Shuttlecock! Part XIII - Midnight is when her work begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Impy, I'll take your presale code thing if you're still offering. I have no idea how any of that works but I don't think I can pass that up. That's an insanely generous offer.

I think Scumby might have already laid claim to it, but you're next on the list if that doesn't work. It's only for two since I'll use it to grab two myself.

But now I'm thinking that's a stupid idea since Dallas is the last show on sale. I'll think this over.

Bono might not be ok :sad:

I don't know what it is, but people complaining about things has really been grating on me more than it usually does lately. Maybe because I'm hunting for a job to take the place of the one I might not get to have for much longer has made me realize how stupid it is to complain about not getting to be in the front row of a U2 promo show or that a band you like is being too political or not political enough or whatever.

Or maybe my mom is right and I finally have grown up :sigh:

I'm a bit surprised at the stage set up. It's nothing particularly innovative. Lots of acts play in the round. I don't understand why McCockne$$ had his trousers getting tighter over it.

Plus I think the crab apparatus (it's more crab than spider) and its AMAZING CYLINDRICAL VIDEO BOARD aren't exciting at all. I'd rather watch LeBron crab dribble for a couple hours.

I think Scumby might have already laid claim to it, but you're next on the list if that doesn't work. It's only for two since I'll use it to grab two myself.

But now I'm thinking that's a stupid idea since Dallas is the last show on sale. I'll think this over.

Sounds good.

So who's all going to Chicago, and should I go as well?

Lord knows I'll be there. And yes, you should go. It's my birthday weekend, too, so if you want to bring me cake and ice cream that would be nice.

I'm a bit surprised at the stage set up. It's nothing particularly innovative. Lots of acts play in the round. I don't understand why McCockne$$ had his trousers getting tighter over it.

Plus I think the crab apparatus (it's more crab than spider) and it's AMAZING CYLINDRICAL VIDEO BOARD aren't exciting at all. I'd rather watch LeBron crab dribble for a couple hours.

what I don't get is that they keep going on about how everyone is going to get an unobstructed view. I'm pretty sure if you are behind one of those "crab legs" you aint seeing shit.

Don't the crab legs look kind of see-through? They have holes in them or something?

Hopefully it won't be a factor if I'm able to get into THE EARRING™.

There's gotta be more to the crab apparatus than what we've heard so far. Maybe the fuckin thing comes alive and actually walks along the floor to other parts of the stadium.

I'm surprised no one has made a crabs joke yet, you guys are letting me down.

I was about to say a variation of "this is what they get when they go to Lance's Mom for staging inspiration," but you ruined it with your impatience.

Plus I think the crab apparatus (it's more crab than spider) and it's AMAZING CYLINDRICAL VIDEO BOARD aren't exciting at all. I'd rather watch LeBron crab dribble for a couple hours.

it does have a bit of an NHL scoreboard feel to it, doesn't it.

it does have a bit of an NHL scoreboard feel to it, doesn't it.

Absolutely. The scoreboard in the new Cowboys stadium is going to be more impressive: the first ever suspended over a football field, stretching from the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line:

Hanging approximately 90 feet above the field from the roof structure, the innovative video center spans between the 20-yard lines and features four individual boards- two facing the sidelines, 160 feet wide and 72 feet tall, and two facing the end zones, 53 feet wide and 30 feet tall, totaling over 25,000 square feet of display area other in the world, a center-hung video board.

Is this little circular video board really the technology Shuttlecock were shitting their pants over?

Absolutely. The scoreboard in the new Cowboys stadium is going to be more impressive: the first ever suspended over a football field, stretching from the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line.

Is this really the technology they were shitting their pants over?

Bono can barely work a cell phone, I'm sure this is pretty far out there for him...

I didn't even notice the information about the technology for the shows. I was too focused on the dates. I don't care what kind of bells and whistles they have at the show. As long as they have some sort of screens so the poor bastards in the nosebleeds can see what's going on, that's all I care about.

And loud, big sound.

And now I find out Cocks of Leon are a headliner for ACL Festival this year. This day keeps getting worse.

Someone call andyuk! We need a thread for this!

I think "WTFU2" would accurately describe the mood of many in here right now. but I like the crab one, too.

Well there's certainly room for more crazy shit. We don't know what the video content will be (I'm assuming it's going to at least be as cool as what was on Squirtigo, probably better), and since it's open air maybe FIREWORKS??

Also, GAF's line about the moving crab was pretty funny. The visual is even better if you imagine it shooting laser beams at PLEBANS in the crowd: "Must. Destroy. Entitled. Superfans."

Yeah, let's hope it moves around. Then it'll be like we're in a movie!

tarantbig.jpg

Wicky wild wild.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but what happened to "Kiss the Future"? That was in freaking Billboard. If the official name is Shuttlecock360, that's totally retarded Oriental Asian.

Back
Top Bottom