Shuttlecock XXII: Adam is British

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my buddy who lives in Atlanta was laid off last week (company laid off a huge chunk of all of their employees, he at least got some sort of severance), and is now talking about possibly having to move again based on what he's seeing from looking for jobs. I've already purchased tickets to see U2 there with him in October, and I'm kinda thinking that might not happen now (even if he's still there, I'd feel really bad staying over at his place, imposing, and going to a concert when he doesn't' have an income). We'll see what happens.

Sorry about your buddy. All too common of a story lately, unfortunately.

Sorry about your buddy. All too common of a story lately, unfortunately.

It sucks even worse considering he just moved out there from Utah a year go. Granted, he's from Georgia, and his and his wife's families are both there, but I'm sure he's gotta be kicking himself in the pants to some extent for quitting a decent job, and moving across the country for another job which ended up not panning out after a year, and possibly having to move somewhere completely different in the near future.

A general fear of that kind of thing has always been what has stopped me from making any big moves (and because I luv Utah sooooo much!!!1!11!)

It sucks even worse considering he just moved out there from Utah a year go. Granted, he's from Georgia, and his and his wife's families are both there, but I'm sure he's gotta be kicking himself in the pants to some extent for quitting a decent job, and moving across the country for another job which ended up not panning out after a year, and possibly having to move somewhere completely different in the near future.

A general fear of that kind of thing has always been what has stopped me from making any big moves (and because I luv Utah sooooo much!!!1!11!)

It's the cultural hotbed of America, why move? Well, that and Alaska. Sorry about your buddy, too.

And I haven't seen The Boondock Saints, but enough douchebags have told me to watch it that it's put me off from wanting to see it anyway.

And I haven't seen The Boondock Saints, but enough douchebags have told me to watch it that it's put me off from wanting to see it anyway.

THEY ANNOUNCED A SEQUEL AT COMIC-CON BRAH!

Best get on dat shit.

I told my friends who are nuts over Boondock Saints about the sequel. They're going fanboy as we speak.

Congratulations, Cock Crew. Hanging with you has turned me into a better smartass. I just cracked a line to one of my friends who knows about Axver and left them breathless from laughing for about five minutes.

Actually, she's on interference, too. Or she was. She quit due to boredom and Assver's douchebaggery.

Ahhhh. I see. I think.

They were actually really good friends, and then all of a sudden, he turned on her, and she can't figure out what she did wrong. She got bored with having no place to post other than a handful of threads cause she's too chickenshit to come in here, so she quit.

New maps were downloaded, and an all-star team was assembled, including two interlanders, one buddy from LA and two buddies from Chicago. Many enemies were blown up.

Sorry, my mistake. I don't know from video games beyond Halo, Rock Band, and Guitar Hero. :reject:

And yes, Chass is a friend.

The only videogames I play are Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Tetris for the original 1989 Game Boy.

That's a bit of a lie of course, but does anybody remember those original Game Boys? Those things were f'ng awesome.

Dude, I loved Game Boy. I still love Tetris. My favourite game ever.

I told my friends who are nuts over Boondock Saints about the sequel. They're going fanboy as we speak.

They've been "working on a sequel" pretty much since the first one was released, so tell them not to get their hopes up too high.

New maps were downloaded, and an all-star team was assembled, including two interlanders, one buddy from LA and two buddies from Chicago. Many enemies were blown up.

B-52's, Neil Diamond, and U2 songs were sung. Chainsaw pimp hands are still strong.

So, my buddy who lives in Atlanta was laid off last week (company laid off a huge chunk of all of their employees, he at least got some sort of severance), and is now talking about possibly having to move again based on what he's seeing from looking for jobs. I've already purchased tickets to see U2 there with him in October, and I'm kinda thinking that might not happen now (even if he's still there, I'd feel really bad staying over at his place, imposing, and going to a concert when he doesn't' have an income). We'll see what happens.

if you really want it, you can make it happen :fantasyland:

There's a game on shockwave.com that's basically 3D Tetris. I phail. I can't get past level one.

I have Tetris on my phone. I love it, but it's incredibly addicting. Not as much as Minesweeper, which I sometimes can't stop playing (don't ask me why), but still addicting.

I was wondering where Chass had gone. I have her on my friends list over at LiveJournal and see her post there from time to time, although I've been fairly inactive on the site myself.

If you're inviting someone to go to a concert with you, is it proper etiquette (spelling?) to buy their ticket for them, especially if they weren't going to attend said concert in the first place?

I have Tetris on my phone. I love it, but it's incredibly addicting. Not as much as Minesweeper, which I sometimes can't stop playing (don't ask me why), but still addicting.

I was wondering where Chass had gone. I have her on my friends list over at LiveJournal and see her post there from time to time, although I've been fairly inactive on the site myself.

I have her on MSN, maybe I'll drop her a line and see how her life is going.

If you're inviting someone to go to a concert with you, is it proper etiquette (spelling?) to buy their ticket for them, especially if they weren't going to attend said concert in the first place?

Not necessarily. I often buy tickets for friends when I know they don't have the money but would like to go. In that case I just say "I have an extra ticket" and then don't take any money for it. But just as often I call friends and say "hey, do you want to go see so & so" and then we both buy a ticket. Just depends on the situation.

Not necessarily. I often buy tickets for friends when I know they don't have the money but would like to go. In that case I just say "I have an extra ticket" and then don't take any money for it. But just as often I call friends and say "hey, do you want to go see so & so" and then we both buy a ticket. Just depends on the situation.

Agreed. Sometimes I spring for the cost, sometimes they insist on paying me. It all depends on the person, etc.

I insist on NSW paying for all of our douchebag seats in Chicago. Oh wait, he already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom