Shuttlecock XXIII: Shit Pants, Move to Trash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's funny because just days before NSW changed his avatar to a picture of them, one of my good friends and music buddies had told me that I need to check them out and that they are, indeed, a great live band. So, yeah, it is weird that that became a joke on the site all of a sudden. Life is weird sometimes.

so, folks, which travel site is better? I've been looking on Priceline simply due to Shatner, but are the others any better? Priceline seems to have the best prices, tbh.

Just came back from a nice indulgent night out in San Francisco. Good dinner at a nice restaurant (no corkage fee=bring my own wine :D), then afterwards we went in search of a bar with a good scotch selection. We found it: Whiskey Thieves. Our bartender was so grateful to have someone interested in the good stuff that he poured us 8 or 9 tastes of some really nice scotch without charging us, and then charged us much less than he could have when we finally settled on our choices. I had a Cao Ila 12 year old that was delicious, and my roommate had an Ardbeg 10 that was also really tasty.

I'm feeling quite pleasantly buzzed at the moment. :drunk:

Also, I really want a cheeseburger. And fries.

I was last night as well. Not sure if Burger King satisfied that craving or not though. :huh:

Have you guys heard about these burger places that actually deliver burgers and fries to you? How insane is that? They had one down in Champaign when I was in school. The craziness.

In Taiwan McDonalds and KFC (as Ian mentioned) both deliver. Most everywhere does there, apparently.

Maybe they'd heard of bacon burgers and assumed we like any sort of breakfast food on a hamburger.

You're lucky you didn't get a burger topped with oatmeal or waffles!

Hot Dogs are a breakfast item at McDonalds in Japan. Seriously.

so, folks, which travel site is better? I've been looking on Priceline simply due to Shatner, but are the others any better? Priceline seems to have the best prices, tbh.

I usually use Travelocity or Expedia...... DOT COM!!!!

Damn jingles.

Good lord, I've been listening to an album for nearly 18 minutes with my headphones on, and just now realized that it was playing over my computer speakers, I'd plugged the headphones into the wrong jack....

Usually when I have a burger craving I regret eating all that food, but last night, my burger, fries and shake were delicious and deeply satisfied. Really hit the spot. :drool:

I watched the rest of season 1 of True Blood yesterday, and while I thought it was pretty silly at first, I thought it got much better as the season went on, and I really liked it by the end. Now I need to start downloading season 2 episodes to catch up.

I've been invited to go swimming at one of the local lakes. I had to go even check my dresser drawers to make sure I still had my swimsuit - I can't remember the last time I put it on and wasn't sure I hadn't given it away.

Look out, Seattleites! Here comes my pale self.

(... then again, we're all pretty pale out here. You can tell when it was a nice weekend in the spring - everyone shows up at work all pink from too much sun on their pasty winter skin.)

Good lord, I've been listening to an album for nearly 18 minutes with my headphones on, and just now realized that it was playing over my computer speakers, I'd plugged the headphones into the wrong jack....

Either your computer speakers are pretty good, or your headphones are pretty bad.

Well, fuck.

My mother will not budge on the Phoenix thing and is acting like it'd be the ultimate betrayal if I go. I am defeated. It's ridiculous, but that's my reality.

Wow. That sucks. I'd be very tempted to do it anyway. If that's her idea of the ultimate betrayal, perhaps she should learn to deal with betrayal.

No, no. There's no point. Going to one Green Day concert by myself locally will do. There's no sense in making things any more strained between the two of us.

And they always have been.

I hate to say it, but I can understand now why my father left us, and I'm starting to agree with him.

Well, my point is, what's the difference if you go, or not? You're going to fight about something else, sooner than later. And it's not like you're 14. And if you keep giving in every time she disagrees, be it lightly or vehemently, then you're just creating a worse and worse monster, and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Just my 2 cents. :shrug:

I know. I put up my best fight, damn near caused a scene in a restaurant at breakfast this morning, but I'm just a selfish, irresponsible bitch, apparently.

I hopped off the plane at LAX
With a dream and my cardigan
Welcome to the land of fame excess
Am i gonna fit in?
Jumped in the cab
Here i am for the first time
Look to the right and i see the Hollywood sign
This is all so crazy
Everybody seems so famous
My tummy's turnin and im feelin kinda home sick
Too much pressure and Im nervous,
But the taxi man turned on the radio
and a U2 song was on
and the U2 song was on
and the U2 song was on

chorus:

So i put my hands up
They're playing my song
And the butterflies fly away.
Noddin' my head like yea!
Movin my hips like yea!

i got my hands up,
They're playin my song
I know Im gonna be ok

its a party in the USA!

its a party in the USA!

Get to the club in my taxi cab
Everybody's lookin at me now
Like "who's that guy? he don't look so fly,
he gotta be from out of town"
So hard with my boys all around me
its definitely not a Nashville party
Cause' all i see are stilletos
I guess i never got the memo
my tummy's turnin and im feelin kinda home sick
too much pressure and im nervous
but the D.J. dropped my favorite tune
yea a U2 song was on
and the U2 song was on
and the U2 song was on

chorus:

so i put my hands up
they're playing my song,
and the butterflies fly away
Noddin' my head like yea
Movin my hips like yea

i put my hands up,
they're playin my song
i know im gonna be ok

its a party in the USA!!!

its a party in the USA!!!

My sources are telling me that U2 is set to perform on the season premiere of Saturday Night Live in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom