Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is cool. Even if I’m not a fan of full album shows so much, I’m glad they’re doing. Wonder if they will do some LoveTown stuff in the encores.

I hope they can incorporate the Zoo Station, Fly, Stay, Wild Horses portion from Europe last year. That was the highlight of that tour, and possibly this whole IE/EI with JT mixed in era.

This is cool. Even if I’m not a fan of full album shows so much, I’m glad they’re doing. Wonder if they will do some LoveTown stuff in the encores.

It’s not cool, it’s sad. Bad enough that they were pressured by Live Nation to do it the first time, and now again 2 years later when it’s not even the anniversary anymore?

I really thought they had more respect for their recent work, however divisive it may have been. They could have easily billed this as some combination of the two SOI/SOE tours and still played a healthy dose of JT material.

Enjoy your jukebox, I guess.

Finally looks like its really going to happen. Too far away to go to any of these shows, but at least those of us who can't go will get to see everything on youtube in the days following each show.

Where's too far?

It’s not cool, it’s sad. Bad enough that they were pressured by Live Nation to do it the first time, and now again 2 years later when it’s not even the anniversary anymore?

I really thought they had more respect for their recent work, however divisive it may have been. They could have easily billed this as some combination of the two SOI/SOE tours and still played a healthy dose of JT material.

Enjoy your jukebox, I guess.

:lol: run along. Or buy a ticket and come and visit the greatest city in the world. You can sleep on my couch. Otherwise, leave us to enjoy it!

Nah, I'm good. I'd be more likely to fly out for the e+i tour that I missed.

You have lost all objectivity here, preferring to see the songs you like better instead of considering what this means for their career and stature.

Another desperate move from a band that really can't avoid being called a dinosaur act at this point.

Will be curious to see what the rehearsals look like for sure since in 2017 we didn’t have SOE yet and one would think they won’t ignore SOI/SOE all together, but it could be a rehash of the 2017 set with a LT encore which in its own right would be pretty cool.

Prediction: JT + hits. No SOI or SOE. Predictable and safe.

Refer back to the prior discussion about how in these parts SOI and SOE may as well not exist.

Last edited:
Soi/SOE may show up in a more structured show.

I reckon we will get a more balanced Soi (pre JT)/JT/SOE (post JT) kind of thing:

1-8 - would be Boy-TUF with 2-3 SOI songs
9-19 - TJT
20-27 - AB to SOE

Could end up being something like:

1. IWF
2. Cedarwood Rd
3. Gloria
4. SBS
5. NYD
6. EBW
7. Pride
8. Bad
9-19 JT

20. The Fly
21. WGRYWH
22. Stay
23. BD
24. Vertigo
25. The Blackout
26. Love is Bigger
27. One

I'd love that but reckon it's pretty ambitious.

Think we'll get something very plain, like...

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Year's Day
3. Pride (In the Name of Love)
4-14. The Joshua Tree

~ break ~

15. Desire
16. When Love Comes to Town
17. Angel of Harlem
18. Beautiful Day
19. Elevation
20. Vertigo
21. The Blackout
22. Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way
23. One
24. I Will Follow (extra song on the odd occasion)

I really hope I'm wrong, and that we get Bad, and at least some of ASOH, Zoo, The Fly, TUF, Stay and Horses, but with all of them nearly 60 and trotting all the way out here, to markets they haven't played in, respectively, nine, 13 years and never, with so few shows, I feel like we'll be lucky to get more than two or three changes across the whole tour.

No doubt they will do a Rattle and Hum/Lovetown bit. Last time they came in 2010 we got Love Rescue Me and a lenghty speech about the Lovetown documentary. I guarantee you the average Aussie crowd will much prefer more Rattle and Hum songs over JT.

I hope they play a few more songs than the 22 average from the last JT tour.

I don't discount that there's a chance they'd do some Rattle and Hum stuff, but I also don't get this idea that it's some sort of given. Like, has everyone paid attention to their setlists on the last two tours? They've been basic as shit

I know you're American, but the world outside of the USA really is different.

I've looked at every setlist since 2005. But, again, you're unable to grasp the popularity of Lovetown/RAH in Australia.

Tommy WM, I believe you, and hope your post will prove to be right.

I think the setlist might be something like this:

01. Sunday Blood Sunday
02. October
03. New Years Day
04. Pride
05. Bad
06. Where The Streets Have No Name
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. With Or Without You
09. Bullet The Blue Sky
10. Running To Stand Still
11. Red Hill Mining Town
12. In God's Country
13. Trip Through Your Wires
14. One Tree Hill
15. Exit
16. Mother's Of The Disappeared

Encore

17. Desire
18. All I Want Is You
19. God Part II
20. Angel Of Harlem
21. Love Rescue Me
22. 40

I think they will give a nod to Rattle And Hum and Love Town .

I know you're American, but the world outside of the USA really is different.

I've looked at every setlist since 2005. But, again, you're unable to grasp the popularity of Lovetown/RAH in Australia.

Tommy WM, I believe you, and hope your post will prove to be right.

Sure it's because I'm an American that they played the same damn setlist on JT30 from Seattle to Rome. That's because I'm an American who doesn't realize that a bunch of fucking dingos really dug Heartland back in the day.

I mean, they do occasionally still surprise me so anything is possible I guess but if I had to bet real money I would say the preform pretty much the same setlist as JT30 with maybe more IE/EI material at the end... Acoustic Desire if you are reeeally lucky.

Of course they will also probably soundcheck something completely amazing like Hawkmoon or maybe even play it once or twice and then drop it like the usually do for SFS or something, lol.

Last edited:
I’d expect exactly the same setlist as 2017, minus ultraviolet and miss Sarajevo, with a few songs from the last 2 albums thrown in. Expect very little variation in 2 night cities.

My bet is everything up to the encore will be the same.

Sarajevo, Ultraviolet, and Best Thing will be replaced with 1 song each from Innocence, Experience, and Rattle and Hum.

I’d say it’s possible that on two-night stands, we could see a rotation.

Angel of Harlem/Love Comes to Town

Every Breaking Wave/Song for Someone (maybe The Miracle?)

GOOYOW/Love is Bigger

I wouldn’t be shocked to see The Blackout, which could be awesome with the big screen. Maybe taking the place of Elevation. Sponsored by Fosters.

Good morning to those in the Asia-Pacific region.

[TWEET]1130222144141635591[/TWEET]

Last edited:
I can answer why...

Sounds like Australia fucked up a vote and U2 finna sweep in with something about reaching across the isle something something and then say how ted cruz is in the house fighting aids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom