Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And fuck it, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is one of their absolute best songs.

It's due for a resurgence in fan favor like Ultraviolet. Bring it back full band, U2!

I'm pretty "meh" on Pop but I listened to "Mofo" on the way home tonight and, I just cannot imagine that not bringing the house down if they broke it out...not happening, unless you guys tell me it was rehearsed (I'm still in the dark about all the songs they rehearsed), but it would be pretty awesome.

I just texted my boss about tomorrow. Holy shit. I have a GA for Friday and a GA for Saturday on hold. My friends are awesome. And I have a hotel room crash offer.

I'm not going to think about the flight.

It's a small complaint, but I'm not an especially huge fan of Larry's drum tone on Achtung. The playing is fine, some of his best, but I'm not into the whole metallic, industrial-inspired tone he's got going. Obviously I get what they're going for, I just prefer his drums with a bit more low end.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion: my favorite Larry era is TUF. The deep sound of those toms on EPAA is fucking unreal and he's ruthless on Wire. He's great on the first four albums, but he adds a lot to TUF sonically.

I think I'm just going to book a flight to New York and hope there's a ticket drop for the July 30 show. That would mean I'd be flying in to New York twice in less than 2 weeks. INSANITY.

Damnit, U2.

A friend tried to talk me into the last NY show, but it's the night before I need to fly to Wisconsin, so ... no.

Waiting to get the ok from my boss before I book a flight. JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

I'm going to go to LA night 1, get the exact same setlist I complained about incessantly on opening night but hopefully have fun anyway. Then I'll come home and pretend the tour isn't going on until leg 3 starts (assuming that's when they come back) because I don't have U2 money.

I had the "I love U2, moar pls" moment in 2011. Almost went to the Minnesota gig after seeing them at Soldier Field but ended up backing out because of travel costs.

Last edited:
This is the first time I don't travel to see them, but they are playing a gazillion shows here.

And fuck it, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is one of their absolute best songs.

Doesn't this song get a lot of shit from people around here? The melody is pretty poppy but what they're doing production-wise on the album version is out of this world. It's been my favorite on AB since day 1.

As I said before, I understand why they don't play Acrobat; it's a dark, brutal song that isn't really an arena/stadium track. But there's no excuse for Wild Horses being kept in the, uhh, stable for so long, especially considering how great it sounded full electric at the Amsterdam Vertigo show.

I have a spare bed, Cori. I have clean sheets for it, and a nice shower.

I'm not going to Phoenix Friday night. I have a hot date in Silverlake with Trashley, and my son, Brandon Welchez of Crocodiles.

However, I just looked and the second Phoenix date is Saturday and Phoenix is only a six-hour drive and what the hell.....STOP ME.

lol.

zuropa_fit offered me her hotel to crash, edge orchestra offered me GA for Saturday, and another friend not on Interference offered me her Friday GA. And neither of them are lining up.

Plus, joyful. And DRay. I'd get to see a show with DRay! I want to be there when they play Out of Control for him.

I may come to my senses in the next hour. We'll see.

Pros:

U2
Good friends
Stars aligning for tickets and hotel

Cons:

Money
Crazy

It's due for a resurgence in fan favor like Ultraviolet. Bring it back full band, U2!

One of my favorite U2 concert moments was when it popped up on the Vertigo tour in Boston after not having been played since Zoo TV. And done full band to boot. Fucking awesome.

I have a spare bed, Cori. I have clean sheets for it, and a nice shower.

I'm not going to Phoenix Friday night. I have a hot date in Silverlake with Trashley, and my son, Brandon Welchez of Crocodiles.

However, I just looked and the second Phoenix date is Saturday and Phoenix is only a six-hour drive and what the hell.....STOP ME.

When are you going to introduce me to your daughter-in-law?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

lol.

zuropa_fit offered me her hotel to crash, edge orchestra offered me GA for Saturday, and another friend not on Interference offered me her Friday GA. And neither of them are lining up.

Plus, joyful. And DRay. I'd get to see a show with DRay! I want to be there when they play Out of Control for him.

I may come to my senses in the next hour. We'll see.

Pros:

U2
Good friends
Stars aligning for tickets and hotel

Cons:

Money
Crazy

You've been to two shows with DRay, you were just were not WITH him at both shows.

Try to get him to actually watch the show and not record it.

Another pro, Cori,

It's supposed to be great weather in Phoenix this weekend. Low 80's which is unseasonably cool.

I found a cheapish motel about a 10 minute walk. I could crash with zuropa fit, but I think knowing my history with anxiousness, I should get my own room. In for the flight, what's another couple hundred? Oof.

I'm going to be eating beans and rice all summer. Ha.

hmm, decent reviews for $100 a night. Almost all good/excellent. Works for me.

COME ON BOSS CALL ME BACK OMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom