Share your GA wisdom with me, O Wise Ones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
OK... so Charlotte Arena is a brand new venue, the band's never played there before Monday. But - the stage design is the same for each show, as best I can tell.

That being said: with GAs, what's the best positioning (both inside & outside the ellipse) for band viewing/bonding/sound quality/picture opportunities? In other words, where do you guys think I should be for optimal show enjoyment & maximum contact? :)

I'm curious to know what folks who have ventured into GA-Land before me have learned from their experiences. :yes:

Last edited:
I got this from standing in between Bono and Edge:
345733%3A323232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D326%3A%3E64%3B%3E3%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323337683%3B4%3B%3Cnu0mrj

I know nothing abour recording however!! Enjoy!

Inside the ellipse:

If you want to be right there with the band the entire show stand close to the main stage. If the main stage has a lot of people on the rail already, head for the tip of the ellipse. You'll be up close to the drums for LAPOE and a number of acoustic songs.

Outside the ellipse:

Try for the tip first, and if that fails then grab a rail spot. If no rail spots are avaliable, try the corners (left or right) of the ellipse as you can then relax and lean back against the guard rail rimming the GA section.

Thanks for the information. My first ever U2 show will be in Salt Lake City coming up, I'm so excited!

They never seem to make it up to North Dakota :(

Dusty Bottoms said:
Thanks for the information. My first ever U2 show will be in Salt Lake City coming up, I'm so excited!

They never seem to make it up to North Dakota :(

I'm surprised the didn't hit Fargo at your Dome up there. As I recall, you guy have gotten the Stones and Springsteen in the past. Never would have guessed that in a million years at the time, but then I saw that y'all built a spankin' new arena.

Eenjoy SLC!

Slim

Fargo Dome I've been to. Its because there is not a big population. Last year 8,000 tickets were sold for Metallica up there. Worst attendance on the Madly in Anger World Tour.:(

Canadiens1160 said:
Inside the ellipse:

If you want to be right there with the band the entire show stand close to the main stage. If the main stage has a lot of people on the rail already, head for the tip of the ellipse. You'll be up close to the drums for LAPOE and a number of acoustic songs.

Outside the ellipse:

Try for the tip first, and if that fails then grab a rail spot. If no rail spots are avaliable, try the corners (left or right) of the ellipse as you can then relax and lean back against the guard rail rimming the GA section.

I agree with this completely. Didnt get into the ellipse for either of the shows I had GA. Went into the corners both times, once on Edges side, once on Adams side. Being on Adams side is better if you want Bono, he usually walks over that side more often.

St. Louis GA Lines?

I just wanted to check and see if all venues create 2 GA lines (one regular and one fan club).

I know they did in Chicago when I saw them in the Spring. I had a final that day, and got to the United Center about 4pm, and was about 30th in the fan club line. I would have been nearly 300 people back in the regular line.

I'm hoping they'll have 2 GA lines in St. Louis tomorrow, because I have another final tomorrow and won't get to the center until about 5 or 5:30.

Also, if they move the line inside (which I don't think they will), do they still keep 2 GA lines?

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

They had separate lines for fanclub/non-fanclub in Buffalo on Friday, and we were inside. You should still be able to get a fairly good spot. I had a friend who arrived Friday only at about 8 and was maybe 15 rows deep, so if you're there at 5:30, you should be able to get pretty close.

Have fun, and good luck on your final :) It's finals week for me, too.

My personal opinion is the very back inside the elipse is the best spot. I had the opportunity in Vancouver to be second row from the stage but after scouting from the nosebleeds the night before I figured the back would be best. I loved it. You get a better view of the lighting from the back of the elipse and you can also move around freely takeing pictures at will. Nobody gets angrey with you for b budgeing in front of them for a picture at the back of the elipse. I started the show back row center of the elispe. It's right where Bono comes out at the begining and I actually had to move my beer for Bono to get up the ramp. I forgot it there and as Bono started over to the ramp the security guy yelled for me to move my drink. I did and as I did Bono walked right past. It was insane. The back inside the elipse is where it's at. having said that I suppose there is always somthing to be said about front row center right. Outsied the elipse anywhere along the rail would be good.

An update for anyone interested: Mr. Blu & I were fortunate enough to find ourselves 2nd from the catwalk, slightly left of center stage. Lots of up-close Edge & Bono viewing -- it was divine. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom