September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i kinda wish i was going to the first show and not the second... oh well lol

If history shows anything with U2, on multiple night stands in a city, night 1 is the "standard" tour setlist and night 2 and beyond is where you get some surprises, so I think if only doing 1 show, Monday would be the better choice. Of course we won't know for sure till 9/22.

If history shows anything with U2, on multiple night stands in a city, night 1 is the "standard" tour setlist and night 2 and beyond is where you get some surprises, so I think if only doing 1 show, Monday would be the better choice. Of course we won't know for sure till 9/22.

Night 1 on the 12/4-12/5 stand, they came out and did All Because of You and Fast Cars, which wasn't on the setlist and wasn't planned. So you never know.

I am going to be one tired mofo on September 22nd. :crack: :lol:

From the way Bono was talking, I don't think there is gonna be a Standard setlist. I think they'll do more of a late Elevation thing where they open with the same three songs or so, and ends the main set with the same, free for all inbetween

SMB

From the way Bono was talking, I don't think there is gonna be a Standard setlist. I think they'll do more of a late Elevation thing where they open with the same three songs or so, and ends the main set with the same, free for all inbetween

SMB

Yeah, but we all know Bono is a dirty liar. :down:

Night 1 on the 12/4-12/5 stand, they came out and did All Because of You and Fast Cars, which wasn't on the setlist and wasn't planned. So you never know.

I am going to be one tired mofo on September 22nd. :crack: :lol:

But that show really wasn't the first show - they had just done two shows 2 months prior, regardless that show was simply awesome.

I was at both the 4th and 5th as well as Oct 3rd and May 28th for Boston. Remember, The Edge is from the future and his time machine was made in Boston. Remember that always. It's important. And "He is Human"

SMB

yeah i went 12/5 and they did two encores. it was amazing. you've got a point.

Quick question for Bostonians...

Well, Boston has been on my short list of destination cities for some time, and what better time to go than a U2 tour! If only the Red Sox were in town around the same time... :sad:

I'm strongly considering making the trip, but I need to know a couple of basics to determine a realistic working budget.

Question(s): If you locals were flying into BOS for 4 days on a limited budget, how would you handle transportation? Is Foxboro accessible by subway or other public transportation? Would you recommend a car rental, or would it just be an unnecessary expense? How does traffic tend to be in Boston/Foxboro? Would you stay in Boston, or stay nearer to the stadium and go into the city as a side trip?

Any tips would be appreciated! :applaud:

Also you have to keep in mind that 12/4 was a very special night for the band, as they were celebrating my birthday, so they went above and beyond.

:wink:

From the way Bono was talking, I don't think there is gonna be a Standard setlist. I think they'll do more of a late Elevation thing where they open with the same three songs or so, and ends the main set with the same, free for all in between

SMB

I won't believe a word of that until I see it. I think that's wishful thinking on his part until they realize they actually have to learn a lot of songs to get that accomplished.

Soo I'm going VIP Red Zone 9/21 now... I don't even remember bidding on those but I won! Ha.

I have four extra GAs now... 2 might be taken but 2 are still unspoken for.

Well, Boston has been on my short list of destination cities for some time, and what better time to go than a U2 tour! If only the Red Sox were in town around the same time... :sad:

I'm strongly considering making the trip, but I need to know a couple of basics to determine a realistic working budget.

Question(s): If you locals were flying into BOS for 4 days on a limited budget, how would you handle transportation? Is Foxboro accessible by subway or other public transportation? Would you recommend a car rental, or would it just be an unnecessary expense? How does traffic tend to be in Boston/Foxboro? Would you stay in Boston, or stay nearer to the stadium and go into the city as a side trip?

Any tips would be appreciated! :applaud:

if you are looking to gillette on the cheap, avoid boston and fly into Providence- its closer to Gillette than from Boston, although Boston does have a train to the stadium, Gillette is set up more for tailgating than public transportation, so id fly to Providence and rent a car from there. You can always do a day trip to Boston. Foxboro is a suburb, so theres not a lot going on there other than Patriot Place and the stadium.

if you are looking to gillette on the cheap, avoid boston and fly into Providence- its closer to Gillette than from Boston, although Boston does have a train to the stadium, Gillette is set up more for tailgating than public transportation, so id fly to Providence and rent a car from there. You can always do a day trip to Boston. Foxboro is a suburb, so theres not a lot going on there other than Patriot Place and the stadium.

Wow, I thought about doing the exact thing you just recommended. At first I was thinking about driving myself from the Philly area, with the comfort of my own car and such, but it's a 6-hour drive. It's kind of hard to do that by myself, especially since I plan to be back at work on Tuesday after the show. I have to see how it works out, but if I choose to fly in, I hope I'll still be able to get a car from PVD now that you've let the secret out... :)

I'm going to do the drive from South Jersey. I did it on the last tour and it wasn't that bad.

I believe they only do the train for Pats games. I know a few people who have looked into the commuter rail for different concerts and the T (train/commuter rail) didn't run for the concerts.

Thanks for the tip.

I've been looking at flights from Providence to Vegas and Providence to Chicago. Maybe it's the destinations I was picking, but it was at least $100 more to fly out of there than Logan.

this is a longshot but does anyone by chance at least have 2 extra GAs for the 9/20 show? i want to trade for the 9/21 show since i have four extra GAs for that show and I'm thinking going one night with regular GA would be good since I have a chance to get into the ellipse.

still have at least 2 for sale with no takers... haha. but yeah, anyone up for a trade? :D (i posted in the have and want section but figured i'd try here too.)

I'll be there with my wife, sister, niece, best buddy and his wife, and hopefully a few more folks! I live in Providence so I'll be hitting Foxboro early and tailgating it up! If anyone knows of a fun tailgate, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom