Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the clip it's more fun and groovy than anything on SOI, which is nice

Although from what I can tell it sounds as if they made the right call by making Best Thing the single

Last edited:
So by going "live" on Facebook are they going to play a live version that they did at the video shoot or be together somewhere and announce the song and play the video?

What I do like is that I can hear a bass,drum and guitar! If that makes sense....

Listened with my phone plugged in the car stereo. Yes and Bono sounds good. Even with the cheering in the background for this clip I think they nailed the production on this one.

Based on the clip it's more fun and groovy than anything on SOI, which is nice

Although from what we know it sounds as if they made the right call by making Best Thing the single

I'm not sure what you mean? How do we know TBT was a better choice? After hearing the full song, We can better evaluate, but I think it's a little early to make that call. Especially since TBT is going to be different from what we've heard.

Holy shitballs, refreshed u2.com and saw the news and decided to check out where I left off here, 250 replies ago, and my what a low then high low then high bunch we are! Need to block off the work calendar tomorrow for an hour!!!

I'm not sure what you mean? How do we know TBT was a better choice? After hearing the full song, We can better evaluate, but I think it's a little early to make that call. Especially since TBT is going to be different from what we've heard.

Early reports said that the chorus part of Blackout was centered around 'when the lights go out' - sure, we haven't heard the full thing, but even if this is only part of 'the hook' of the song, Best Thing is a lot more catchy

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I just believe Best Thing has the catchiest chorus they've had in a long time, this doesn't seem to be on the same level of radio-friendliness

The Blackout clip sounds very up and catchy and fresh. Hard to tell from 15 seconds but does sound like single potential. Happy to say im liking everything im hearing so far e.g this and TBT and TLTTGYA. SOE looks to be a solid album!

Early reports said that the chorus part of Blackout was centered around 'when the lights go out' - sure, we haven't heard the full thing, but even if this is only part of 'the hook' of the song, Best Thing is a lot more catchy

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I just believe Best Thing has the catchiest chorus they've had in a long time, this doesn't seem to be on the same level of radio-friendliness

Yeah I mean there is a reason they didn’t choose this as the single right and went with Best Thing if it has an Uber catchy chorus and all that.

Last edited:

I get what you mean. I'm still gonna hold off and see how the whole thing sounds. But I agree, TBT is really catchy and that's a good thing for radio.

All I've got is that after I heard "when the lights go out" I thought "oh Bono, really? What's the next line, 'in the club?'l

Then I remembered the reaction to the lyrics to Little Things when Bono quotes them for an interview vs hearing the full song.

Context is important - wait for the whole song

Yes! I just won $500 in Vegas betting on you saying something like that!

C'mon then, share the wealth!

To be fair mate I don't think anyone really expected you to like any new U2 [emoji23]

Hey, I liked... uh... Cedarwood Road. And... um... The Troubles. Yeah, those were new songs.

Oh alright, fair call.

Come on, dude - auto negs is as silly as "OHMYGAWDBESTTHINGEVAAAAHHHH"

It's 15 seconds and we can't tell a single thing yet about the quality of the song as a whole.

I only said "kind of"! And "mediocre" isn't "wow that's a piece of shit". I'm not going to proclaim that the song sucks, and it sounds more promising than The Miracle or Boots. But I guess I was hoping for something with a little more grunt. Eh, I'll wait for tomorrow for a proper judgement.

I also like that when Bono sings "when the lights go out", the lighting in the clip actually gets brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom