Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really how bad it's got?

I mean, I like Shuttlecock and everything. But fuck.

Coming after Noble Beast and Merriweather Post Pavilion, Shuttlecock's record has a lot to live up to.

Fleet Foxes isn't indietastic anymore. Didn't their album go Tin in Malaysia?

If it's Malaysia, it should have gone Pewter. That's a little inside joke about Malaysia for those in the Malaysia know.

N E wayz, is Monday the real expected day we'll be hearing Get On Your Badminton Shoes?

N E wayz, is Monday the real expected day we'll be hearing Get On Your Badminton Shoes?

Apparently. I try to pop in and check on just the vital information, but I get so inundated with stupidity that I often learn nothing.

But apparently there will be a radio rip or some shit on Monday. I'd rather just wait until the promo single comes out.

Life In Technicolor is a blatant copy of Where The Badminton Courts Have No Name. That's an objective fact right there.

While that may be true, it can be argued that Badminton Court of Blinding Lights was a blatant copy of Where The Badminton Courts Have No Name as well. Shuttlecock themselves are quite the copycats in all honesty.

Apparently. I try to pop in and check on just the vital information, but I get so inundated with stupidity that I often learn nothing.

But apparently there will be a radio rip or some shit on Monday. I'd rather just wait until the promo single comes out.

There may be an iTunes release on Monday. I would classify this as a confirmed rumor, so I wouldn't doubt its validity.

While that may be true, it can be argued that Badminton Court of Blinding Lights was a blatant copy of Where The Badminton Courts Have No Name as well. Shuttlecock themselves are quite the copycats in all honesty.

This is true. Where The Badminton Courts Have No Name was the origin of music itself, after all. And the wall of red shuttlecocks that light up when Shuttlecock performs the song live are very shiny. Cracking stuff all around.

This is out of control. 6 pages already, before I even get here? I'm like the Malcom McLaren of Shuttlecock.

Regardless, I'm really excited, and looking forward to a new sound after the tired, back-to-basics direction of All That You Can't Leave Courtside and How To Manhandle an Atomic Serve.

One thing I am worried about is the rumor that somewhere on the album there's the rhyming of "volley" and "trolley". Now that's just ridiculous.

One thing I am worried about is the rumor that somewhere on the album there's the rhyming of "volley" and "trolley". Now that's just ridiculous.

That still isn't as bad as the "sex kitten/badminton" rhyme from A Shuttlecock And A Woman.

Yeah, but what about the "Love...15...30...50!" count off in Shuttlego? I mean, not only is it wrong, but they're not even playing tennis!

There may have been alcohol involved there.

Same goes for (Give Me The) Crumbs From Your Shuttlecock. Boner obviously made that one up on the spot.

There may have been alcohol involved there.

Same goes for (Give Me The) Crumbs From Your Shuttlecock. Boner obviously made that one up on the spot.

They totally ruined that song in the studio. I don't know what they were thinking with the badminton match crowd cheering at the end.

I mean, what the hell does that have to do with third world poverty, or uncircumcised penises, for that matter?

For inspiration, from Wiki:

Shuttlecock
Main article: Shuttlecock
A shuttlecock (often abbreviated to shuttle and also commonly known as a bird) is a high-drag projectile, with an open conical shape: the cone is formed from sixteen overlapping goose feathers embedded into a rounded cork base. The cork is covered with thin leather or synthetic material.

Synthetic shuttles are often used by recreational players to reduce their costs as feathered shuttles break easily. These nylon shuttles may be produced with a cork made of a hard sponge instead of natural cork.

Additionally, nylon shuttlecocks come in three varieties, each variety for a different range of temperatures. These three varieties are known as green (slow speed), blue (middle speed), and red (fast speed). The colours, and therefore speeds, are indicated by coloured strips fastened around the cork. In colder temperatures, a faster shuttle is used, and in hotter climates, a slower one is chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom