SOE promo tour/promo activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 near highline in nyc.. I guessed wrong. Half hour away

aw,man, really?! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

how did you hear about it?
Yesterday I looked u2 events for today and didn't see anything but I know they sometimes try keeping live events under wraps b c of crowd control.

And who the fuck got invited to the NYC listening party w them all there last (Thurs) night!?? :angry:

Today I was kind of tired after doing artwork, and making errands list for beginning of month, and thot 'oh, I should go out now (earlier then I have)' since I don't have WiFi at home... maybe I'll find something out.

Yeah, great, I'm out (later) and now find out missed them. :grumpy:
Even I couldn't see them I had a chance hearing this m from near by IF they were outside (like I did for Fordam U /GMA 2009.) *mildly kicks self* idjiot! :sigh:

Last edited:
I just watched the 60 Minutes Australia interview. Someone needs to keep Larry away from the plastic surgery center. He used to be a handsome dude.

He used to be quite good looking. Combining the surgery with the fact he never smiles doesn't help.

I found out later that the info was on U2.com Heh, so many people have rightfully slagged that site b c of it's problems- it never occurred to me to look there :lol: :| but I still was out and on wifi too late to have caught the info in time.

Ok, final prediction time for U2’s appearance on SNL tonight! It’s always a thrill when they appear on this show. Again, the protocol for their previous appearances has been to play two new songs and then close the show with a classic.

Here’s my prediction for tonight, and I’m not thrilled with it.

Get Out of Your Own Way
American Soul
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Get out of your own way into American Soul. Lamar will be there to do the rap.

Close with little things.

All new material.

I think this is the set right here. Maybe swap Little Things with The Best Thing (I hope not). I think Bono will do the Kendrick Lamar transition though. Having him cameo would look like they are pandering to young people.

If past is prologue, they may do an extra old song or two for the studio audience after broadcast ends.

***Spoiler Alert***

Someone who attended the SNL dress rehearsal said they played American Soul and Get Out of Your Own Way.

I am amazed they think these are the songs they want to represent the album

I am amazed they think these are the songs they want to represent the album

It’s actually incredibly predictable. Get Out is solid, American Soul is eh. We’ll see how it is live.

I don’t hate the song, but it shouldn’t be played as the opening song on SNL

Red Flag Day
Summer of Love

Hell, Best Thing would have been fine.

But band seems to be intent on the America theme

I just think the song is waaaaay too long for what it is. Cut the bridge in half and only do the chorus once at the end and call it good.

Back
Top Bottom