumors out there though. No matter good or bad, i would rather be discussing this than coming up with Songs of Ham & Cheese or whatever the last 5 pages have held.

:up:

Bono is in NY at the Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't SoI come out September 2014?

A companion album should come out in September/October 2016...2 year gap seems perfectly fine.

Once you start talking 1st or 2nd quarter of 2017, that gap between companion albums seems a bit ridiculous and totally disjointed.

If they want this master plan of SoI/SoE and tour for both albums to work, the album should be released in 2016 and tour start up in early to mid 2017.

I think that if we hear nothing before Friday, then they will drop the new song AT the show and then album/tour news will follow.

Long story short, let's hope for new music today/tomorrow, if not, bet on it being released AT the show.

Yikes … this has gone to the dark side very quickly.

Someone asked about a band clarification on what’s up. To the best of my knowledge they’ve not done this is similar circumstances so I’m guessing it won’t happen this time… injuries and such different, but do they typically update or provide clarity for non-announced events or non-announced album and single release dates?

I mean heck, U2.com suddenly has become accurate as it still doesn’t reference soon to be potentially canceled iHeart event.

It’d sure be nice if someone in the U2 camp provided some clarity and re-set expectations, but probably not gonna happen IMO.

If this goes from SOI Apple release fubar to pretty good album and great tour back to iHeart event announced and then canceled with zero news or clarity, can we get a class action lawsuit for emotional whiplash?

Sadly, this could be something we’ve all experienced before… very few glimmers of hope today.

But some person would have to start spreading wrong info ... due to lack of better knowledge?

People don't make up things in these circles and spread some random info .. right?

maybe they feed incorrect info out there, to try and determine source of leaks? which is why I'm being careful not to give out detail of what is being said.

my point is that the rumblings are getting more elaborate and specific, to point where it's seems unnecessarily detailed if it is in fact misdirection. If I was U2 and didnt want people to think that an album was about to drop, I imagine a well placed quote with Rolling Stone about a 2017 album would be enough to throw people off the scent. Why get any more detailed than that?

but things are detailed, confusingly so, ESPECIALLY given everything we're otherwise seeing hearing from the band. (That said, it's detailed enough that if it's true, we'll hear about it soon enough, from the press or something. industry buzz)

I'm as puzzled as ever. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut about it all, and spare everyone here :wink:

Just wanted to thank you for keeping us in the loop of any rumors out there though. No matter good or bad, i would rather be discussing this than coming up with Songs of Ham & Cheese or whatever the last 5 pages have held.

hey, thanks :up:

agreed that it sure beats the leak puns!

Last edited:
I guess it's not the most used strategy out there, but why are we so sure they wouldn't drop it at the show?

To me, that's a pretty big buzz from a band like that to just go on stage and say "here's our new single" and play it. Who cares if no one has heard it before? That's actually an advantage. Everyone would pay attention and scramble online afterwards to hear it again.

My first thought is that I hope a band member or a family member doesn't have some sort of illness or condition that is causing the band to postpone all their plans. Then I could understand putting everything off.

If not, then they're just being very unprofessional if they do cancel at iHeart. I fully expected nothing to happen this week, as far as new music, but to just outright cancel would be incredibly lame, unprofessional and inconsiderate. And like somebody previously said, it'll piss off the largest radio corporation in the US.

Last edited:
Wow what has happened to this thread? Doom and gloom everywhere

My first thought is that I hope a band member or a family member doesn't have some sort of illness or condition that is causing the band to postpone all their planes. Then I could understand putting everything off.

If not, then they're just being very unprofessional if they do cancel at iHeart. I fully expected nothing to happen this week, as far as new music, but to just outright cancel would be incredibly lame. And like somebody previously said, it'll piss off the largest radio corporation in the US.

What is there to suggest that they are pulling out?

There is no way they back out of that. You guys are bonkers if you're buying it.

It would be insane. If they don't pull out today, and pulling out the day of is pretty much not a possibility. Then you are talking about 1 or 2 days of notice. Can't see this in almost any scenario other than major health issue or something.

It would be insane. If they don't pull out today, and pulling out the day of is pretty much not a possibility. Then you are talking about 1 or 2 days of notice. Can't see this in almost any scenario other than major health issue or something.

Again where has all this come from?

The band certainly is very casual and relaxed...visiting fairs, museums, jogging, saving the world...

My guess is that the album is completed and they will drop a new single on Friday at the show.

If things were in dire straights, Bono wouldn't be in NY, Edge eating massive amounts of pickles, Adam jogging in LA, and Larry being MIA. They would all be somewhere working this all out.

Have faith Interferencers !

Looks like it will be a surprise drop w/ no promo before hand.

I guess it's not the most used strategy out there, but why are we so sure they wouldn't drop it at the show?

To me, that's a pretty big buzz from a band like that to just go on stage and say "here's our new single" and play it. Who cares if no one has heard it before? That's actually an advantage. Everyone would pay attention and scramble online afterwards to hear it again.

Yeah, to be fair, most people there won't even know the other songs they will play. LOL. I'm guessing the age range will fall heavily in the 18 to 26 year old category. So playing a new song would be fine. It is sort of what i have been thinking for a while. Drop it there and then have iheartradio pick it up immediately and play the hell out of it.

Agreed, just wanted to chime in and thank RD (and other posters) who share info with us. Of course bad news can be frustrating, but it's still appreciated.

Mass panic is still better than pun threads :wink:

Whoa, everyone's panicking!
Sort of justifiable with U2's track record but right now the idea of them cancelling Friday's gig is ludicrous.
As for the album, I've no reason to talk like its certain but I bet the album's wrapped up, having a few last minute tweaks like last time.
But what's to say the other three aren't rehearsing without him? Nothing wrong with county fairs and art galleries on the sabbath! :wink:

here, this is as specific as I will get.

regarding iheart festival - the band "may not play iheart"

nothing more, nothing less

Yeah, to be fair, most people there won't even know the other songs they will play. LOL. I'm guessing the age range will fall heavily in the 18 to 26 year old category. So playing a new song would be fine. It is sort of what i have been thinking for a while. Drop it there and then have iheartradio pick it up immediately and play the hell out of it.

My thoughts exactly.

The band certainly is very casual and relaxed...visiting fairs, museums, jogging, saving the world...

My guess is that the album is completed and they will drop a new single on Friday at the show.

If things were in dire straights, Bono wouldn't be in NY, Edge eating massive amounts of pickles, Adam jogging in LA, and Larry being MIA. They would all be somewhere working this all out.

Have faith Interferencers !

Looks like it will be a surprise drop w/ no promo before hand.

Yeah, i kind of think if they'd made the decision to scrap the show - and it must have been some time ago if that info has reached sources who know people who know people on this forum - then at this point they would've announced something ASAP, instead of continuing the inane FB posts etc.

I'd be down with that!

Without sounding like that guy, is this from a good source? And surely things are getting late in the day to be pulling out?

Whoa, everyone's panicking!
Sort of justifiable with U2's track record but right now the idea of them cancelling Friday's gig is ludicrous.
As for the album, I've no reason to talk like its certain but I bet the album's wrapped up, having a few last minute tweaks like last time.
But what's to say the other three aren't rehearsing without him? Nothing wrong with county fairs and art galleries on the sabbath! :wink:

my thoughts are in alignment w/ this.

Could just be the album/single needs a little more work, and they acknowledge the silliness of playing this friday gig with nothing to show for it. Maybe it could be delayed by a few weeks/ a month rather than into 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom