September 3, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone else find it strange that this show wasn't an instant sell-out? We're really hoping we bought the right tickets - the "standing 71.50 euros" ones are the GA tickets right?

seems people are not so eager to spend their money for an event taking place in 10 months

seems people are not so eager to spend their money for an event taking place in 10 months

that might be true for Greece, but on the other hand, from the 19 shows that went on sale, 11 are already sold out and the 2 (the Canadian shows) are nearly sold out.

yeah I know :sexywink:

I guess this is how the people in this part of the world look at going to concerts

For example for Madonna 's concert in Sofia 2 months ago there were tickets for most categories until the day of the show, even some thought it might be cancelled, but it was a total sell out, with a record gross income and attendance (approx 56 000) for the country.

I don't doubt that Athens will sell out but obviously it will not happen fast

:wave::wave::wave:

Athens GR: U2's 2010 venue [Image Gallery]

The Claw under Santiago Calatrava's space roof
The 360° Tour venue in Athens:
Photo Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/AthensOlympicStadium

4116542103_549f53dac7.jpg

4116522263_5ae93eb079.jpg

4116518369_79e22b3c05.jpg

Did you have a Fed Ex tracking #?

My tickets arrived today via fedex:D

I'm from USA and ordered Athens Tix during presale via Ticketpro.gr (eng version). Only thing I received back then was an email confirmation with transaction # and summary of order.

On Ticketpro.gr site today...they say that orders up to Transaction 90K something have started going out 11/16/09.

If that's true...then my tickets should be coming soon....but it's rather uncomfortable not having a tracking # with the order. My del method was FedEx.

Was curious how you were notified (at time of sale/and before delivery?).
Thanks

I'm from USA and ordered Athens Tix during presale via Ticketpro.gr (eng version). Only thing I received back then was an email confirmation with transaction # and summary of order.

On Ticketpro.gr site today...they say that orders up to Transaction 90K something have started going out 11/16/09.

If that's true...then my tickets should be coming soon....but it's rather uncomfortable not having a tracking # with the order. My del method was FedEx.

Was curious how you were notified (at time of sale/and before delivery?).
Thanks

I had transaction no 83783 which was quoted in the email at time of sale. I had no contact to inform me tickets were on the way since. Incidentally my orders list at ticketpro.gr still shows 'Ready to delivery/pick up'

:wave:
I had transaction no 83783 which was quoted in the email at time of sale. I had no contact to inform me tickets were on the way since. Incidentally my orders list at ticketpro.gr still shows 'Ready to delivery/pick up'

OK...then I don't feel so nervous. My order was 84110, and status says the same thing (Ready to deliver/pick)......so I guess I shouldn't 'worry'. If you got yours Friday...then I suppose mine can't be far behind....
Thanks for getting back :wave:

I have spoken to them on the phone 4 times to ask about my cancellation, they said that I will receive mail reply at some point because only 1 person is replying to emails, I am waiting for this email 20 days now :drool::huh::shifty:

I’m from Romania and I have transaction no 83801 and still no ticket or contact from ticketpro.gr. I sent them 2 e-mails asking the status of my order but no replay. I’m a little bit worried.:hmm:

Same here.... transaction number in the 8's and still no tickets and no word from them... I'll give them a few more days before I start trying to call them..

They don't reply to emails :| but they answer the phone... Last time I used them (2008 for Madonna tix) they sent out emails announcing when to expect the tickets and the tickets arrived in a few days...

I'm thinking of booking a hotel soon, but don't know where in Athens to look. Also, does anyone know of any areas in Athens to avoid. Thanks

I'm thinking of booking a hotel soon, but don't know where in Athens to look. Also, does anyone know of any areas in Athens to avoid. Thanks

I've put together a list of Athens hotels which have received good reviews on my site here. You can also see how far each one is from the stadium by road. By good reviews I mean that we have checked every hotel featured on sites such as Tripadviser and only listed those which feature in the top 50% for a given place and if there are any really negative comments we don't feature that hotel.

I've put together a list of Athens hotels which have received good reviews on my site here. You can also see how far each one is from the stadium by road. By good reviews I mean that we have checked every hotel featured on sites such as Tripadviser and only listed those which feature in the top 50% for a given place and if there are any really negative comments we don't feature that hotel.
Thanks for that..will check it out!

Wow, you're my hero! You've saved me so much work (and not just for Athens....). Thank-you!!!

Hi people,

GA's sold out, but no problem for people who wants GA-tix.
I have 3 GA's left for normal sale. If you are interested, please PM me!

Best regards,
Simon

I so want to go to this gig, but as a teacher the schedule doesn't work for me, 1 week earlier and I would have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom