Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, guys. I did tell the person via email I wasn't going to add them (my boundaries on Facebook are: no parents, no ex-boyfriends), but I didn't want him to see I'd ignored his request before he read my email.

I have a friend there who posts 5 million things each day, I swear. And since the special new Facebook puts them all on the one page and makes you miss everything else your other friends did, I kept her as a friend but found a way to hide her insipid posts and quizzes from that status page.

Yeah, when you delete someone off of Twitterbook, they won't know unless they specifically look for it.

I hated FB to begin with, but the new format really pisses me off. If more of my college friends were on MySpace I never would have opened an account in the first place.

There's a lot I'm really enjoying about Facebook, and being able to easily ignore all the Zombies/drinks/whatever stupid shit requests helps a lot.

It was better years ago. All the applications, constant makeovers, and other shit ruined it. I don't really get on that much anymore, maybe every other day, mostly to keep abreast of events and all that.

The Twitter makeover has really pissed me off. I don't care about status updates. I loved the tabbed home page because I could choose what I was checking out.

I hated FB to begin with, but the new format really pisses me off. If more of my college friends were on MySpace I never would have opened an account in the first place.

Are you friends with anyone on here? At least your own son?

It was better years ago. All the applications, constant makeovers, and other shit ruined it. I don't really get on that much anymore, maybe every other day, mostly to keep abreast of events and all that.

Most definitely. I joined it right before the huge High School wave came pouring in. I prefer it over MySpace by far, but all of the apps/quizzes/nonsensical shit is really starting to bog me down, even if I may add to it sometimes.

Those LivingSocial Top 5 lists are too much fun.

It seems like it was developed for 12 year old girls. All that "poke" and "present" bullshit (I assume what Cori is talking about is part of that) is really lame. Also, I like the way that MySpace allows you to have more personality with your page, even if some people overdo it.

I know a lot of people abandoned ship on MySpace because of all the bands and whores (OK usage here?) spamming you with requests. But that kind of shit rarely happens anymore, they have a much better filter.

Are you friends with anyone on here? At least your own son?

No, I'm not.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Most definitely. I joined it right before the huge High School wave came pouring in. I prefer it over MySpace by far, but all of the apps/quizzes/nonsensical shit is really starting to bog me down, even if I may add to it sometimes.

Those LivingSocial Top 5 lists are too much fun.

Oh, don't even get me started on the Top 5 stuff.

I'd love for someone to explain why this is better than MySpace. Please.

I abandoned Myspace (within a month of getting it) because of the absurdity of the profile pages. Everyone could just re-arrange them and do ridiculous backgrounds and make them absurdly long. I hated it. I liked that the structure of the profiles on Facebook were essentially the same.

Then, it tried to be Twitter.

And you could get trojans when you went on random MySpace pages, for instance.

Not that kind.

I'm interested in knowing which type of Breakfast Cereal each of you are.

By "interested in knowing", I mean that I have no interest whatsoever.

:happy:

Gotta go, Cock Force. It's LOST at casa mi amigos, followed by cheap margarita night. Better be a good one; as of midnight it's my birthday.

And, you can also have cool alter-ego names.

True, this and the customization are pluses, but you have too many people overdoing it, making their pages impossible to load or having shitty music blare out whenever you land there.

Your page is cool, so there's no problem there.

Facebook is very high school oriented. My college friends barely use it any longer.

I use it almost solely for pictures.

You're what's wrong with America.

My favorite "Top 5" moment was when one guy from my school did "Five Best Countries in the World" and had 1-5 all as "The United States of America." Now that's funny.

One of my friends did the same thing.

They're like something out of a comic book.

Explosions coming out of explosions. Also tanks come out of it.

One of my friends did the same thing.

Explosions coming out of explosions. Also tanks come out of it.

Seventeen near-misses, all in slow motion ... but the action isn't over yet, because in the distance, five highways appear with a bridge over them.

Facebook is very high school oriented. My college friends barely use it any longer.

Yep. No offense to you and YLB, but the advent of high schools and eventually everyone killed the site. I would not miss it one bit if it weren't around anymore.

For a while it was an indispensable tool to coordinate and keep in touch with a blossoming circle of friends. When it was just for colleges, it was indeed networking. I would randomly meet people, become their friends on facebook, and some became some of my very best friends today. But now it's just all bullshit all the time.

Happy birthday on the East Coast, Laz McFucker. Your MySpace just replaced richardsimmons.com and irvine511.blogspot.com as the gayest page on the interwebs.

Yep. No offense to you and YLB, but the advent of high schools and eventually everyone killed the site. I would not miss it one bit if it weren't around anymore.

For a while it was an indispensable tool to coordinate and keep in touch with a blossoming circle of friends. When it was just for colleges, it was indeed networking. I would randomly meet people, become their friends on facebook, and some became some of my very best friends today. But now it's just all bullshit all the time.

Happy birthday on the East Coast, Laz McFucker. Your MySpace just replaced richardsimmons.com and irvine511.blogspot.com as the gayest page on the interwebs.

I get you... sucks how it turned out.

Yeah, have a good one, Laz.

I know all the young hip kids hate the influx of old farts, but I am thrilled to have found some old friends from high school I had fallen out of touch with. That's been really great.

Now some of my relatives have signed up, which is neat too. And by "relatives," I mean "the relatives I actually want to talk to online."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom