Setlist - 1st Show of 3rd Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what the casual U2 fans think of Miss Sarajevo. I think its a great song and a real treat, but the casual fans must be confused.

They also played 40 (full band, full song - not snippet).

And I don't think the crowd was confused by Miss Sarajevo. Fast Cars, probably.

I didn't really like Fast Cars but I give U2 credit for trying out something new... they probably do read these things once and awhile just for input on how to make their shows better. By the end of the song the crowd was into it.

Miss Sarejevo was great in my opinion. A nice surprise, and Bono sang it with passion. In general, I would have to say his voice was amazing tonight... great range.

To those that complain about the U2 setlist, you are entitled to your opinion. While listening to Bullet the Blue Sky for the 4th time in 4 U2 concerts, I thought to myself that if I ever am disappointed in a U2 concert setlist it must mean that I have seen too many U2 concerts...

fast cars is a big surprise, but i would never have thought in a little while! good, it's pretty good, i bet there are a few others surprises waiting for us..........................other songs are gonna be played :wink:

Aardvark747 said:

It's wasted on them....

I hope that doesn't cause U2 to stop playing Fast Cars!!!

I was lucky enough to hear Miss Sarajevo in Munich (it was amazing... I was stunned), and Fast Cars is such a rocking great song... I just hope they keep playing it!!!

It's VERY COOL to see those 2 songs live.... In a little while is wonderful and Fast car is not 1 of my favourite, but it's the 1st time ever!!!! Great..., ok so many other songs are better, but at least U2 changed the setlist a little bit..... good start.... many more shakeups for the 3 remaining nights in Toronto....

fast cars? that song blows! its like them doing holy joe at kmart..after they listen to it they will say what were we thinking..i like in a little while..but come on. this is the different setlist they have worked on? should have rehearsed instead of counting their money, i for one am very dissappointed in the band. who knows how long they have left to tour and this one is like w. bush as prez.- a waste of 8 years. you guys would settle for them farting in the microphones to the macarena and say wow thats awesome! what about luminious times? or love comes tumbling? if they read these forums dont you think they would give acrobat or dirty day a try? you all been had.

Last edited:
bray said:
fast cars? that song blows! its like them doing holy joe at kmart..after they listen to it they will say what were we thinking..i like in a little while..but come on. this is the different setlist they have worked on? should have rehearsed instead of counting their money, i for one am very dissappointed in the band. who knows how long they have left to tour and this one is like w. bush as prez.- a waste of 8 years. you guys would settle for them farting in the microphones to the macarena and say wow thats awesome! what about luminious times? or love comes tumbling? if they read these forums dont you think they would give acrobat or dirty day a try? you all been had.

The reason you and others seem pissed off is plain and simple. You lot expected lots of exciting new stuff, or a return to 1st leg setlists, when its more likely and in character for U2 to stick with what now works for them. The 1st leg is usually finding out what works in general. By the time of the 2nd leg the setlist becomes set in stone and only rarely do big changes still happen.
It happens every time between legs and every time so many people get their hopes up impossibly high only to have it inevitably crushed. Nobody's been had, they only fooled themselves.

What a dissapointment :sad: after a lot of speculations, even petitions like Dirty Day :drool: ... what happened ? the band didn´t even bother in trying something different:mad: they just played almost the same setlist they played during the boring first leg :down:

I bet you they didn´t care about try something different and suprising for the fans :tsk:.

The overall setlist is really boring :yawn:. If hope they´ll wake up and play something exciting at last. They must remember they already played the same setlist in the same cities, so that´s really a lack of respect to the fans.

I´m really sad about U2

I hope some of these negative comments are from people who were actually there to hear the setlist. Otherwise, it's pretty pointless to comment on it, don't you think? :rolleyes:

The energy of this setlist was unbelievable, it really worked on the emotions of the crowd. Some people around me were actually brought to tears at certain intervals in the set. And I was just awed by Bono's ability to carry so many notes - and his keen attempt at Pavorotti's opera piece in Miss Sarajevo.

And just to add, "40" was not only missed on the list, but it should also be asterisked by the fact The Edge played bass and Adam played guitar.:D

ponkine said:
What a dissapointment :sad: after a lot of speculations, even petitions like Dirty Day :drool: ... what happened ? the band didn´t even bother in trying something different:mad: they just played almost the same setlist they played during the boring first leg :down:

I bet you they didn´t care about try something different and suprising for the fans :tsk:.

The overall setlist is really boring :yawn:. If hope they´ll wake up and play something exciting at last. They must remember they already played the same setlist in the same cities, so that´s really a lack of respect to the fans.

I´m really sad about U2
almost the same setlist as the first leg? really? so you has miss sarajevo, i will follow, i still havent found, in a little while, and fast cars on the first leg?

try something different? so throwing a song in that was never release in N.A. isnt different?

setlist boring, how many shows you been too this tour?

your really sad about U2, well why spend so much of your time around a U2 forum, and the tour section at that

the people who have went to the show and reviewd it on u2tours.com must have really been lying about it then, and i seem to remember one reviewer saying how it was the best U2 show he had seen, must be such a liar

Last edited:
Phi said:

And just to add, "40" was not only missed on the list, but it should also be asterisked by the fact The Edge played bass and Adam played guitar.:D

Ahum, you do realize that Adam and Edge swapping instruments is standard territory with 40?

i dont spend alot of time on this forum...its pointless. i just wanted to see what the setlist was. as far as being a fan ive been to every tour since the unforgettable fire. i just wasnt ..excited this tour. i thought they would havetouched down on alot more songs like the unforgettable fire indtead of pride. i know there are staples in every setlist they do but seriously..there is room for improvement. of the 3 shows i saw this tour, if you think bonos voice is strong, you are a new fan or havent been to a u2 show yet. they still excite but is a shadow of the past, and their inability to change the setlist from songs they have done almost every tour is bogus. i still havent found...boring!
pride is stale, so is bullet and streets. i will follow ..now come on. they have left about half their albums out on this tour..and they dont even have that many to begin with...they should add a few songs..beef it up a litle..i paid a friggin fortune to see them and in my opinion it wasnt worth it. i was seeing the setlist to wonder if i should get tickets to the chicago shows but forget it.

yimou said:
I wonder what the casual U2 fans think of Miss Sarajevo. I think its a great song and a real treat, but the casual fans must be confused.

It was on the Best Of, and casual fans would probably only buy the Best Ofs, so I'm sure more people know of it.

Steve

same ole set list big deal 3 diff songs............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

guess I'll ebay the 2 pairs of Ga's I have...
one for bost, the other for Vegas.....

whine, bitch, moan, no one does it better than the interference crew. You guys really know how to suck the fun out of anything. For crying out loud it's U2!!! If you're that unhappy with things, sell your tickets or only go to a single show rather that 43. If you only go to one show, then it doesn't make a friggen bit of difference how varied the setlists are.

Here's your setlist!

COBL
Vertigo
...ah flip that.
----------------------

New setlist...

Zoo Station
The Fly
Electric Co
Out of Control
Wire
Seconds
Like A Song
Rejoice
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Mercy
Crumbs
Dirty Day (now I'm just putting random songs down)
Bad
A Sort of Homecoming
One Tree Hill
Exit
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car/Bono calls the President and tells him to get a hair cut
Lemon
Ultraviolet

Love And Peace
HMTMKMKM
One
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

U2 comes back and plays....

VERTIGO!!!!

:wink:

Muad'zin said:

Ahum, you do realize that Adam and Edge swapping instruments is standard territory with 40?

I didn't know that. And Phi probably didn't know either. Please don't be so condescending.

I like the setlist. But then again, I'm happy with just about anything. :shrug: :wink:

Well, I personally couldn't care less if you guys are disappointed, but I'm SO EXCITED about my next concert now.

October 17 will be only my second U2 concert EVER, and now I get to hear In a Little While, Still Haven't Found, Miss Sarajevo!!!, FAST CARS, I Will Follow for my first time!* I'm so excited!

*provided these songs stay around until my next show

Edit: Oh, I even forgot that I've never heard With or Without You live before! WOOO HOOOO!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom